Windows 10: System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ?

Discus and support System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Maybe someone knows where the System Restore files are stored on Windows 10 ? If so, please tell us or please post any info about subject. Thanks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by acmanten, Sep 2, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ?

Maybe someone knows where the System Restore files are stored on Windows 10 ? If so, please tell us or please post any info about subject. Thanks for your time...., Cliff M.

:)

acmanten, Sep 2, 2015
  2. illinjah Win User

N97 ringtones - where are they stored??

Have you tried adding them as if they were a song through Nokia Music for example?

In what format are the files by the way?

Hope this helped! System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ? :)

Message Edited by on 10-Aug-2009 07:38 PM

illinjah, Sep 2, 2015
  3. post007 Win User
    N97 ringtones - where are they stored??

Save your choicest ringtone to phone memory or memory card's Sound -> Digital sounds folder. Now go to music and refresh your music library. When library refreshed and your choicest ringtone shows in your music library then it will show in profile's ringtone
    menu too.

post007, Sep 2, 2015
  4. fredc Win User

Click settings and the update and security tab , click recovery and that will take you to system restore and other options.

Oh , you want to know where they are stored , dang it man , that i couldn't tell you , sorry my friend.

I know very little

fredc, Sep 2, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    System Restore files are stored in the "System Volume Information" folder of each drive. By default this folder is hidden, and for good reason. By default the contents are not viewable by even an elevated admin account and as a result Windows Explorer will show zero as the size. Do not attempt to modify the contents in any way or system restore may be come corrupt and unusable. This is for experts who really understand what they are doing. The same applies to the Windows folder and all of it's sub folders.

LMiller7, Sep 2, 2015
  6. acmanten Win User
    Thanks for your answer and from 'fredc' - I was just wondering where but because I have already done several updates of the system-restore, and also have deleted all of them once, then started again. I am a firm believer in leaving as-is much of the stuff and files that we do not need to access. I am reading a lot of info and many of the tutorial files for background info on Windows 10. Thanks so much. Cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 2, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    If you are curious you can see them with TreeSize Free or a similar application. If you want to reduce the amount of space they are using you can remove old ones but only by adjusting the assigned space under System Properties - don't just delete them manually.

System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ? [​IMG]

lx07, Sep 2, 2015
  8. acmanten Win User

Halasz:

Well, thanks so much for all the info you have sent to me. I like it, and have already downloaded from JAM their TreeSizeFree program, and have it functional on my win 10 system here. I really like the way that JAM Software (in Germany) has presented the data.

Yesterday I used the software program Macrium to CLONE my win10 on Drive C: here to another HHD that I have. That CLONED drive was found as Drive H: -- so below is what TreeSizeFree found on each of them a few minutes ago.

I am really excited about using and learning about the new Windows 10 and some of the things it does.

I hope all this makes sense to you, as I did appreciate your reply and info to me.

Below are the drives info I have mentioned.
    Attachment 35949

Attachment 35950

I hope this email reply, and size of data sent is OK with Ten Forums as I have not seen any size restrictions yet for users email data. Please send me a note anytime. Maybe someone else will like the programTreeSizeFree program also... Any comments from user or readers are appreciated.
    We are all working and learning to have our personal computers show us good data.
    All be safe.. best to all.. Cliff M.

acmanten, Sep 5, 2015
  9. pigpenz Win User
    was looking for this answer thanks

pigpenz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System Protection - Restore files. Where are they stored in Win 10 ? - Similar Threads - System Protection Restore

2. System Protection and Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Protection and Restore: I recently found out that my Windows 10 pc C drive is full. When navigated found out that system restore has reserved a massive 80GB of my C drive. Then I navigated to settings and reduced that space to 20GB max. I found out that my C drive does not have system protection...
  3. Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Where are System Restore Points stored? How to view Restore Points in Windows 10?: System Restore Points contains the necessary information needed to restore your system to the chosen state. Restore points are automatically generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and generated when you create a restore point manually. In this post,...
  4. WHERE IS THE WIN 10 SETUP FILES BE STORED?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHERE IS THE WIN 10 SETUP FILES BE STORED?: I need those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-win-10-setup-files-be-stored/5fcffad3-df57-43fc-858f-4f087ae65e04
  5. System Restore [Win 10]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore [Win 10]: So every couple of days my computer decides to freeze on startup. I'm then forced to restore windows to a previous point. I run chkdsk and sfc /scannow, and they never turn up anything wrong. Is there anything else I can run to check for what is wrong...
  6. System Restore Protection

System Restore Protection: In Windows 10, what is the average amount of disk space that should be set aside to hang onto 4 or 5 Restore Points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-protection/06fec657-f94a-4afe-8846-ab29901ed117
  7. WIN 10 System Restore

WIN 10 System Restore: I am getting the alert telling me to update Windows 10. Just to be cautious I went in to do a system restore point. 1: It tells me I have allocated 10 percent of my drive to be available for restore points. It states that have 5 restore points but also states zero bytes...
  8. Protect system restore files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Protect system restore files: After Microsoft's latest forced update, 1903, I discovered that all my previous system restore files had been wiped out. Is there any way of hiding, or protecting, or backing up system restore files? 136886
  9. System Protection - Restore "drive"

System Protection - Restore "drive": I was, possibly foolishly, going through the system protection settings today and notice that the Restore drive had protection off. I went into the configure settings and enabled it. Noticing that the drive size was at 5.45 Gig with a max set at 20.1 Gig. After hitting...
  10. How to restore System Restore and where to get the CAB files for it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to restore System Restore and where to get the CAB files for it?: This may not be the best forum section for this question and I don't mind it being moved to the more appropriate section.. as long as that section is alive and has people posting! I never use System Restore as I find it ineffective and so I use other methods to backup...