Windows 10: System restore will not complete

Discus and support System restore will not complete in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by icDavey, Jul 5, 2018.

1. icDavey Win User

System restore will not complete

I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because, it says, it is not finding a file that it needs. I had this problem once before and ended up just giving up on using system restore. I don't know why I can't find the DNS cache with Recuva but I can't. Can anybody bail me out?

:)

icDavey, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 5, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    System Restore did not complete successfully.

@Stevekir
    You might want to try:
    • Click on Start button (1). Hold down SHIFT KEY+Click On Power (2) then click on Restart(3)

System restore will not complete [​IMG]
    • The PC will reboot and get into the Recovery Environment
    • Click on Trouble Shoot->Advanced Options->System Restore.

System restore will not complete [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 5, 2018
  4. System restore will not complete

System Restore did not complete successfully.

I have somewhat the same problem, except that my AV is Windows Defender.
    I have a program that will not run and their support system suggested a restore point. However, when I tried to use an existing restore point, after it finished, I received an error message stating that System restore did not complete because an AV program was probably running. I turned off Windows Defender and tried another System restore, only to receive the same error message. Any suggestions?

Bob Hennessy, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

System restore will not complete

1. System restore will not complete - Similar Threads - System restore complete

2. System Restore did not complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not complete: error message says it could not access a file. Error 0x80070005. What is that and how do i fix it. Hopefully an automatic fix by Windows 10 itself? Thank You...
  3. System Restore did not complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not complete: error message says it could not access a file. Error 0x80070005. What is that and how do i fix it. Hopefully an automatic fix by Windows 10 itself? Thank You...
  4. System Restore did not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore is stuck on complete????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore is stuck on complete????: So this is odd, I did a system restore, had to do it in safe mode to get this far but after several hours is says “ please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is Complete.”… ‘is complete’ makes it sound like ‘please wait’ isn’t not...
  6. System restore is stuck on complete????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore is stuck on complete????: So this is odd, I did a system restore, had to do it in safe mode to get this far but after several hours is says “ please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is Complete.”… ‘is complete’ makes it sound like ‘please wait’ isn’t not...
  7. System Restore and SIR not completing

System Restore and SIR not completing: At about install 9 with at least 3 including format. Some point after installing office SR fails with message of being unable to extract a file. SRI also fails. On more than one install I've tried doing the recovery boot to use SIR and it will not recognize my password. And...
  8. system restore did not complete successfully

system restore did not complete successfully: system restore did not complete successfully. your computer's system files and settings were not changed. "system restore could not access a file" there is already a thread with this problem dating back to win 7, but it is locked. i'm using the most recent update to win...
  9. can not complete system restore

can not complete system restore: error during directory restoration origin: AppxStaging destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps unspecified error: (0x80070005) I tried several different restore points getting the same error Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]...
  10. System restore will not complete

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore will not complete: I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because, it says, it is not finding a file that it needs. I had this problem once before and ended up just giving up on using system...