Windows 10: System Restore Point Configure - Max Usage Slider at the Left = 0 ?

Discus and support System Restore Point Configure - Max Usage Slider at the Left = 0 ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; New desktop computer - Windows 10 Home. In System Restore, Configure, the Max Usage slider is all the way to the left. What does that mean? The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by abredt, Dec 8, 2015.

1. abredt Win User

System Restore Point Configure - Max Usage Slider at the Left = 0 ?

New desktop computer - Windows 10 Home. In System Restore, Configure, the Max Usage slider is all the way to the left.
    What does that mean?

The hard drive is 1 TB, so I'm not concerned about how much it uses.

(On my old Windows 7 desktop, I moved the slider to the right and it now saves fewer restore points.)

Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Dec 8, 2015
  2. SKJTD Win User

Windows 10 - Restore Points are being deleted

Her is how I was able to increase the space used for Restore Points:

In-order to identify is this is the reason, I would suggest you to increase the disk usage and check if the issue persists.
    1. Press windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type sysdm.cpl and press
    enter

3. Click on "system protection" tab and click "configure"

4. Under Disk Space Usage, move the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System Restore points

5. Click "ok" and close the window.

Please let me know if this solves and or helps you.

SKJTD, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    My restore points are being deleted??!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

This issue can be caused if the maximum storage size limit is set to low

for your shadow storage.

To resolve this issue, adjust the maximum shadow storage allocation. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

1.Click Start, type System in the Search

box and then click System from the list under Control panel

2.Click System

protection in the task pane

3.Under Protection Settings click to select Local

Disk (CSystem Restore Point Configure - Max Usage Slider at the Left = 0 ? :) (System) and then click Configure

4.Under Disk Space Usage, move

the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System

Restore points

Note: If protection is turned on for additional drives you might consider

increasing the Max Usage for those drives as well.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 8, 2015
  5. abredt Win User
    How much space is used when the slider is all the way to the left? It doesn't say.
    cb

abredt, Dec 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Minimum is 320 MB, but it should give you a size. Does it show a size after restarting the computer?

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  7. abredt Win User
    It never shows a size when the slider is at the left.
    At 1% it says 9.17 GB and goes up in increments until at maximun it is 917 GB.

Interesting note - I checked the size of the C: drive before and after creating a restore point and it only took 0.2 GB. The only thing I have installed so far is Macrium free.
    cb

abredt, Dec 10, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You can also use the command below in an elevated command prompt to see the current used, allocated, and maximum sizes for each drive you have system protection turned on for.

vssadmin list shadowstorage

This will be the same as step 1 in OPTION TWO below to help. *Smile

System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  9. abredt Win User
    Big Trouble:

I changed the size and all prior restore points are gone. I did not click Delete all restore points.
    cb

abredt, Dec 10, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It shouldn't have unless you reduced the size below what was currently being used for that disk.

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  11. abredt Win User
    I'm pretty sure I only increased it - not reduced it. It also turned off System Protection. I definitely did not click that.
    I just ran a Macrium free image, so I'm not inclined to mess around with system restore configuration again.
    cb

cb

abredt, Dec 10, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System Restore Point Configure - Max Usage Slider at the Left = 0 ? - Similar Threads - System Restore Point

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  6. How to configure Daily System Restore Point in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to configure Daily System Restore Point in windows 10?: Hello, I deleted today (by error) a file in the office. We use Windows 10 in every PC. How should I configure a Daily Restore Point System in Windows 10, to be sure we can get back those deleted items please?. I will appreciate any help, thank you 135852
  7. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  8. System restore points

System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  9. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysdm.cp

2. Type Sysdm.cp