Windows 10: system no longer recognizes Sony MP3 player, code 19 error

Discus and support system no longer recognizes Sony MP3 player, code 19 error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My ASUS system (running Win10 64) stopped recognizing my Sony MP3 player. Device Manager - Portable devices no longer shows the Sony Walkman icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RPitts, Jan 8, 2018.

1. RPitts Win User

system no longer recognizes Sony MP3 player, code 19 error

My ASUS system (running Win10 64) stopped recognizing my Sony MP3 player. Device Manager - Portable devices no longer shows the Sony Walkman icon. opening the device properties the following error code is presented: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)". I have tried some of the recommendations presented on various online sites including eliminating the high/low filter in registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|Current ControlSet\Control\Class\(4D36E(^%-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318). I have an HP laptop running Win10 64 that has no trouble recognizing the Sony Walkman. The registry entries in both computers (for this line item) are identical so I have ruled out this being a problem. I have uninstalled the drivers, restarted the computer and allowed the computer to reinstall the correct drivers but that does not work. no matter how I try to reload the drivers the computer installs the wrong drivers. Using my HP laptop as a reference, I know what the right drivers should be but I cannot force the system to install them. some other issue in the registry must be causing the misdirection but I do not know where to look, any help would be appreciated. And no I do not want to go back to an earlier version of software if I can help it.

:)

RPitts, Jan 8, 2018

2. sync problems with win 10 media player

My Win 10 media player is no longer syncing podcast files to my sony mp3 player. Also it will not remove podcasts already on the sony device. Until recently it worked fine. The error message reads "Windows 10 Media Player cannot delete a file from the
    device. Can anyone help?

ErniePenner, Jan 8, 2018
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize Sony MP3 Player

I have a Sony MP3 player that wasn't recognized by Win7 despite much troubleshooting so I upgraded to Win10 and still have same problem.

EricaEtelson, Jan 8, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 10, 2018
  5. RPitts Win User
    My Sony Walkman is NWZ-E344, I have a Common Setting file but no USB Connection option. This unit automatically connects via USB. My HP laptop recognizes and connects automatically so it is not an MP3 player problem. The Screen on the Walkman indicates a USB connection when connected to either computer.
    Thanks for the idea though, every lead brings me closer to a solution.

RPitts, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. system no longer recognizes Sony MP3 player, code 19 error - Similar Threads - system longer recognizes

2. windows media player legacy wont recognize my mp3 player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player legacy wont recognize my mp3 player.: I'm running win 11 on an HP laptop. the install of WMP Legacy will not recognize my MP3 player creative labs Zen Vision:M 30gb , but the computer itself does see it in file explorer.meanwhile my beelink desktop running Win 11 does see it . Any idea what could be causeing this...
  3. Mp3 player not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp3 player not recognized: Hi, I bought a swimming mp3 player. Connected to my Mac , downloaded some songs . Second time my computer didn’t recognized my mp3. I tryed on my second computer that is pc and nothing. I bought a different mp3 player for swimming and it happened the same, at the first time...
  4. USB port not recognizing MP3 player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB port not recognizing MP3 player: When I plug in my MP3 player to my desktop USB port to, update the files, it does not show up anywhere. The power light on the MP3 player comes on but nothing else. My USB port if fine with my phone or jump drives....
  5. mp3 player

in Windows 10 Customization
    mp3 player: when I plug in my MP3 player -- the display shows that it is connected and charging; but where do I locate my MP3 player on my computer? I do not see it under 'This PC'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-player/933960db-36e7-44c6-b613-52e9c15c0654
  6. MP3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP3 player: Just bought a Supereye 16gb mp3 player but my windows 10 laptop does not recognise it and i dont know how to pair it, i am not computer literate but i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-player/6aec5e06-fd50-4ec7-a8f5-f335c281aa78
  7. My computer can't recognize mp3 player

My computer can't recognize mp3 player: I tried everything to make my computer recognize mp3 i know no one has them anymore but I do I can't do anything about it but really want to download some songs please help I'm deeply depressed and make my life a little bit better thank you...
  8. Error Code 19 (Windows 10)

Error Code 19 (Windows 10): My PC is getting error code 19 (Registry Value Damaged) for my built-in DVD drive. I did update my computer, so that could be the issue. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it just kept popping up. Anything?...
  9. PC doesn’t recognize USB mp3 player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn’t recognize USB mp3 player: I use Windows 10 laptop and a Pyle Flextreme MP3 Player. This player works without problems but I cannot connect it to the laptop to load new songs on it. My laptop just cannot see it....
  10. Sony Xperia Android MTP driver problem Code 19

Sony Xperia Android MTP driver problem Code 19: I had an interesting occurrence today, which has popped up elsewhere. It seems that Windows 10 MPT drivers for some portable devices can be a little cantankerous. Basically what happens is when you connect your Android it doesn't start and won't communicate with the PC. In my...
Tags: