Windows 10: System Protection greyed out

Discus and support System Protection greyed out in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] I tried > Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\>reg delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bjm, May 31, 2018.

1. BJM
    bjm Win User

System Protection greyed out

System Protection greyed out [​IMG]

I tried >
    and
    :)

2. BJM
    bjm Win User

Yes, I didn't know tool accuracy nor significance of Current Pending Sector Count 100 100.

3. BJM
    bjm Win User

4. System Protection greyed out

Windows10 System Protection Cannot Be Turned On

Hi,

The problem always happens after the device is updated to Windows 10. The Turn on system protection is greyed out while you are able to access the System Restore panel. If you find that system restore for the Windows drive is turned off and disable, try
    any of the possible solution.

Note: Make sure you have signed in as an administrator.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Enable System Restore.

Enabling the Disabled System Restore:

• Type GPEDIT.MSC in your Start Search box. This will list the app which allows to edit group policies.

• Now follow this path Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> System Restore.

• Look for a setting which says “Turn Off System Restore”. This is not configured by default.

• Double click it and select “Disabled”

• Click OK.

Hope this information helps. Get back to us with the status of your issue we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. System Protection greyed out - Similar Threads - System Protection greyed

2. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  3. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  4. Virus & Threat Protection Settings Greyed out options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & Threat Protection Settings Greyed out options: Can someone please help me to fix my issue as I couldn't enable my virus & threat protection greyed out settings. Please find the screen-print attached. Thank you so much in advance !!...
  5. System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore - 'Turn on System Restore' is Greyed Out: Hi folks, a couple of wierd problems... First, pc is not going to sleep when button pressed. It was doing so until the last couple of days which prompted me to run sfc/ scannow. Sfc found some file corruptions and repaired them. This didn't fix the issue however. So, I...
  6. Turn on System Protection is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn on System Protection is greyed out: I need to enable System Protection to create Restore Point but its greyed out. I am running windows 10 Home and have copied the specifics below. Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎30/‎2021 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock box at System Settings is greyed out: Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option. I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock...
  8. System Partition 'Properties' greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Partition 'Properties' greyed out: My System Partition is full (68MB/68MB). I was planning to follow the directions that Microsoft provides to clear it, but the very first step of clicking on Properties isn't possible, because it's greyed out. The only option available is "Help". How do I get around this...
  9. Build 1903 - System Restore option greyed-out / System protection off after feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 1903 - System Restore option greyed-out / System protection off after feature update: I'm a technician from a local MSP serving hundreds of different customers and I've recently found that many of the workstations don't have system protection on after they update to 1903. I first found out about this recently when I was running a feature update on one...
  10. System icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons greyed out: My system icons icons are greyed out, like Volume and Power, so I can not enable them. After setup they work just fine, then they disappear. It is either caused by my settings or: I wonder, when custom power and sound card drivers gets installed, they get lost? *Huh SFC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. greyed out system protection windows 10

2. defender real time protection greyed out recover

3. system protection is greyed out in windows 10

4. reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore /v DisableSR /f