Windows 10: System Restore/Webcam

Discus and support System Restore/Webcam in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My webcam has always worked intermittently. When I boot one morning, it works, the next day, it doesn't. I got the error message: "It looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chisholm501, Aug 13, 2018.

1. System Restore/Webcam

My webcam has always worked intermittently. When I boot one morning, it works, the next day, it doesn't. I got the error message: "It looks like another app is using a camera." I took the advice of someone offering "4-Methods" and the 4th one worked. I restarted the computer and the webcam worked. I tried it several times within a couple of hours. I went away for an hour and the laptop went to Sleep. The webcam would not work, but there was no error message (just black screen). I tried uninstalling the drivers (that was Method #2) then I got the error message: "We can't find your camera."

I decided to do System Restore for a day prior to attempting the 4 Methods. It wasn't able to complete and suggested disabling antivirus. I only use Windows Defender, so I disabled it. It still was unable to complete.

I would like to complete System Restore. I would greatly appreciate the help.

:)

Chisholm501, Aug 13, 2018

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 13, 2018
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System Restore/Webcam

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

System Restore/Webcam

1. System Restore/Webcam - Similar Threads - System Restore Webcam

2. System integrated webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System integrated webcam: i have a ASUS TUF F17 laptop, my camera was not working properly, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, after I uninstalled and scanned for hardware changes, the driver didn't get install again, I tried restarting but it didn't help, I tried some third party websites to...
  3. System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore: I have lost system restore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/c39ebcc1-e429-445b-8260-c418b4e55924
  4. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  5. system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore: My system restore is greyed out. This is a home built computer. I have a SSD 5G as my C drive. Just noticed this, installed windows 10 student in January. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/cf9ca48a-a20a-4297-8ab1-35c54fb7f1e4
  6. system restore

system restore: Im doing a system restore and only rolling back about 9 hrs or so. But it's been stuck on initializing for a couple hrs. I dont remember it taking this long �� any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/0c293a02-97b8-44c2-ae70-3d6ad3da6af6
  7. System Restore

System Restore: System Restore only goes back 30 Days. Need to go further back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/b08a58db-0a13-4c6b-93e0-d2fc4ae33b34
  8. System Restore

System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  9. system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system restore: Hello I just did a system restore and cannot find my devices or drivers. How can I fix it? I also can't get my homescreen to a full screen. I have tried to do this by using the arrows to fill the screen. I do have a full screen on my screen saver. I'm not tech savy at all....
  10. System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore: Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft system restore webcam

2. restore webcam

3. webcam system restore

4. restore web cam,
  5. how to restore a webcam,
  6. microsoft system restore tool webcam,
  7. system restore for webcam,
  8. windows webcam restore,
  9. microsoft system restore windows 10 webcam,
  10. restore webcome