Windows 10: System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed

Discus and support System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get Windows notifications for my Facebook friends' birthdays (for some reason). That's okay. But when I dismiss them, after a minute or two, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfaraj, Feb 23, 2016.

1. gfaraj Win User

System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed

I get Windows notifications for my Facebook friends' birthdays (for some reason). That's okay. But when I dismiss them, after a minute or two, they come up again. And then again, and again and again. After like 20 notifications for the same thing, it just stops coming up.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? It's really unnerving.

Thanks,
    George

:)

gfaraj, Feb 23, 2016
  2. rhrmn Win User

Which Windows 10 apps currently support Universal Dismiss for notifications?

Universal notifications were released with the Anniversary Update for Windows 10. From what I understand with the Anniversary Update there is also a feature called universal dismiss, which syncs your dismissed notifications. What top Windows Store apps
    currently support this feature? I tried it with the Twitter for Windows 10 app notifications on my PC with the Anniversary Update, waiting for the notifications to be dismissed on my Microsoft Lumia 640 with the Anniversary Update, but it still shows the dismissed
    Twitter notifications on my phone after about 10 minutes of waiting. I am excited about this feature and really wish to take advantage of it.

rhrmn, Feb 23, 2016
  3. How do I delete birthdays on Windows 10 phone from Facebook?

How do I delete Facebook birthdays from showing up in my calendar and notifications in Windows 10 mobile.

These birthday notifications are driving me insane. I don't even have the Facebook app installed on my phone and the birthdays are showing up.

I've read multiple forums. I even turned off birthdays at Outlook.com. Still, nothing is working.

Can someone please help?

ShawnRiegsecker, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed

1. System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed - Similar Threads - System Notifications birthdays

2. Warning about automatic sample submission repeatable keeps turning on even after dismissed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Warning about automatic sample submission repeatable keeps turning on even after dismissed: I have disabled automatic sample submission in my Windows 11 as I do not want to send any of my files to Microsoft.I got a warning in the Windows Security Center and I selected to dismiss it.Now, every month or so this warning comes back and I have to dismiss it again.It is...
  3. Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...: Is it possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on the timer notification.Dear Microsoft,I am wondering if it is possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on...
  4. Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...

Suggestion to add a a repeat timer button on the timer notification as well a dismiss...: Is it possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on the timer notification.Dear Microsoft,I am wondering if it is possible to have a repeat timer button on your timer notification as well as a dismiss timer button on...
  5. System notifications do not hide after set dismiss time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System notifications do not hide after set dismiss time: Even if I've already set "Dismiss notifications after this amount of time" = 5 seconds, I have to manually close all of them, as they never hide themselves to the action center as they should.This is a long-term issue that couldn't be fixed by either restart or even system...
  6. System notifications do not hide after set dismiss time

System notifications do not hide after set dismiss time: Even if I've already set "Dismiss notifications after this amount of time" = 5 seconds, I have to manually close all of them, as they never hide themselves to the action center as they should.This is a long-term issue that couldn't be fixed by either restart or even system...
  7. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  8. How do I dismiss notifications?

How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  9. Repeated notification of a threat.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeated notification of a threat.: I have scanned my computer a hundred times but a threat named PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms is again and again popping up and a message regarding this and App:MEMUSetup is popping there to remove this threat. I even ran a Microsoft Security Scan there also I couldn't find any...
  10. notifications birthday

in Windows 10 Customization
    notifications birthday: Information regarding birthdays is incorrect... How do I update this function or remove the function....??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-birthday/b109f112-7ac0-498b-bcfb-2f088bca4046