Windows 10: System Restore Point errors: 0x8007045b and 0x80070057

Discus and support System Restore Point errors: 0x8007045b and 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am very tired, afraid and angry. Today I was surfing with Edge and I encouter a web page with a loopy popup that want to make me win an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pipppero2007, Jun 2, 2017.

1. System Restore Point errors: 0x8007045b and 0x80070057

Hi,

I am very tired, afraid and angry.

Today I was surfing with Edge and I encouter a web page with a loopy popup that want to make me win an Apple iPhone.

Trying to closing that pop-op it will reopen again and my Edge starts with the opened tab so that pop-up will always start.

I know that probably I don't have any virus (I check also my host file, is clean), and I know that I have to lanch Edge without Internet so I should close that pop-up forever, but I am paranoid and I want to back to my latest Restore Point.

So I did it but... arrrrgh, damn Windows 10, when the system started again I had:

"Error: 0x8007045b - Cannot extract file from \WpSystem\S...\AppData\Local\ - Impossible to complete the restore point" (sorry for the bad translation).

So, I ran into Windows RE and try there with the Restore Point but:

"Error: 0x80070057 - Error during the analys of the unit etc."

Arrgh, I am agry, because it's the second time I have problem in Win10 with the Restore Point that NEVER gave me problem since the old XP.

I also tried to use OLDER restore points with the SAME RESULTS.

I am confused and afraid... maybe I can tollerate to use my OS without any restoring point, just cleaning that damn pop-up adware page and running a scan with Defender but... I will be able to make again working my System Restore???

So:

1) What I can try again to use and back my OS to my latest Restore Point

2) If It's impossible (aaargh!) after I cleaned and make sure my OS is clean what I must to to make my Restore Point Function to be fully working for the future???

Please help me, I totally am in your hands.

PS: I also tried to rename the folder "Packages" that is under "\Local" without any results :-(

:)

Pipppero2007, Jun 2, 2017

2. System restore not working in windows 10 version 1703

I have a problem with the system restore on windows 10, version 1703. Although I can create restore points, with no problems, when I try to restore then I get an error message that the restore did not complete with the code: 0x8007045b. The error message
    reads:

System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point.

Source: %Program Files %WindowsApps

Destination: AppxStaging

An unspecified error occured during Sysyem Restore. (0x8007045b)

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

bill_hughes, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    System Restore Not Working

Hello,

Error code 0x8007045b triggers when some files are encrypted and Windows is having trouble calling the system services. You can find the workaround for this error here on this
    article and more information about what is
    the cause of the error.

Note: Article is also applicable to Windows 10

Update us on how the troubleshooting went for you.

Ian Ser, Jun 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System Restore Point errors: 0x8007045b and 0x80070057

Hi, see
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-restore-point

The exact error message is significant to determine whether this is relevant or not.

Compare:
    System Restore
    An unexpected error occurred during System Restore. (0x8007045b)

(I simply searched for
    system restore 0x8007045b
    )

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  5. I am so unhappy, that procedure is the first thing I did and gave me the second kind of error i wrote in my post. :-(

6. dalchina New Member
    Could you post the exact full error messages you mentioned:
    "Error: 0x8007045b - Cannot extract file from \WpSystem\S...\AppData\Local\ - Impossible to complete the restore point" (sorry for the bad translation).

Error: 0x80070057 - Error during the analys of the unit etc.

However, it is possible that 'fixing' system restore may not be possible, based on previous cases.Your concern appears to be a fear of a possible virus.. but some pages do generate annoying popups.Simply considering system restore alone, I would be tempted to delete all restore points and turn it off, then enable it again, and see if it works.

Some here regard system restore as 'good when it works, but not to be relied upon' and rely on disk imaging (which everyone should use routinely anyway).

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  7. In fact, I gave up about using a Restore Point so I ordered my OS as is now, checked with Defender, everything seem to be fine, that adware was only a page that dind't make other damage to the OS, I think.

Said that, I MADE another Restore Point (today) and I try to back to it (for a test) but this time I got:

Error 0x80070091 related to the WindowsApps folder in C:

Once, I managed with success with this issue, I had to use the "takeown" and "icacls" commands, renamed that folder to ".OLD" and the had success. Also, in order to delete the .OLD folder I had to use "Winpese-x64" live cd.

Now I try to delete all restore points and reactivate it and check.

I am sure this issue is related to Windows 10 Windows Store Apps.

I am so angry with Windows 10... you said "Some here regard system restore as 'good when it works" but I am tiderd of that "good when it works" stuff!!!

I start to think that I will back to Windows 7 soon, without all this issues, no privacy problems, no blurry screen problems, no System Restore problems...

8. dalchina New Member

There is a very long thread (which I happened to start) with a fix for Error 0x80070091. After a few weeks- during which I did nothing to fix it- I found SR working again.

