Windows 10: System Not Booting With Gpu

Discus and support System Not Booting With Gpu in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm building a new system and I was able to intall windows but I had to use the DVI connection on the mb (older mb). Whenever I plug in my gtx 1050 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by silkystuff, Mar 23, 2017.

1. System Not Booting With Gpu

I'm building a new system and I was able to intall windows but I had to use the DVI connection on the mb (older mb). Whenever I plug in my gtx 1050 and boot it just shows a splash screen and beeps. I tried disabling onboard graphics and setting primary display to PEG then saving and putting in the gpu but when it reboots the same thing happens. Then integrated graphics gets inabled again when I unplug the gpu. Bios is saving because I was able to change the time but its almost like the settings aren't being saved. Looked it up and it might be a display memory read/write error. What am I doing wrong? The 1050 is brand new :/

:)

silkystuff, Mar 23, 2017

2. Windows 10, system completely crashes while playing games.

I am running tests, doing clean boot as suggested. It seems it takes longer for the system to crash in clean boot. I am guessing it might be a ram problem, but with 8 gb ram i should be fine. I am gonna also try what @BossDweeb said about the drivers. The
    GPU and processor temps seem to be fine. Processor is around 58-62 and GPU is around 80.

Thanks for the tips, i will post the results of the testing.

Alberto R. P., Mar 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Final Build - Black screen after boot screen

I have Asus Notebook B43J with dual gpu. Intel and ATI. After installing win 10 i had same black screen issue after the final restart. All along during the installation process of restarting and setting up, the screen was ok. After the final boot it turned
    all black. I tried most stuff including remote connection and disabling fast boot nothing worked. The while fiddling in it's bios found one option for gpu as others or vista/win7.. It was on vista/win7 so i changed to others where by i believe it disables
    the intel gpu, the windows booted to win10.

My guess is that it's mostly related to having 2 gpus on board including desktops where there is intel gpu as well as discrete. My desktop system has only AMD so there is no issue with it.

I blame MS/INTEL for not providing proper driver support.

Turning fastboot on or off didn't do anything for my dual gpu setup only when I disabled it in bios did I solve my issue.

I pointed it out earlier in this thread as well hope this helps.

Sakattack500, Mar 23, 2017
  4. System Not Booting With Gpu

Pretty sure you fixed this one. Please mark solved and post a link to your solution.

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2017
Thema:

System Not Booting With Gpu

1. System Not Booting With Gpu - Similar Threads - System Booting Gpu

2. My PC not booting into the extended GPU but only into the intergraded GPU on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC not booting into the extended GPU but only into the intergraded GPU on the...: Hi, ever since last month after i downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 due to crashes on games, it's been perfectly fine. Though i have a problem with my motherboard not recognizing my Graphic's card. Whenever i boot the device, everything turns on, even the LED on the...
  3. My PC not booting into the extended GPU but only into the intergraded GPU on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC not booting into the extended GPU but only into the intergraded GPU on the...: Hi, ever since last month after i downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 due to crashes on games, it's been perfectly fine. Though i have a problem with my motherboard not recognizing my Graphic's card. Whenever i boot the device, everything turns on, even the LED on the...
  4. My PC not booting into the extended GPU but only into the intergraded GPU on the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. System Boot

System Boot: Is the system booting faster, or is the system shutting down faster ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-boot/0623e98f-e3d8-42f2-a4e9-f75950fb44d3
  6. Windows boots from a year old system image after GPU change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boots from a year old system image after GPU change: Hello, I have 2 GPUs on my pc, a 3090 and a rx 590, I use the AMD one as a video output and the Nvidia one for mining connected via riser.Today I wanted to use the 3090 to play some stuff, but after removing the 590 and installing it, somehow and without warning windows...
  7. Windows boots from a year old system image after GPU change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots from a year old system image after GPU change: Hello, I have 2 GPUs on my pc, a 3090 and a rx 590, I use the AMD one as a video output and the Nvidia one for mining connected via riser.Today I wanted to use the 3090 to play some stuff, but after removing the 590 and installing it, somehow and without warning windows...
  8. Windows boots from a year old system image after GPU change

9. Windows BSOD booting with GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD booting with GPU: Trying to boot with my Nvidia/Asus 1080ti, I get immediate BSOD. System doesn't go any further. I've got 3 different codes on different occasions: Page fault in nonpaged area System thread exception not handled Video tdr failure Without the GPU Windows boots normally...
  10. System Freezes then no GPU signal.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Freezes then no GPU signal.: Currently running version 1903 (OS Build 18329.1) with a Ryzen 5 2400G and RX 560. The iGPU is disabled. I've got AMD Radeon driver 19.10.00.12 installed and the system will just freeze up and not work. The HDD activity light will go solid then I'll loose signal from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system not booting gpu in system