Windows 10: system restore doesn't work

Discus and support system restore doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys, my system restore doesn't work. ive just spent almost 3 hours online with a Microsoft techie who advised that my Lenovo disc drive was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paulwardell, Aug 3, 2018.

1. system restore doesn't work

hi guys,

my system restore doesn't work.

ive just spent almost 3 hours online with a Microsoft techie who advised that my Lenovo disc drive was not compatible with the latest critical update that came out last night from MS.

we tried loads of stuff (well they did remotely) and concluded that until Lenovo do their own update I cannot do the new MS one and needed to restore my older version of windows.....excellent......however now I have lost the tech guys because after doing the restore (which a pop up told me that it was unable to action the restore after it had rebooted) and am now in limbo..help please.

many thanks,

Paul

:)

paulwardell, Aug 3, 2018

2. Lost Mail app after performing System Restore on Windows 10.

Original Title: Lost mail app

I did a system restore as I had lost my start menu..the start menu returned but the mail app disappeared. the store says it is installed so I can, reinstall it. I can,t uninstall as I have no app.. any suggestions. it doesn,t appear in the list of apps.

shulakantor, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Aug 3, 2018
  4. CyrrusV Win User

system restore doesn't work

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

system restore doesn't work

1. system restore doesn't work - Similar Threads - system restore doesn't

2. System Restore not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore not working?: Most of my drives were deleted/disappeared for some reason. I've tried everything but nothing would work. So I just decided to System Restore, but the drives I want it to restore cannot be restored because it's deleted. And I want to bring it back by restoring it. Any help?...
  3. System Restore doesn't work (0x8007045b)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore doesn't work (0x8007045b): Hello Tenforums-Community, I've recently started getting an issue with my Windows-10 Restore tool. It just fails with the description (translated) "The Original Copy of the Directory could not be extracted from the Restoration point. Source: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps...
  4. System restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working: The problem is that I can make system restore points but they disappear from the wizard and system volume information>systemrestore folder almost immediately. I know this has been covered in many places over the years but none of those approaches works for me. I have...
  5. System restore is not working...

System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  6. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  7. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore not working: Got a problem with the "Create Restore Point" function, it just hangs up the computer and needs TM to shut it down. This is affecting my Anti-Virus software as well as a software removal program since they both try to create a Restore Point before proceeding. I just tried...
  8. System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.: Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the program no longer offers archive downloads for that program in particular. Today it occurred to me that I could do a System...
  9. System Restore not working

System Restore not working: I've tried system restore at couple of points. Every time it goes through it's thing and says "you system did change, file not found, most likely do to anti-virus software. I disable my Kaspersky and still the same thing. It gave an error # 0x8007005. If I need...
  10. System Restore Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Restore Not Working: Sys restore not restoring, can make a new restore point no problems but throws this message when attempting to restore. [img] Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 80065