Windows 10: "System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ.

Discus and support "System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there . I have HP Omen - 15-ce021nu and just realized , that system process always "eating" 15-20 % of CPU (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VALOR228, Jul 11, 2018.

1. VALOR228 Win User

"System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ.

Hey there . I have HP Omen - 15-ce021nu and just realized , that system process always "eating" 15-20 % of CPU ( https://gyazo.com/238a957de8e57932d37f20bbb3a22b5f ). I have no idea what it depends on =( . I have licensed win 10 pro 64 bit , and after i noticed it , i reinstalled win 10 for few times , but the problem has not gone ! It even appears on totally clean win 10 ( on the 1st launch after reinstalling already exists) . I installed all available updates from HP Support Assistant , installed latest official bios , win 10 also have all lates updates nad nothing helps , it still taking 15-20 % of CPU always ! No viruses or something like this , because the system was fully reinstalled for few times ! Help to solve my problem please , bucause i don't know what to do else. Thanks in advance.

I asked my friends , googled , spoke with a compter masters , looked on my previous lenovo laptop also with official win 10 and all they say that regular usage of system process is not higher than few % , but not 15-20% on i7 7700 HQ ! Something is wrong for sure and i don't know what . After i restart my laptop system process using 1-2-3 % of CPU as it should be , but not for a long time . After 1 or few minutes it rapidly increase CPU usage up to 15-20% (but when i lucky it stays on low CPU usage untill i turn it off , it was just for few times) . Because of this the laptop heats up , coolers are always working on , working time from battery is low , because CPU is always under the pressure , ... I do not feel any slow perfomance issues , but the situation is not normal for sure . Help me to solve the problem , please . I'm facing some inconvenience in usage because of this .

:)

VALOR228, Jul 11, 2018
  2. erenesto Win User

ACPI.sys always using the CPU like 15% - 20%

Hello,

• Are you using a particular program when you encounter the issue?
    - No, i saw it on Task manager. It's System. Always using 15% - 20% CPU. I just look with LatencyMon and Process Explorer. You can see on screenshots.

"System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ. 237f3b4a-690d-49bf-bbf7-2c9f328d9ae9.jpg

"System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ. 5ce1ee67-db98-416b-9b82-b47bf0bf641c.jpg

"System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ. 22cee142-4b67-4719-97f2-3c989685e618.jpg

• Did you try to check your task manager and view what was the program that have high usage for your CPU?

-Yes, It's System.
    • When did the issue first occur?

-I realized last week. I formatted harddrive and i installed Windows 10 again. But the issue still same.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

-I updated every drivers and i disable runtime broker.
    • Does the issue also occur when you start the computer in safe mode?

-Yes.

I found
    this article
    on here about Windows performance recorder and i applied that steps. I added my .etl file in my first message as you can see.

I'm waiting your helps.

Thanks.

erenesto, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Jul 11, 2018
  4. "System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ.

System Idle Process CPU Allocation?

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent advisor and a Microsoft MVP here to help.

System Idle Process, as the name suggests is a process that indicates CPU is idle and is not being used, aka is at rest. This is done to totalize CPU usage to 100 between the processes.

So you do not have to worry about anything.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

"System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ.

1. "System" process using 15-20% of CPU 7700 HQ. - Similar Threads - System process using

2. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  3. system process using CPU 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system process using CPU 100%: while the laptop is working perfectly fine, suddenly system starts to lag and when open task manager there is a process named system hogging all the cpu and al 8cores, 16 LP are running at 100% utilization and their is no end to it, had to force restart my laptop....
  4. "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop...: "System" process is constantly using 20 percent CPU with very high power usage when laptop is idle, is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-is-constantly-using-20-percent-cpu/91c0bebd-51f2-4b24-9dfc-e2ec83aa3f8f
  5. System process hogging 20% of CPU

System process hogging 20% of CPU: Why does the System process suck up around 20% of the CPU all the time? Is it because of HP bloatware? [ATTACH] My PC info can you see this screenshot?: [ATTACH]...
  6. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The `System` process uses a lot of CPU: Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc normally and started installing the Drivers. I also updated my graphics card from GeForce Experience. But after a while, I opened...
  7. System process always uses 30% CPU.

System process always uses 30% CPU.: Hello All, For some reason the CPU usage by System process is always at 30%. It never goes down, Even if I reboot the system the usage will stay normal some time and then the system Process will start using the CPU at 30% again. My laptop Model is HP OMEN CE073TX OS -...
  8. System using 20% cpu

System using 20% cpu: Hello! My CPU is used aprox 10-15% everytime by acpi.sys + 0x42f50 All drivers are upated, bios update, scanned with malwarebytes. [ATTACH] Can somneone help me ? Best Regards, Andrei...
  9. Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is this normal? System and compressed memory process ALWAYS at 20% cpu: I recently did a clean install of win10 on my laptop. Ever since then the process called "System memory and compressed memory" has been running at around 15-25% cpu load constantly. It never stops, even when letting the computer idle for hours. The laptop has a particularly...
  10. Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why System & Compressed Memory is using 20% cpu ?: I noticed the C P U fan spinning @ 5950 rpm and decided to consult the task manager. The System & Compressed Memory is using 20% of the cpu. Why ? Thank you. 59085

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi.sys cpu usage in hp omen

2. why is windows system process using 15% of my gpu

3. windows 10 system is using a lot of cpu like 20%

4. windows explorer using 20% cpu,
  5. windows 10 system using 20% cpu