Windows 10: System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed

Discus and support System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get Windows notifications for my Facebook friends' birthdays (for some reason). That's okay. But when I dismiss them, after a minute or two, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gfaraj, Feb 23, 2016.

1. gfaraj Win User

System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed

I get Windows notifications for my Facebook friends' birthdays (for some reason). That's okay. But when I dismiss them, after a minute or two, they come up again. And then again, and again and again. After like 20 notifications for the same thing, it just stops coming up.

Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? It's really unnerving.

Thanks,
    George

:)

gfaraj, Feb 23, 2016
  2. rhrmn Win User

Which Windows 10 apps currently support Universal Dismiss for notifications?

Universal notifications were released with the Anniversary Update for Windows 10. From what I understand with the Anniversary Update there is also a feature called universal dismiss, which syncs your dismissed notifications. What top Windows Store apps
    currently support this feature? I tried it with the Twitter for Windows 10 app notifications on my PC with the Anniversary Update, waiting for the notifications to be dismissed on my Microsoft Lumia 640 with the Anniversary Update, but it still shows the dismissed
    Twitter notifications on my phone after about 10 minutes of waiting. I am excited about this feature and really wish to take advantage of it.

rhrmn, Feb 23, 2016
  3. How do I delete birthdays on Windows 10 phone from Facebook?

How do I delete Facebook birthdays from showing up in my calendar and notifications in Windows 10 mobile.

These birthday notifications are driving me insane. I don't even have the Facebook app installed on my phone and the birthdays are showing up.

I've read multiple forums. I even turned off birthdays at Outlook.com. Still, nothing is working.

Can someone please help?

ShawnRiegsecker, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed

1. System Notifications for birthdays show repeatedly after dismissed - Similar Threads - System Notifications birthdays

2. Notification options not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification options not showing: In the notifications and actions i should be able to turn certain notifications on or off on different apps; however, I don't have that option also i dont have to the option to turn on notifications on lock screen. I heard on a different question that it was the antivirus...
  3. System tray shows new notifications that aren't there

in Windows 10 Support
    System tray shows new notifications that aren't there: I've noticed on my laptop and desktop, both running Win10 Pro 1809, that since the last set of updates, when I boot up and logon, both machines show the notification icon at far right on the system tray as filled and hovering the mouse over the icon shows the tooltip "1 new...
  4. Notification bar is blank not showing Notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification bar is blank not showing Notification: This just started after the .134 update. I get the notice bottom right corner of the taskbar that I have to say 7 notification. When I click on the box the Notification Bar open but it is all just blank. I have clicked around the blank space to see it the notification is...
  5. Notification bar is blank not showing Notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification bar is blank not showing Notification: This just started after the .134 update. I get the notice bottom right corner of the taskbar that I have to say 7 notification. When I click on the box the Notification Bar open but it is all just blank. I have clicked around the blank space to see it the notification is...
  6. Contact name and birthday

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Contact name and birthday: I would like to know is it possible to change my own contact name in particularly someone's contact list so my name appears differently from what it initially was (the original name saved by the person) in the person's contact list? Besides, can I add my own birthday to...
  7. All notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or...

All notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or...: After updating to Windows 10 version 1809 all notifications in the Action Center are dismissed if I either click on one of them or leave the action center. Also, when this issue happens I do not see "no new notification" on top of the action center as it appears when you...
  8. Birthday Calendar

Birthday Calendar: I can't find where to enter a new birthday so it shows up in my calendar with the correct color type. I only have access to my Outlook calendar. The Holiday and Birthday calendars are still there and I have access to change the color of the type, but I can't enter new data....
  9. Mail not showing notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing notifications: I am not getting toast or action center notifications for Mail app, although in the Mail app settings, I have notifications enabled. In Windows settings, "notifications & actions", both the mail app and the calendar app are missing from the list. I have not set up the...
  10. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...