Windows 10: System Restart

Discus and support System Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home Upon 'restart', system freezes part way through shutdown. If I use the "Slide" feature it will shut down ok. Have already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emeth, Nov 22, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

System Restart

Win 10 Home

Upon 'restart', system freezes part way through shutdown.

If I use the "Slide" feature it will shut down ok.

Have already tried sfc/scannow; found corrupt files but was unable to fix. Files don't appear to be critical.

:)

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  2. Karen Her Win User

System restart

Hi,

This issue could occur due to corrupted power plan settings or some startup items conflicting or restricting it to restart normally. We suggest you to run the
    Power troubleshooter, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and hit
      Enter.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All.
    • Choose Power from the list, and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend you to start the laptop in Safe Mode wherein it will start using a limited set of files and drivers. You can visit this article for instructions:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 22, 2015
  3. System restart

When i restart my lenovo laptop for any reason, it powers itself down, but will not power up again. Eventually after a few minutes, I have to hold down the power button and it then it powers up again.

David Williams_579, Nov 22, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

System Restart

Try running the DISM command to clean up component store corruption and then the SFC command again to fix the system files. Since you have problems with narrator also, using both tools will probably fix your problems. This is from the tutorial forum. DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums .

JohnC, Nov 22, 2015
  5. emeth Win User
    Thank you John

Can you give me the direct link to the win 10 home iso download location?

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Hi emeth, this is from the tutorial forum. it has two direct links to Microsoft depending on how you want to go. Right now both are for the RTM build 10240 If you haven't been upgraded to version 1511 yet either will work. . Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

JohnC, Nov 22, 2015
  7. emeth Win User
    Thank you John but I seem to be unable to find those links nor do I really know what to do from there?

Is there a simple step by step procedure for us old timers *Nerd

Thanks

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  8. JohnC Win User

System Restart

Use option one and click on the download button. The directions from there should be straight forward. Before you do that, try running the DISM command from an elevated command prompt. Option 5 in the DISM tutorial if it works it will be a bit faster.

System Restart [​IMG]

JohnC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System Restart

1. System Restart - Similar Threads - System Restart

2. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  3. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  4. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  5. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  6. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  8. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  9. Hi, my system got restarted for no reason and it gave a blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my system got restarted for no reason and it gave a blue screen.: with the stop code:; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what can be the cause of it?I am attaching the minidump here is the link: 041124-20093-01.dmp, please let me know, if anyone finds anything....
  10. Hi, my system got restarted for no reason and it gave a blue screen.

Hi, my system got restarted for no reason and it gave a blue screen.: with the stop code:; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL what can be the cause of it?I am attaching the minidump here is the link: 041124-20093-01.dmp, please let me know, if anyone finds anything....