Windows 10: System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

Discus and support System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GARoss, Dec 16, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the program no longer offers archive downloads for that program in particular. Today it occurred to me that I could do a System Restore to when the program was still on this laptop & all would be returned as it was.

The first 2 times I tried was a total fail for returning the program but when I went back to a week ago it was there; kinda. Something is missing & it errors asking for the old install software that doesn't exist anymore (the program was purchased it 2008). Is this normal or is there more that I need to do?

:)

GARoss, Dec 16, 2015

2. about system restore point

System restore returns the system to what it was at the time the system restore point was created. It does not remove data files. You should uninstall and reinstall your anti-virus software if you restore to an earlier date and time.

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Nokia Lumia 920 restore

TomBrad95,I have attempted several times to connect to link provided but get message 'Sorry, the page you requested is not available.' continually.

Does Microsoft not able to associate my cellular number with my Hotmail email address?

Restore-man, Dec 16, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

System Restore cannot be relied upon to reinstall programs, it is not a backup and restore program. Needed to backup this software before hand, as files will be most likely missing reasons for what you were told. How did you uninstall it through Windows Program and Features or a third party uninstaller ?

jds63, Dec 16, 2015
  5. GARoss Win User
    Bummer, uninstalled with Windows Program and Features. I seldom use this laptop so there has been little need to backup, although in this case, I wise I had.

Thanks, it was worth a try. The software, being dated, had issues with Win10 anyway. Time to update.

GARoss, Dec 16, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Maybe, not sure which software, but if you check the software manufacturer's site you will find out more. You live and learn. Backup,Backup always. YW

jds63, Dec 16, 2015
  7. I don't think you have a misunderstanding, because on paper System Restore is the greatest thing known to man. It'll make you breakfast, get you your first cup of joe. I kid, but you get the point.

In reality it is easily compromised, isn't well developed. When I straight up asked a Microsoft rep what was the best thing 'like System Restore' he mentioned this program called Rollback Rx. I don't know how many people on here use it but I've totally done away with WSR and instead rely on Rollback. No issues yet!

Sadly I think for your super cool program this isn't going to end well. Lesson learned: System Restore isn't your friend.

HanginJang, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software. - Similar Threads - System restore doesn't

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore doesn't work (0x8007045b)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore doesn't work (0x8007045b): Hello Tenforums-Community, I've recently started getting an issue with my Windows-10 Restore tool. It just fails with the description (translated) "The Original Copy of the Directory could not be extracted from the Restoration point. Source: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps...
  6. Restoring uninstalled Apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring uninstalled Apps.: My Apps were removed when I reset my PC. I have a list of them. How do I reinstall these Apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-uninstalled-apps/191490b0-5a33-4fcd-8c72-9b6d9b720c96
  7. system restore doesn't work

system restore doesn't work: hi guys, my system restore doesn't work. ive just spent almost 3 hours online with a Microsoft techie who advised that my Lenovo disc drive was not compatible with the latest critical update that came out last night from MS. we tried loads of stuff (well they did remotely)...
  8. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  9. System Restore won't restore

System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...
  10. Problem with downloading software and system restore not working...

Problem with downloading software and system restore not working...: Hi, I wonder if ahyone can help. My partner has a Windows 10 64 bit desktop computer All was working fine with computer etc until this morning when she downloaded some new photo editing software acdsee (ACDSee Photo Software - Photo Editing, Photo Management, Photo...