Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by willden, Aug 31, 2015.

1. willden Win User

System Restore

Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times.

:)

willden, Aug 31, 2015

2. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

When I upgraded to 10 I had to sign in as a new user with a different password from Win 7. I lost my Win 7 password. Widows 10 has moved all my music files and picture files. My back up is stored off site and system restore back to a previous time I assume
    is using my old 7 password and my user/computer name for security thus disallowing access to those files. How do I find my old password while using Windows 10 because I would like to go back to Win 7. I am not a gamer and it seems Win 10 and the anniversary
    update are targeted toward multiple computer gamer use. I do have a system repair disc from Win 7.

John M system restore, Aug 31, 2015
  3. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

Mohan B thank you for the information I will research the link. I surmise I was not signed in I just started with the question so I will create a new account. Thank You. John W

John M system restore, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. system restore broke computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore broke computer: I used system restore and now my computer wont boot. Im on failed automatic repair. Other restore points fail. I even get an error on restting the PC. I have an omen desktop with Windows ten, only a couple years old. No recent changes to the pc other than accidentally...
  3. System restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore: I was having problems with my PC, so I did (what I thought) was a system restore. It wiped out everything, so now I am reinstalling. However, it also took away my Microsoft Office Student, and I cannot access my documents. I can't find my install CD; is there a way to get...
  4. Now after update windows 10, version 1903 ( OS Build 18362.239 ) , system restore not...

Now after update windows 10, version 1903 ( OS Build 18362.239 ) , system restore not...: Restore points available but system restore not working directly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/now-a-big-problem-with-windows-10-1803-latest/4480d5f7-0ebe-4382-9869-38400567be5e and again I follow this method to restore my system Why windows 10,...
  5. Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need...

Winre on my Win 10 isnt working after a system restore. Possible to fix WinRe, or do I need...: Hey My system works perfectly! However, a while ago, I needed to do a system restore. And since then, my WinRE isn't working. And what I can read, the directories and files, are not where they should be. I had just performed a Repair windows upgrade with a Windows ISO....
  6. restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore: the recovery module does not see my external drive, u see it after mountvol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-system-image-from-command-prompt-drive-d/fb80bfcf-ef29-4dd7-b14b-0d8f4a9e12c6
  7. System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services"

System Restore not show in Microsoft "Services": Just updated to Win 10 1903. I noticed in services that System Restore was not listed. I did a restore point and ran it and it was successful. So all is working properly. But still I am wondering as to why it is not showing on services? Is this something new? Thanks to...
  8. system restore date

system restore date: How to go back to an earlier date in system restore. Only the current date is listed under restore date. Is there not a listing of several earlier restore dates? Problems occurred after I allowed install of v. 1903(which required 3 attempts by windows) I chose immediately...
  9. Windows 10 Cannot create a System Restore Point

Windows 10 Cannot create a System Restore Point: When I try to create a system restore point I receive an error message as follows: There was an unexpected error in the property page: Invalid cursor handle (0x8007057A) Please close the property page and try again. In addition, I cannot process a restore point, I get...
  10. Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa

Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa: Hello, So today I found out that I lost control over certain parts of my system. I wanted to exclude a software from being scanned by defender. (It has a horrible load time, PyCharm) But quickly learned, I couldn´t set any exclusion rules. I also noticed edge shuts down...