Windows 10: System Restore issues.

Discus and support System Restore issues. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I had to do a SystRestore the other day. I don't know if it actually restored all of the things that I uninstalled that day, but based on Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BellaDonna, Feb 2, 2016.

1. System Restore issues.

I had to do a SystRestore the other day. I don't know if it actually restored all of the things that I uninstalled that day, but based on Device Maintenance (I got rid of all Windows apps), not all audio drivers that were previously listed are now listed. At least I have sound again.

I can deal with stuff like that.

What shocks me (yep, shocks) is that my Outlook Calendar, which is - obviously a document/.pst file - reverted back to data that was inserted earlier and so, is not current.

Anybody?

I have so many piddling little ANNOYING issues and errors that I don't have time for now. It also seems that the database here really needs some sweeping changes - like some dedicated Win 10 users with expertise that can answer many of the questions that are still unanswered. I know it's voluntary...

Thank you.

:)

BellaDonna, Feb 2, 2016
  2. Anne Ros Win User

System Restore Issue

If you purchased it and you have the digital license, then it should be detected by Windows automatically once you've install it. We suggest following the steps provided in my previous responses and see if it will work.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Feb 2, 2016
  3. System Restore Issue

Hi, I did indeed purchase Windows 8 Pro and have a product code for it. Therefore that should work when I reinstall Win 10?

Thanks for your assistance

Gerry Hendry

GerryHendry, Feb 2, 2016
  4. System Restore issues.

Windows System Restore restores system files, registry settings, and and programs. However you'll find with some corresponding files they may not be fully restored properly. It's safe to assume that the drivers and some of those Outlook files weren't included, or in the case of Outlook, may have been included but it might be giving the wrong information to Outlook.

The real 'jist' here is that Sys Restore isn't as thorough as it likes to tout. If you are wanting a full restore solution there's a few third party programs that do this like Shadow Defender and Rollback rx.

HanginJang, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Years ago, I developed a policy to use SysRestore as infrequently as possible, so either I never had previous experience with less than optimal results, or I forgot.
    I didn't want a full restore, which is why I used it. Thank you for the reassurance and recommendations.

BellaDonna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Restore issues.

1. System Restore issues. - Similar Threads - System Restore issues

2. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore issues: Hello,Prior to completing a system restore, the mouse would act on its own and would open browsers and would not allow me to close apps. A clear bubble would appear almost as if another person was controlling the laptop. It got so bad that I could not move the mouse or...
  3. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore issues: Hello,Prior to completing a system restore, the mouse would act on its own and would open browsers and would not allow me to close apps. A clear bubble would appear almost as if another person was controlling the laptop. It got so bad that I could not move the mouse or...
  4. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore issue: Win 10 Pro 20H2 I'll try to be brief. While trying to resolve an issue with Google Chrome I thought I may have caused and getting no where with my efforts to fix it I resorted to system restore, this solution has very rarely failed for me in all incarnations of Windows I've...
  6. System restore issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore issue: Hello, Yesterday I got a blue screen error ..i don't the error name. Today I performed system restore so that I can get back my system last state. Initially it showed me" please wait while your system files and settings are Being restored....system restore initializing...
  7. System Restore Password Issue

System Restore Password Issue: Hi Folks, I wonder if someone could shed some light on a System Restore problem I am having, when I try to a restore it goes to my username and asks for a password, I have tried putting in my MS account password and my Windows logon pin but get know joy. I have never setup a...
  8. System restore issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System restore issue: I had to performe a system restore but it failed and the laptop shut down but when it booted up again i was met with just a black screen and some times a cursor. Any help apreiciated i dont know what to do how to stary in safe moder or how to trigger the auto repair...
  9. System Image restore issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image restore issue.: Upon getting my computer back from repair, I tried to restore my system image. The ssd and HDD are still the same. But when I run the system image, I get a "inaccessible boot device" Stop code. I've discovered that the problem is, the system image is restoring the SSD...
  10. Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue

Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue: Hi All Lately been having minor system issues, know if I do restore my image, it's basically doing a clean install correct? only problem last time I restored the image, desktop wouldn't activate, as it somehow pickup my Windows 8.1 key in bios, and therefore setup Windows...