Windows 10: System randomly restarts while PC being used

Discus and support System randomly restarts while PC being used in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The error messages shown in the system event viewer is as follows: 1) The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (PC-DESK) has initiated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daman16, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Daman16 Win User

System randomly restarts while PC being used

The error messages shown in the system event viewer is as follows:
    1) The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (PC-DESK) has initiated the restart of computer PC-DESK on behalf of user PC-DESK\PC Desk for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
    Reason Code: 0x0
    Shutdown Type: restart
    Comment:

2) Process C:\Windows\System32\atieclxx.exe (process ID:1724) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
    and APPID
    {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

3) The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load:
    dam

4) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

5) The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
    and APPID
    {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

:)

Daman16, Sep 30, 2016

2. windows defender

Did this happen when you first started the PC and logged into Windows or randomly while using the computer? If the former, it was probably a resource issue meaning that Defender was not able to get started right away due to many other programs/processes
    starting with Windows. If it happened randomly, it may have been due to an update to the definitions being applied. Sometimes the definition update needs to shut down and restart Defender to apply.

-steve

Stephen Boots, Sep 30, 2016
  3. BCUnbrokn Win User
    PC Running into blue screen error

My PC has windows 10 and randomly (while being used) reports that it has run into a problem and will restart. I have trouble shot it and this is the second dell inspirion I have got with this problem. The only way I work around it is when I use my PC
    with Ethernet. It does not go to the blue error screen while in Ethernet. I am wondering how I can trouble shoot this or fix it, I have tried doing a complete reboot.

BCUnbrokn, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Daman16 Win User
    I have attached the DM Log which was requested on the post above for the BSOD help and support.

Daman16, Oct 14, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks, but unfortunately there are no dumps in the zip file so not much I can do to help.

How often does this occur?
    Do you ever get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)?
    Try doing a Clean Boot, see if that resolves the problem. If yes then follow the directions in the Clean Boot tutorial to determine the cause of the problem.

See here: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ztruker, Oct 16, 2016
  7. Daman16 Win User
    Sometimes it happens a lot, sometimes once every 2 hours, on average 5 times a day. Also sometimes it doesn't happen for a whole day. I do not get a blue screen of death, it usually just restarts out of no where.

Daman16, Oct 22, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Try the Clean Boot I mentioned. See if that gives a clue.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System randomly restarts while PC being used - Similar Threads - System randomly restarts

2. pc restarts randomly while simple tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc restarts randomly while simple tasks: my pc is randomly restarting while doing simple tasks like web browsing my system event viewer file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amt64jFJmKFMjgMjppI6hy4dEmXm?e=ktIGCj...
  3. pc restarts randomly while simple tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc restarts randomly while simple tasks: my pc is randomly restarting while doing simple tasks like web browsing my system event viewer file : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amt64jFJmKFMjgMjppI6hy4dEmXm?e=ktIGCj...
  4. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  5. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  6. PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames: Hello, this has happened a few times now. My PC will just crash over a couple of seconds and completely restart, no BSOD, no visible errors either. I went ahead and followed a driver verifier guide as I believe it was a driver causing the problem and have the .dmp file as...
  7. PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames

PC Randomly Restarting while playing videogames: Hello, this has happened a few times now. My PC will just crash over a couple of seconds and completely restart, no BSOD, no visible errors either. I went ahead and followed a driver verifier guide as I believe it was a driver causing the problem and have the .dmp file as...
  8. System Restart automatically while using

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restart automatically while using: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  9. System Restart automatically while using

System Restart automatically while using: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  10. System Random Restart While playing Media.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Random Restart While playing Media.: Hi guys I need some help, Whenever I watch any movie, My pc would just get stuck after a few minutes , And it keeps making buzzing noise Until I turn it off, So when I press power button when it gets stuck it would turn off immediately. It happens in every video player. I've...