Windows 10: System restore error - can't open SR never mind use it?

Discus and support System restore error - can't open SR never mind use it? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] Hi, so I'm seriously struggling with the above error on Windows 10 64. All bang up to date. It's what I get when I access the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by DannyG13, Jul 5, 2018.

1. DannyG13 Win User

System restore error - can't open SR never mind use it?

System restore error - can't open SR never mind use it? [​IMG]

Hi, so I'm seriously struggling with the above error on Windows 10 64. All bang up to date.

It's what I get when I access the system protection tab in system.

And before you ask, I've enabled the system volume and microsoft volume shadow services - no dice.

I've been getting some windows lock ups - and I am wondering if whatever is behind this error is behind those.

I've also tried the 'not configured' thing in groups configuration properties etc.

Nothing seems to make any difference. I did the DISM health check and sfc /scannow etc. Not a thing.

Any advice here?

:)

DannyG13, Jul 5, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    System Restore error

Hi Alex,

It is possible that the service of System Restore did not run right away. This can be the reason why you're seeing an error log in the Event Viewer. If you can use your computer smoothly and if you can run System Restore without any issues, it means that
    the error that you saw in the Event Viewer is already resolved.

If you're having an issue using System Restore, there may be an issue with the hard drive of your computer. This may also be the reason why you're encountering the error code 0x80070057 in Event Viewer. We suggest that you run the "check disk" command to
    check the hard drive of your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command window, type chkdsk /f, and then press
      Enter
    • Press the letter "Y" on your keyboard, and then press Enter.
    • Restart your computer start the "check disk" process.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

System Restore error

The "mstdc.log" file is a transaction log file of Windows operating systems. Since it is a log file, it should not affect the performance of your system. Also, the error that you're getting with that log file is not connected to the System Restore error
    code you're seeing in the Event Viewer. If you want to make sure that System Restore is functioning properly, you can also disable and re-enable it. Please take note that by disabling System Restore, you lose your restore points. To disable and re-enable System
    Restore, follow these steps:

• Access System Restore by searching using Cortana.
    • Click Configure.
    • Choose Disable system protection.
    • Click Apply, and the press OK.
    • Click Configure again.
    • Choose Turn on system protection.
    • Click Apply, and the press OK.
    • Click OK.

If you do not encounter any issues while doing the steps above, it means that System Restore is working properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System restore error - can't open SR never mind use it? - Similar Threads - System restore error

2. I can't use system restore for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use system restore for some reason: I get this message after system restartSystem Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's files and settings were not changed.Details:System Restore failed to extract the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\setup\logs from the restore point.An unspecified...
  3. I can't use system restore for some reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use system restore for some reason: I get this message after system restartSystem Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's files and settings were not changed.Details:System Restore failed to extract the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\setup\logs from the restore point.An unspecified...
  4. I can't use system restore for some reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. NEVER MIND

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEVER MIND: I DON'T USE GOOGLE CHROME EITHER ALL CAPS?? NOT YELLIN’…..JUST SIGHT CHALLENGED!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/never-mind/ed322ffa-cb1e-462d-a52b-0305fac96555
  6. Boot loop and I can't use system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot loop and I can't use system restore: I got stuck in a boot loop where windows says there was an error and trying to uninstall updates fails. When i try a system restore to a point before the boot loop started it says it failed while scanning drive E:\ with error 0x81000204 it recommended running chkdsk /R on...
  7. KB4556799 Not Installing :-/ ~ never mind!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4556799 Not Installing :-/ ~ never mind!: booted the machine today and it came up w/ the blue "completing installing updates" thing, finished ok. after doing some work i checked for updates and it was downloading a few - i haven't used this machine in a while. Updates showed KB890830 and KB4552931 as "Pending...
  8. never mind thats a file that i used for reseting my password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    never mind thats a file that i used for reseting my password: For some reason a file called Ultiman.exe in windows files has been classified as dangerous by my anti virus software , should i be concerned?I never touched any windows files until today....
  9. Restore System using restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  10. Never any System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Never any System Restore Points: Whenever I check there are NEVER any system restore points. I seem to have had this for years and years over many variants of windows. From what I read Windows should regularly save some. Of course when I desperately need one when I have a problem there is rarely one there....