Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by willden, Aug 31, 2015.

1. willden Win User

System Restore

Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times.

:)

willden, Aug 31, 2015

2. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

When I upgraded to 10 I had to sign in as a new user with a different password from Win 7. I lost my Win 7 password. Widows 10 has moved all my music files and picture files. My back up is stored off site and system restore back to a previous time I assume
    is using my old 7 password and my user/computer name for security thus disallowing access to those files. How do I find my old password while using Windows 10 because I would like to go back to Win 7. I am not a gamer and it seems Win 10 and the anniversary
    update are targeted toward multiple computer gamer use. I do have a system repair disc from Win 7.

John M system restore, Aug 31, 2015
  3. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

Mohan B thank you for the information I will research the link. I surmise I was not signed in I just started with the question so I will create a new account. Thank You. John W

John M system restore, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  3. Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a system restore get rid of a Trojan that I just installed on my windows 11 pc: So i just installed a Trojan and I immediately went to system restore and restored it and I was wondering if the file could still be on my pc....
  4. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  5. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore: When I was last updating my drivers. More specifically I updated my audio driver and my USB driver. Before downloading, i created an restore point to that moment. After that I downloaded these drivers.After a day, I noticed that, after these drivers installations, my PC...
  6. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESSOR_DIED after system restore

7. I just can't get my pc to do an older date to System restore. It only lets me restore to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just can't get my pc to do an older date to System restore. It only lets me restore to...: I can't get to a System Restore point beyond today. I'm not able to print files or get my best fakebook profiles for my business. I accidentally pressed an unwanted Facebook profile so now I'm stuck. I have tried several recommendations to get this resolved with no results....
  8. I just can't get my pc to do an older date to System restore. It only lets me restore to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just can't get my pc to do an older date to System restore. It only lets me restore to...: I can't get to a System Restore point beyond today. I'm not able to print files or get my best fakebook profiles for my business. I accidentally pressed an unwanted Facebook profile so now I'm stuck. I have tried several recommendations to get this resolved with no results....
  9. I just can't get my pc to do an older date to System restore. It only lets me restore to...

10. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50