Windows 10: System Restore Points

Discus and support System Restore Points in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to store manually created Restore Points on An external Drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by terry_940, Aug 11, 2018.

1. terry_940 Win User

System Restore Points

Is it possible to store manually created Restore Points on An external Drive?

:)

terry_940, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Ubtree Win User

Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

I have tried to precisely follow the instructions set out in System Restore Point : Create at System Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums, but the Task Scheduler / script is failing to create a restore point:
    • Running the script manually creates a Restore Point.
    • Task Scheduler appears to run the script, but no Restore Point results.

System Restore Points [​IMG]

(The Last Run Result code 0x41301 indicates "The task is already running".)

The Task Scheduler settings are as follows:

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to why the restore points are not being created.

Ubtree, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Aug 11, 2018
  4. System Restore Points

Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

System Restore Points

1. System Restore Points - Similar Threads - System Restore Points

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  6. System restore point

System restore point: The only restore points on Windows 10 for me restoring to: 1) 11/13/2019...…....Windows update (which caused my problem)......update 2) 11/07/2019...…...Restore operation...............................................................undue 3) 11/05/2019...…..Dell...
  7. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  8. System restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points: Suddenly all my system restore points disappeared. No restore points are being created by windows up dates Manual restore points are working ok since this occurence. 56422
  9. System Restore points

System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...