Windows 10: System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

Discus and support System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jm44jg39, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jm44jg39 Win User

System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.

jm44jg39, Apr 5, 2018
  2. jm44jg39 Win User

Running Insider 17134. I attempted to "restore" to correct a problem with Win 10 17134. I have made frequent "restore points", however when going to System Restore in the problems area of the boot screen I was unable to "sign In". I was told that my MS acct # won't work. However, the MS acct # p/w is used to open System restore on a HP Laptop running the non Insider ver of W 10.

:)

jm44jg39, Apr 16, 2018
  3. weamish Win User
    ELIMINATE the Windows 10 Computer password log in requirement.

Possibly, not sure. And Win is not clear as to what p/w it's asking for. The only thing I could figure was the MS account p/w but that didn't work. Ended up having to reset the MS acct p/w in order to get back in. Not very user-friendly, to say the least...

weamish, Apr 16, 2018
  4. fredraw Win User

New screen appeared prompting for password, upgrade to Windows 10

i've tried the restart; but unfortunately i wasn't able to create a microsoft account w/password before the "new"

sign in screen appeared...so since there is no ms acct. there is no password...what i need is a way to get into my

laptop and create a ms acct with password...

fredraw, Apr 16, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w - Similar Threads - System Restore won't

2. MS teams acct setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS teams acct setup: My company advises us to create microsoft account that will be connected in the ms teams within their org. Why can't I connect to the company org account? I tried signing out my previous teams account which is a school acct but everytime I open their link it just...
  3. Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work: Have a new email address. My laptop logs in with MS acct tied to the old email address which doesn't exist anymore. changed the email address. the phone number is the home phone. system will not allow me to update it until the email address is updated one month from now....
  4. Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work: Have a new email address. My laptop logs in with MS acct tied to the old email address which doesn't exist anymore. changed the email address. the phone number is the home phone. system will not allow me to update it until the email address is updated one month from now....
  5. Laptop set for MS acct authentication won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Resetting login p/w:

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting login p/w:: Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-login-pw/f1c0dae4-dc22-4310-b372-7fb6a7e0b953
  7. How to reactivate with no MS Acct

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate with no MS Acct: Hi Some weeks ago I placed a post on this forum about my husband's PC and unfortunately I did not respond to the two messages that were left. However, now my husband's PC has well and truly died in that the mobo appears to have given up the ghost since doesn't even get to...
  8. Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail won't display msg body w/ pop3 acct, but fine w/Gmail acct: All; Thank you in advance for your help. I have an unusual problem. I have a PC with Windows 10, and I'm using the stock mail application. I have added 2 accounts, a pop3 account and a Gmail account. The Gmail account works fine, but the pop 3 account will only display...
  9. System Restore won't restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...