Windows 10: System Reserved?

Discus and support System Reserved? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Have been trying to find out, in Disc management why I have one HDD showing it System Reserved. I think it was my old system drive and may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alan Whitaker, Oct 27, 2015.

1. System Reserved?

Hi All
    Have been trying to find out, in Disc management why I have one HDD showing it System Reserved. I think it was my old system drive and may have had Win 7 on.
    Many Thanks for any help

Alan

System Reserved? [​IMG]

:)

Alan Whitaker, Oct 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 destroyed my laptop

When I installed Windows 10 for the first time it was working fine for at least 3 days. Then that's when everything went wrong. My Start menu wouldn't open and my speakers kept making static sounds. So I went on Microsoft forums for a solution to get back
    my start menu. What they told me was to use powershell and type this command

When I typed in the command I saw yellow letters and red letters. When it was done I couldn't open my App store. That's when I decided I was going to roll back to Windows 8.1.

When I was back in Windows 8.1 I had a lot of problems. Media player wasn't working and the apps that I downloaded from the app store would close after I opened them. I could only open the app store, but I couldn't play any games from the app store. I did
    SFC/ scannow and it found some corrupted files. So then I typed another command in CMD

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After that I ran SFC /scannow again and it said it didn't find any corrupted files. I restarted my computer and then tried opening Media player and app store games, but they wouldn't open.

What should I do? Is my laptop stuck like this forever?

System Fail, Oct 27, 2015
  3. cannot dislpay this video mode

hi. i am using win 10 pro. one thing i installed driver for my vga Nvidia fx 5200 and after that it showed cannot display this video mode. now i have to go to low res mode every time i want to use my pc.because normally it gives me the same messsage after
    win 10 logo.

tried safemode changing res there and coming back. still the same. i cannot start my pc normally.

second, i installed updates and restarted , now i click settings, xbox, store, edge, or any built in app or servce. it opens but busy mouse sign is there and cant click anywhere. i went to safemode things open and working. i am tired of Win 10 need help.

Ali System, Oct 27, 2015
  4. genet Win User

System Reserved?

System Reserved? [​IMG]

System partition and boot partition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to fix this, and you know what you are doing.

Step One:

Delete the System Reserved partition. edit: In this case, wipe the entire disk.

- Boot the computer using the Windows 7/8/10 installation media.
    - On the first screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
    - Run the following commands at the command prompt.

diskpart
    list disk (this will give you a listing of the disks on your system)
    select disk # (select the disk you want to clean)
    clean (running the clean command will delete all partitions on the disk)
    exit

Step Two:

How to fix the Windows 7/8/10 bootloader if the hard drive has an MBR partition table. -> link

genet, Oct 27, 2015
  5. When I loaded win 10, I only had the 250Gb ssd drive connected, if I leave it as it is, I loose a full 500Gb drive?

Alan

Alan Whitaker, Oct 27, 2015
  6. genet Win User
    Step Three:

- Open the Disk Management utility.

System Reserved? [​IMG]

System Reserved? [​IMG]

genet, Oct 27, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    It looks like that system reserved partition on the last disk is where the BCD store is located, because it is marked active. What I would do is shrink the partition to 350mb then create your data storage partition after it to use the rest of the space.

NavyLCDR, Oct 27, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

System Reserved?

From your screen shot. If you disconnect disk 4 from the PC, you will not be able to boot up Windows. Here's how you can fix this problem.
    Download : EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies
    Install then run and follow the screen shot below:

System Reserved? [​IMG]

Temporarily disconnect disk 4 then try to boot again. If it's working, connect disk 4 back and from Admin command prompt:
    • diskpart
    • select disk 4
    • clean
    • exit
    Now open disk management, create simple and format it. You'll have the whole disk for data.
    Hope this helps !!!

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System Reserved?

1. System Reserved? - Similar Threads - System Reserved

2. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  3. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  4. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do i make a reserved system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  6. How do i make a reserved system partition

How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  7. How do i make a reserved system partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  9. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

"We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  10. the operation system System & Reserved take the storage so much on Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the operation system System & Reserved take the storage so much on Drive: Good day Microsoft How are you doing well, I have PC the windows operation system take so much storage on drive, that PC is using Windows 10, 22H2, I do not know why that pc take so much storage while others is not take so much storage as that pc. how much the operation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i have a drive showing as system reserved d: in win 10