Windows 10: System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

Discus and support System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, is there any 100% reliable solution for this problem I run into this morning? Error is occuring both from normal and safe mode. Thx in advance. 78661 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by boxikg, Mar 4, 2017.

1. boxikg Win User

System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

Hi, is there any 100% reliable solution for this problem I run into this morning? Error is occuring both from normal and safe mode. Thx in advance.

:)

boxikg, Mar 4, 2017

2. System Restore error 0x80070091

One of our laptops have this issue ever since the Anniversary update. Haven't tried yet on the new Creators update. Have you tried using it on the new update?

The best way to get attention is by posting this in the
    Feedback hub

There's a long thread about it on another forum with some solutions working for some people (but a lot of them are technical). If you are comfortable with the steps, might be worth taking a shot

->
    Windows 10: System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

->
    Windows 10: System restore Error 0x80070091

Yasshiel Zhang, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Can no longer get restore from any Restore Point on System Restore

I have failed to get System Restore to work. I get the following response each time I try:

SYSTEM RESTORE FAILED WHILE RESTORING THE DIRECTORY FROM THE RESTORE POINT

SOURCE: AppxStaging

DESTINATION: %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x80070091)

Any help please?

SuarauADEFAJO, Mar 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, would you care to read and join this long thread on exactly this topic?

(I happened to start it- after some weeks, I found it self-corrected- perhaps after an update).

We often recommend using disk imaging e.g. Macrium Reflect free as a more reliable and complete solution for restoring PCs, although I would agree that having System Restore can be more convenient, provided it both works and addresses the issue.

dalchina, Mar 4, 2017
  5. boxikg Win User
    Ok, it is a long thread but I will go over it. I took a look yesterday without finding a 100% solution. There is some cumulative update for Windows 10 in January which could cause this problem but some folks here wrote that update was not primary cause but something else. Anyway thank you very much.

boxikg, Mar 5, 2017
  6. boxikg Win User
    I tried Macrium Reflect software to create system restore point. As expected big disadvantage of third party tool like this is big image file. Furthermore I have to create restore point manually while Windows does it automatically before system change like installing updates, software, driver etc. Finally (I did not try) if I need more than one restore point just in case I would run out of disk space very quickly on partition where image file is located.

boxikg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091 - Similar Threads - System Restore fails

2. System Restore Failure 0x80070091

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Failure 0x80070091: Im stuck in BSODBlue Screen of Death with the error: page fault in nonpaged area error code: 47453581.SYS. I've done everything to try to fix this but nothing works. So i thought i'd give system restore a go. I have a restore point from 18hours ago, and when i try to use...
  3. 0x80070026 System Restore error regarding "AppxStaging"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80070026 System Restore error regarding "AppxStaging": Can somebody fix or at least shine some light on this very common problem? I was forced to do a clean install of Windows 10 three weeks ago because every attempt to fix this problem failed, System Restore would suddenly decide that it would no longer work and that it would...
  4. System Restore Failure AppxStaging 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Failure AppxStaging 0x80070005: Just after installing the 1803 Feature Update, I did some updates to VS2017 which went rather badly wrong (I'll post about that one in aonther thread). So I though "Simples: Just do a System Restore". Unfortunately I got: System Restore did not complete successfully...
  5. System restore Appxstaging %programfiles%\windowsapps (0x80070091error

System restore Appxstaging %programfiles%\windowsapps (0x80070091error: I accidently deleted my Dark Souls 3 save file. I've put much time into the game and I've been trying to get it back for a day now. File recovery programs didn't do the job. The windows system restore should do the job, But everytimeI try to restore it to a certain point of...
  6. An unspecified error occured during System Restore. (0x80070091)

An unspecified error occured during System Restore. (0x80070091): Trying to 'Restore' system and keep receiving 'An unspecified error occured during System Restore. (0x80070091)'. I've looked at all solutions I can find, and they are all so complex for this old brain. Is there a relatively simple solution to fix this? Thanks so much!...
  7. Is There an Easy Fix For System Restore Error 0x80070091?

Is There an Easy Fix For System Restore Error 0x80070091?: I am totally confused by all the complicated posts and links about the System restore Error 0x80070091 problem. I cannot understand the posted "fixes." Is there a straight-forward fix? Does anyone think Microsoft will fix it any time soon? Thanks, cb 78986
  8. System restore Error 0x80070091

System restore Error 0x80070091: Hi, I was trying to perform a restore to fix my favorites list menu and got this error. I ran chkdsk C: /f /r /x and Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Running WIN 10 Pro V 1607 Build 14393.693 I'm hoping somebody could help me...
  9. System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091: Hi, thought I'd check if System Restore was still functional and got System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point. Source:...
  10. System Restore Fails - Error 0x80070091 - Update KB3213986 Culprit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Restore Fails - Error 0x80070091 - Update KB3213986 Culprit: I recently tried to use Windows restore and it failed with the error message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer’s system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed while restoring the directory from the restore point....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. % program files % windowsapps appxstaging

2. errore appxstaging in windows 1803