Windows 10: System Restore Will Not Accept Password

Discus and support System Restore Will Not Accept Password in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TexasBandit, May 5, 2017.

1. System Restore Will Not Accept Password

This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try a System Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use successfully to logon to Windows. I do not understand why it is not accepted by System Restore when the very same password allows me to logon to Windows. The version of Windows is version 1511 build 10586.873.

I am hesitant to go to the Creators Update with this problem.

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, May 5, 2017

2. Password not accepted after system restore

Hi,

Thank you for [posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you have ended up in this situation. I will be glad to assist you.

Refer the below link it might be helpful.

Link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-security/error-message-password-is-incorrect-unable-to/d2c1b7f7-0578-409e-b919-8481a076d527?auth=1

If its the same issue. I suggest you rest the Password of the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Refer this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 5, 2017
  3. Password not accepted after system restore

Recently I upgraded to windows 10 from 7. Once I used Microsoft account and for some reason I was told to use the local account again therefore I moved back to my local account (password). As windows 10 started to get unstable probably due to virus infections,
    I system restored through my administrator local account. After system restore I was rolled back to the stage of Microsoft account. I used the password for Microsoft account but it doesn't work then I tried my old password for local account, this one also
    doesn't work. I have also checked the keyboard layout. I have not forgotten my passwords as I have got a record of the passwords for both accounts. I have also got a user account with password setting that is working fine. I do not get permission to perform
    system restore, install any software through user account. Please help me to log into my administrator account.

Shekhar Dangol, May 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System Restore Will Not Accept Password

Hi, do you mean you have tried to start System Restore having booted from a boot disk? (rather than having logged in to Windows)? f so, do you recognise the user for which you receive a password prompt?

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Option 1

If you can log in to Windows, you could start System Restore from there, if you need to.

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Option 2

It also sounds as if Windows updates hasn't been working or has been turned off for a long time. Could you advise?

Thanks.

dalchina, May 5, 2017
  5. I did not enter the title correctly. This problem involves System Image Restore. I am marking this one solved and opening a new one with the correct title.

Thanks

TexasBandit, May 5, 2017
  6. I had same issue and finally discovered that I was logging in with a pin and now my password. When I signed in with password system restore accepted my password.

judykayand, Nov 17, 2017
  7. win10er Win User
    They would never use a pin for anything other than logging on, I don't even think all pins are unique.

win10er, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Restore Will Not Accept Password

1. System Restore Will Not Accept Password - Similar Threads - System Restore Accept

2. will not accept password in microsoft sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    will not accept password in microsoft sign in.: My husband had his computer repaired about a month ago. When it was returned it did not require a password to log in. After about a month the computer requested a password and it will not accept any of the passwords used in the past. How can he access his computer...
  3. Windows 10 - Not accepting password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Not accepting password: After switch off last night, turning on windows pc this morning everything was fine until I type in my password. Its the right password for the right account. Then met with "The user name or password is incorrect". Tried the second account on the laptop, exactly the same...…....
  4. wont accept password

in Windows 10 Customization
    wont accept password: wont accept password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-accept-password/af3d63d1-a6be-4f43-9a83-13efa7620b8e
  5. Password not accepted in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password not accepted in Safe mode: ***Modify title from: PC password error *** Hi Just restarted my computer on Safe Mode (trying to solve an internet connection problem) and my PC doesn't recognize my long time password. Can you help me? Thanks....
  6. System doesn’t accept my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System doesn’t accept my password: When I go to the set up the system takes my password but if I try to open Windows it doesn’t accept it saying that the password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-doesnt-accept-my-password/2008e5cb-942a-4f1d-a779-d67ac906e159
  7. Windows 10 is not accepting the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 is not accepting the password: Hi, There are two user accounts in Windows 10 Desktop Computer. Both are Microsoft outlook accounts. One is administrator and another is user. I can log in user account, abcd@outlook.com and I can browse Internet as well. But I am not able to log in administrator...
  8. User password not accepted after holiday

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User password not accepted after holiday: A friend recently returned from a 2 week holiday. His W10 desktop PC now rejects his password and will not let him in. He assures me that he had not changed the password. He has doubled checked that caps/num lock, etc, are not active. I believe him. He was coerced into...
  9. System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password: This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Image Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try to do a System Image Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use...
  10. PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wont boot, need to restore but password not accepted: Out of nowhere my pc stopped booting to windows, so im in advanced setup and i cannot reset my pc or system restore as it wont accept my password I went on another pc and reset my windows live email password, i tried that and went back to the pc and it still wont work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. System Restore Will Not Accept Password windows 10

2. system restore wont accept password