Windows 10: System Restore Will Not Accept Password

Discus and support System Restore Will Not Accept Password in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TexasBandit, May 5, 2017.

1. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to logon to Windows. I do not understand why it is not accepted by System Restore when the very same password allows me to logon to Windows. The version of Windows is version 1511 build 10586.873.

I am hesitant to go to the Creators Update with this problem.

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, May 5, 2017

2. Password not accepted after system restore

Hi,

Thank you for [posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you have ended up in this situation. I will be glad to assist you.

Refer the below link it might be helpful.

Link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/error-message-password-is-incorrect-unable-to/d2c1b7f7-0578-409e-b919-8481a076d527?auth=1

If its the same issue. I suggest you rest the Password of the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Refer this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 5, 2017
  3. Password not accepted after system restore

Recently I upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Once I used Microsoft account and for some reason I was told to use the local account again therefore I moved back to my local account (password). As windows 10 started to get unstable probably due to virus infections,
    I system restored through my administrator local account. After system restore I was rolled back to the stage of Microsoft account. I used the password for Microsoft account but it doesn't work then I tried my old password for local account, this one also
    doesn't work. I have also checked the keyboard layout. I have not forgotten my passwords as I have got a record of the passwords for both accounts. I have also got a user account with password setting that is working fine. I do not get permission to perform
    system restore, install any software through user account. Please help me to log into my administrator account.

Shekhar Dangol, May 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System Restore Will Not Accept Password

Hi, do you mean you have tried to start System Restore having booted from a boot disk? (rather than having logged in to Windows)? f so, do you recognise the user for which you receive a password prompt?

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Option 1

If you can log in to Windows, you could start System Restore from there, if you need to.

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Option 2

It also sounds as if Windows updates hasn't been working or has been turned off for a long time. Could you advise?

Thanks.

dalchina, May 5, 2017
  5. I did not enter the title correctly. This problem involves System Image Restore. I am marking this one solved and opening a new one with the correct title.

Thanks

TexasBandit, May 5, 2017
  6. I had same issue and finally discovered that I was logging in with a pin and now my password. When I signed in with password system restore accepted my password.

judykayand, Nov 17, 2017
  7. win10er Win User
    They would never use a pin for anything other than logging on, I don't even think all pins are unique.

win10er, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Restore Will Not Accept Password

1. System Restore Will Not Accept Password - Similar Threads - System Restore Accept

2. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?: Hi, first of all apologies for my English. My name is Alessandro. Unfortunately I have got a virus probably while surfing internet archive org and it went totally anarchical. Laptop is an HP IT Pavillion and is currently not usable.After trying to use Windows defender to...
  3. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?: Hi, first of all apologies for my English. My name is Alessandro. Unfortunately I have got a virus probably while surfing internet archive org and it went totally anarchical. Laptop is an HP IT Pavillion and is currently not usable.After trying to use Windows defender to...
  4. Why is System Restore not accepting my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  6. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  7. Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password: Hi, I updated my PC a month ago and have since not been able to get in. I boot up, and I get an error code/blue screen. I use automatic repair, and it doesn’t fix the issue. I get to the recovery screen to use system restore and I type the correct password in my account is...
  8. System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...

System Restore not accepting correct password - and a separate weird highlighting scrolling...: I am trying to do a system restore in the hopes of solving a separate issue. However, it requires my account password - I just use my microsoft account, not a local account, and never use it for anything else so I forgot the password as Windows 10 just requires a PIN. So, I...
  9. Blue screen after system restore + now not accepting Windows password

Blue screen after system restore + now not accepting Windows password: My wife's Windows 10 laptop today started up with all the icons and desktop shortcuts missing. Her files all appeared to still be in the correct location but it seemed odd. I checked for system restore points and there was one from yesterday so I said I would restore to this...
  10. System Restore Password

System Restore Password: I bought this laptop thru eBay. The seller got the password from the previous owner & gave it to me. I'm trying to do a system restore back to a previous point and it's asking for a password. I'm using this password he gave me & it says wrong password. What do I do now?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. syst5em restore will not accept my password

2. THE SYSTEM IS NOT ACCEPTING

3. password for system restore not working

4. System Restore Will Not Accept Password windows 10,
  5. system restore wont accept password