Windows 10: System restore failure

Discus and support System restore failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What should the boot mode be for windows 10 on the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LanceHenne, Jul 31, 2018.

1. System restore failure

What should the boot mode be for windows 10 on the laptop

:)

LanceHenne, Jul 31, 2018

2. Failure to restore system using a system restore point

Hi Alpe,

There are several ways to perform a system restore, such as through Control Panel, using a recovery drive, or using an installation media. For us to add clarification, we would like to know the following:

• Why do you need to perform a system restore? Have you encountered any system failures?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when performing a system restore?

In the meantime, you can use this article as your reference in performing a system restore:

Recovery options in Windows 10
    . Click each drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    System restore failure windows 10

Hi Jack,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

System restore failure

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

System restore failure

1. System restore failure - Similar Threads - System restore failure

2. Windows 11 Pro System Restore Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro System Restore Failure: I'm afraid I'm going to be the umpteen person to report System Restore failures. Having tried every solution I could find, I figured I'd as to see if anyone has any other ideas short of a complete re-install. I wanted to confirm the functionality of System Restore on my new...
  3. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  4. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 System Restore Failure.: Hi,I'm trying to do a system restore from a system restore point on a failed boot from the Safe Boot Troubleshooting startup system.It runs for a while, finishes and then says it failed with error 0x80070780 and the message is saying the error is restoring...
  5. Win10 System Restore Failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Restore Failure 0x80070091

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Failure 0x80070091: Im stuck in BSODBlue Screen of Death with the error: page fault in nonpaged area error code: 47453581.SYS. I've done everything to try to fix this but nothing works. So i thought i'd give system restore a go. I have a restore point from 18hours ago, and when i try to use...
  7. System Restore failure

System Restore failure: I recently purchased a new HP Notebook and have noticed that if i create a system restore point m#it is only available for about 24 hours and then disappears, I'm have increased the available space for restore points but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Having used the...
  8. Windows 10 system restore failure

Windows 10 system restore failure: I accidentally deleted a big folder with a lot of my files in it and I am trying to restore to a point where it wasn't deleted which is last Saturday. But i get this error: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not...
  9. System Restore Failure AppxStaging 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Failure AppxStaging 0x80070005: Just after installing the 1803 Feature Update, I did some updates to VS2017 which went rather badly wrong (I'll post about that one in aonther thread). So I though "Simples: Just do a System Restore". Unfortunately I got: System Restore did not complete successfully...
  10. Failure to complete a system restore, system repair and system RESET.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failure to complete a system restore, system repair and system RESET.: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for anyone that helps. I am really troubled as I have been googling the hell out of this and trying many solutions with none of them working. 1) My pc first entered a loop when I tried to remove mcafee with their official remover....