Windows 10: System Restore is dysfunctional

Discus and support System Restore is dysfunctional in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I fix System Restore in Windows 10? My system has LOTS of available memory and only 4 previous system restore points, but now System Restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M Iris, Aug 22, 2018.

1. M Iris Win User

System Restore is dysfunctional

How can I fix System Restore in Windows 10? My system has LOTS of available memory and only 4 previous system restore points, but now System Restore can't complete even after creating a new restore point. System Restore always worked in Windows 8.1 which was installed on my new computer until I upgraded to Windows 10. Unfortunately now Microsoft does not allow my system "to be demoted" to Windows 8.1.

:)

M Iris, Aug 22, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. System Restore is dysfunctional - Similar Threads - System Restore dysfunctional

2. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  3. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  4. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dysfunctional laptop screen.: Hello - turned on my laptop today and suddenly this appeared! Any idea's what to do and what the problem is? The touch screen is working the whole way.For context, my wife did grab this part of the laptop screen directly fingers on the screen in the morning, but immediately...
  5. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dysfunctional laptop screen.: Hello - turned on my laptop today and suddenly this appeared! Any idea's what to do and what the problem is? The touch screen is working the whole way.For context, my wife did grab this part of the laptop screen directly fingers on the screen in the morning, but immediately...
  6. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Diagnosing Charging System Dysfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diagnosing Charging System Dysfunction: The charging system on Dell Latitude E5550 with Windows 10, version 1909, build 18363.1082 is doing something odd and I can't figure out where the problem is. I don't think it is a faulty charging port, as it runs without the battery. The battery is at 72% health and it does...
  8. Friend's Windows Laptop is dysfunctional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Friend's Windows Laptop is dysfunctional: Hey guys, I have a quick question. My friend has the exact same laptop as me, apart from the fact that I have a Ryzen 7 and he has an intel 7. Its worked perfectly fine until the beginning of April. The first incident was when it keeps bluescreening on startup, saying it is...
  9. Dysfunctional Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dysfunctional Mouse: My mouse has become over-sensitive - even with a light touch, it often double-clicks and cancels what I have tried to achieve, thus requiring several attempts. It often jumps around, especially in Excel, causing me to go back and cancel the unwanted operation. I pay for...
  10. Windows hello dysfunctional

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello dysfunctional: I have a windows hello capable device That is mobile It is a Samsung book too However Windows hello turns on and off as it pleases I don't know What to do about this it seems like everything is perfect for it to work however randomly it works for a log in or to irrelevant of...