My Win 10 is very stable- lots and lots of progs installed- far more than most people have, no BSODs.

Point is with System Restore- it's a partial fix when it works which can be helpful. Note that MS leaves it disabled in Win 10- so I wonder why that is...?

Disk imaging is much more robust and complete.

There are a few things I detest- Win 10's rubbish start menu. I don't use it.

I have control over Windows updates by setting them to notify- so I download when I want to.

But I can understand some people finding Win 10 extremely frustrating- and MS's actions raise some worrying questions.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  9. I followed it once, and It worked very well but I lose time to use a live cd to delete the renamed WindowsApp.OLD folder.

Also, now I have TWO WindowsApps folders (C and D) so I am afraid the issue will be once for one and once for the other.

I am now deleting the system restore points (it's very slow it's many GB) and try to see what's happen. But I am sure that it will be Always an issue or another.

PS: IN FACT, after the delete of ALL old restore points, make a new RP, tried to back to it and... ALWAYS the latest ERROR (0x80070091).

So, I must live with it, that if I sometimes I Will need RP, I must hope that your method works (that once worked to me) and also that I won't get other EFS related issues.

Disk imaging is GOOD but need too much time!!! I use (in the past, now) RP before installing ANY software to be sure and imaging only once a month or more.

This issue is solved with the Creators Update?

10. dalchina New Member
    The 800700091 is reported as resolved in the Creator's Update.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  11. Please read this:

System Restore error 0x80070091 - Microsoft Community

"I have Creator's - it was installed with no option to delay given to me. In addition to having Bing, Edge and Defender forced on me I still have the System Restore problem."

12. dalchina New Member
    Obviously depends whose report you read...

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

Please read this:
    Win 10 System Restore Fail 0x80070091 - Microsoft Community

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    I had the System Restore failure in 1607 as detailed in Dalchina's thread. The problem was identified as the WindowsApps folder, and the 'Get Office' app in particular. I never applies any of the 'fixes', concerned that the 'cure' could introduce problems later on if/when Microsoft introduced a fix. For me and many others on that thread, the Creators Update fixed the problem.

I just tested it on my Dell Inspiron laptop that has 1703 installed with no modifications and it works without issues. System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091

Thema:

1. System Restore Point errors: 0x8007045b and 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - System Restore Point

2. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Restore Error 0x80070057: I have run into this error 0x80070057 while trying to recover my hard drive after a different blue screen error. The message is that the "parameter is incorrect" paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but the hex error code above is correct.Is there any way to get...
  3. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Restore Error 0x80070057: I have run into this error 0x80070057 while trying to recover my hard drive after a different blue screen error. The message is that the "parameter is incorrect" paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but the hex error code above is correct.Is there any way to get...
  4. Error 0x8007045b when trying to system restore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x8007045b when trying to system restore.: Any help? submitted by /u/koken_halliwell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivk9zc/error_0x8007045b_when_trying_to_system_restore/
  5. System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b: Windows 10 Home, build 18363. I have followed all instructions in the following thread, yet the problem persists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-fails-with-error-code-0x8007045b/b9c6a691-49e2-4a41-a965-e96cf882bd3c?page=3...
  6. System Restore gives error 0x8007045b!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore gives error 0x8007045b!: When I try to use System Restore, the process goes like normal, then the system restarts and it gives off error 0x8007045b. 155767
  7. Can't restore Windows 10 to restore point (error 0x8007045b)

Can't restore Windows 10 to restore point (error 0x8007045b): Hi, i recently had to uninstall Minecraft and I was unaware that it would remove my worlds and data. Luckily a restore point was made automatically 2 days before the incident. I attempted to restore but once it began it was stuck at "System Restore Is Initializing..." and it...
  8. System Restore Error "0x8007045b"

System Restore Error "0x8007045b": I tried to do a system restore but encountered an error: "0x8007045b". Is says system restore couldn't successfully do a restore point. What do you guys suggest? 130505
  9. System Restore Error 0x8007045b

System Restore Error 0x8007045b: Windows 10 Home, tried several times to system restore using methods from this question. [ATTACH] I used cipher /u /n/ h to check for encrypted files, found some from a game from the Microsoft Store which I uninstalled. Still cannot system restore. Tried restoring from RE...
  10. System Restore Failed - 0x8007045b

System Restore Failed - 0x8007045b: Hi I am trying to do a system restore and I am getting an error about failing to extract original copy of the directory from the restore point. Something about Appxstaging. [img] I found this Windows 10 Version 1607: System restore error 0x80070091 [Fix] | Borns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CEventSystem 0x8007045b

2. system restore error windows 10 fix 0x8007045b

3. CEventSystem and 0x8007045b