Windows 10: System restore points

Discus and support System restore points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by l b keeton, Jul 15, 2016.

1. System restore points

Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence.

:)

l b keeton, Jul 15, 2016

2. System Restore Points: No check points created.

Does windows 10 make restore points on it's own. Have had windows 10 installed for a few days and when I checked for restore points, there were none. I make my own at this time. Sorry it did make one when I installed Classic View. I installed windows updates
    today, no restore points were made before they were installed.

So what settings are we missing to get system or other restore points in windows 10., are is this another problem Microsoft forgot to fix.

Original title: System Restore Points.

camper1935, Jul 15, 2016
  3. System Restore Points: No check points created.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel
    • Search for Recovery, and then select Recovery.
    • Click on Configure System Restore.
    • Check if Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.
    To configure Restore point manually kindly refer to the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-system-restore-point

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 15, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

System restore points

Are you Insider ?

CountMike, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

System restore points

1. System restore points - Similar Threads - System restore points

2. System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Points: I have a Windows 10 laptop, I would like to copy a restore point to an external hard drive because if something goes wrong on restoring my computer back to that restore point, I want a copy of it. I found where it was located on my computer. However, it does not have it on my...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  7. System restore point

System restore point: The only restore points on Windows 10 for me restoring to: 1) 11/13/2019...…....Windows update (which caused my problem)......update 2) 11/07/2019...…...Restore operation...............................................................undue 3) 11/05/2019...…..Dell...
  8. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  9. System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...