Windows 10: System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

Discus and support System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrByte, Jul 8, 2016.

1. DrByte Win User

System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled" and useable. After research, I discovered that one's antivirus program should be disabled as well as all USB-connected devices unplugged. Once this was done, Windows 10 did install, but I'm now left with having the system icon in the old-fashioned control respond when clicked sending me back to the desktop. I do not have a solution for this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks!

:)

DrByte, Jul 8, 2016
  2. zapd Win User

Credential Manager

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager I make a change , save but it reverts back to older value. Any ideas?

zapd, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Can't open open applications after right clicking start menu?

For a while now I have had difficulties opening up programs and menus after right clicking the start menu. For example, if I just try to right click the windows button and open up the Control Panel, my taskbar freezes up and then there is a brief period
    where my screen turns black for a second or two before reverting back to my desktop. The Control Panel however does not open. Any way to fix this?

Darknighte9, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Right-click the Start button then click System, see if you get the same result or if it works as it should.

Berton, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

1. System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop - Similar Threads - System Control Panel

2. Bring Back System Page from Control Panel!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bring Back System Page from Control Panel!: Seriously this is irritating! What's the point of this nonsense? Just leave settings be settings and control panel a control panel. The setting app is terrible anyway, please MS give back the original setting page as it was. This move to settings should stop, its pure...
  3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hkeycurrentusercontrol-paneldesktopwindowmetrics/92107db4-6799-47ec-9bae-ee0cbb9a9a81
  4. System Page in the Control Panel - REMOVED

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Page in the Control Panel - REMOVED: Hi, Since Windows 10’s October 2020 Update, this pane has been removed and replaced with the Windows 10 'settings' panel. Can the older pane be enabled manually? If not, due to this change certain information is no longer available. This also leads to issue with the...
  5. Reverting back to factory operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back to factory operating system: I bought a laptop and tower from a guy that apparently took the factory windows 7 system and changed it by putting windows 10 on it somehow. Is it possible to convert it back to the factory windows 7 system? It runs so slow and crashes repeadly!!! Aggrivated!!!...
  6. "Run" command to bring back classic "System" control panel page.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Run" command to bring back classic "System" control panel page.: Saw this on How-to-Geek today. To view the "System" page of the control panel, after updating to 20H2, you can either: Run "explorer.exe shell:::{BB06C0E4-D293-4f75-8A90-CB05B6477EEE}" (no quotes). This will show the System page every time you run it, but doesn't add the...
  7. Control Panel’s Scheduled Back-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel’s Scheduled Back-up: I used to use the scheduled back-up for my windows 7 laptop with no issues. I have been able to successfully create the system image in Windows 10 with no issues. The same with File History, no issue running it on Windows 10. But in Windows 10, Control Panel’s scheduled...
  8. desktop control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop control panel: I always liked the Control Panel on the desktop. With windows 10 we are denied that privilege. I found an easy way of putting it back where windows 7 had it. Go to the task bar and click on the ">>" Then look for control panel . Click on it and then click on do you want the...
  9. Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel custom res causes 10-bit colour to revert back!: I have an issue and it is exclusive since the Windows 10 upgrade. I never ever had this problem in Windows 8.1 in the 4 years that I've used my 4K monitor. Basically I am able to select 10-bit colour mode for my Samsung U28E590 4K monitor. It is a 10-bit display panel with...
  10. Control Panel versus System Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel versus System Settings: Hello, Increasingly I have noticed this sort of ambiguity in Windows 10 where there are settings in the "control panel" that are also controlled through settings in the "system settings." Latest example, is the "Manage Sound Devices" under system settings->Sound where you...