Windows 10: system restore

Discus and support system restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Can anyone shed any light on why I only ever see one restore point to which I am able roll back to...? This has been turned on since I configured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016.

1. kevvyb Win User

system restore

Can anyone shed any light on why I only ever see one restore point to which I am able roll back to...? This has been turned on since I configured windows 10 a month or so ago.

:)

kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016

2. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

When I upgraded to 10 I had to sign in as a new user with a different password from Win 7. I lost my Win 7 password. Widows 10 has moved all my music files and picture files. My back up is stored off site and system restore back to a previous time I assume
    is using my old 7 password and my user/computer name for security thus disallowing access to those files. How do I find my old password while using Windows 10 because I would like to go back to Win 7. I am not a gamer and it seems Win 10 and the anniversary
    update are targeted toward multiple computer gamer use. I do have a system repair disc from Win 7.

John M system restore, Aug 29, 2016
  3. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 as time passes I find Windows 10 very intrusive to my personal files music and pictures with the new 10 update it seems it will become more intrusive.

Mohan B thank you for the information I will research the link. I surmise I was not signed in I just started with the question so I will create a new account. Thank You. John W

John M system restore, Aug 29, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

system restore

This interested me and so I had a look at what restore points I have. Here they are:

system restore [​IMG]

So it seems that they tend to be created when you have critical updates or when you trigger an operation such as a backup. It might be good practice to manually set a restore point once a week or schedule one to occur.

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, some salient points:
    1. Can you manually successfully create a restore point?
    2. Have you allocated sufficient space to system restore?
    3. Are you dual booting- this causes SR points to be lost.
    4. System Restore is turned off after and upgrade (new build version) and SR points are lost (as you'd expect).

There's plenty more comment on this on the web and in this forum if you'd like to try searching..
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/system...eshoot-and-fix

dalchina, Aug 29, 2016
  6. kevvyb Win User
    Thanks.

1. yes
    2. yes 5%
    3. No
    4. It is on

kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016
  7. kevvyb Win User
    So I have to remember to manually create a restore point for each install I do...? Didn't used to be like that I think...

kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

system restore

No, all the restore points I showed in my post were automatically created by the system.

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 29, 2016
  10. kevvyb Win User
    OK but none of those are for programme installation are they? I installed and uninstalled a program this morning and there is no restore point.

kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016
  11. kevvyb Win User
    kevvyb, Aug 29, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Restore points aren't always created then anyway.

dalchina, Aug 29, 2016
  13. kevvyb Win User

system restore

Thanks

kevvyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

system restore

1. system restore - Similar Threads - system restore

2. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  3. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  4. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  5. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  6. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  8. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  9. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...