Windows 10: System protection always turns on by itself.

Discus and support System protection always turns on by itself. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I turn if off, it is turned on after several days. How to keep it disabled?*cry 112861 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ztartennery, Jun 24, 2018.

1. System protection always turns on by itself.

Whenever I turn if off, it is turned on after several days. How to keep it disabled?*cry

:)

ztartennery, Jun 24, 2018

2. Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi,

The problem always happens after the device is updated to Windows 10. The Turn on system protection is greyed out while you are able to access the System Restore panel. If you find that system restore for the Windows drive is turned off and disable, try
    any of the possible solution.

Note: Make sure you have signed in as an administrator.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Enable System Restore.

Enabling the Disabled System Restore:

• Type GPEDIT.MSC in your Start Search box. This will list the app which allows to edit group policies.

• Now follow this path Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> System Restore.

• Look for a setting which says “Turn Off System Restore”. This is not configured by default.

• Double click it and select “Disabled”

• Click OK.

Hope this information helps. Get back to us with the status of your issue we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know in which drive the Anti-virus program is installed?

I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus program and check if you are able to enable the system protection. This is to check if the anti-virus is conflicting with the issue.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

You can also try the below steps to enable the system protection and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

• Click on System and click System protection on the left pane.

• Highlight the drive you want to set up system protection on and click Configure.

• Select Turn on system protection.

• Move the slider to set the amount of Max Usage: space. More space allows you to create more restore points.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Nikilet Win User

System protection always turns on by itself.

System Protection in April update

I notice in the System Properties/System Protection it lists "System" under available drives and system protection is turned off for this. (It's turned on for my C drive.)

Should system protection also be turned on for System?

Nikilet, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

System protection always turns on by itself.

1. System protection always turns on by itself. - Similar Threads - System protection always

2. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on turn on System Protection: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, I could not action Windows Restore so I did a Reset on my PC, I am trying to turn on System Protection so I can do a Restore Point but it is grayed out & I can not turn it on, can someone please tell me how to turn it on. I can not access...
  3. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on turn on System Protection: I am running Windows 10 Home Edition, I could not action Windows Restore so I did a Reset on my PC, I am trying to turn on System Protection so I can do a Restore Point but it is grayed out & I can not turn it on, can someone please tell me how to turn it on. I can not access...
  4. How to turn on turn on System Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Turn on System Protection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn on System Protection is greyed out: I need to enable System Protection to create Restore Point but its greyed out. I am running windows 10 Home and have copied the specifics below. Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎30/‎2021 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. 'Virus and threat protection' turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Virus and threat protection' turns itself off: Hi, I have Windows 10 pro. Today, 'Virus and threat protection' turned off by itself. Restarting it from the Windows Security window didn't work; the restart button didn't give any feedback and after a while threw some error which I don't remember the wording off. So I...
  7. Virus and Threat Protection turned off by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat Protection turned off by itself: System info: Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.720 Real-time antivirus: Avira Free Antivirus On-demand scanner: Malwarebytes Free Hello everybody, Apologies for the long post, I just want to make sure I get all the details out A couple of days ago the...
  8. Settings > System turns off by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings > System turns off by itself: When I select my Settings > System. The page turns off after about 30 seconds which is very frustrating. Can this be easily rectified? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-system-turns-off-by-itself/30821cd2-71ab-4ead-83a9-932e25ca4c8b
  9. System protection always turns on

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System protection always turns on: Whenever I turn if off, it is turned on after several days, and the mac usage will become 100%. I am running low of SSD storage. How to keep it disabled?*cry 112861
  10. System Protection Turned Off

in Windows 10 Support
    System Protection Turned Off: After the upgrade from 8.1 pro to 10, i noticed system protection was turned off. I went ahead and turned it back on and moved the slider back to ten percent. Any reason why the upgrade turned it off? Any reason not to turn it on? Thanks, Mike 9926

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore always turns on

2. system protection always turning on when playing games fix