Windows 10: System says I can run Windows 10 but installer says I cannot.

Discus and support System says I can run Windows 10 but installer says I cannot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm having a slight problem downloading windows 10 on my computer. When I ran the installer, everything was fine and just as it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aragau101, Jul 29, 2015.

1. aragau101 Win User

System says I can run Windows 10 but installer says I cannot.

Hello everyone. I'm having a slight problem downloading windows 10 on my computer. When I ran the installer, everything was fine and just as it was about to install, I got "You can't install Windows 10 because your processor doesn't support NX". Why would this happen if I meet the system requirements. Here is my processor specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.5GHz

This does meet the system requirements.

After further investigating, this processor does support NX (or XD in my case, because my processor is Intel not AMD) and it was already enabled in my BIOS. I also updated all my drivers and BIOS. Can someone please help me. A buddy of mine has the same laptop with literally the same specs as me and he has Windows 10 installed with no problems.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

:)

aragau101, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Aragau101 Win User

Hello everyone. I'm having a slight problem downloading windows 10 on my computer. When I ran the installer, everything was fine and just as it was about to install, I got "You can't install Windows 10 because your processor doesn't support NX". Why would
    this happen if I meet the system requirements. Here is my processor specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.5GHz

This does meet the system requirements.

After further investigating, this processor does support NX (or XD in my case, because my processor is Intel not AMD) and it was already enabled in my BIOS. I also updated all my drivers and BIOS. Can someone please help me. A buddy of mine has the same laptop
    with literally the same specs as me and he has Windows 10 installed with no problems.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Aragau101, Jul 29, 2015
  3. System says I can run Windows 10 but installer says I cannot.

AySz88 replied to a related question earlier today:

"There is a DEP setting in Windows that you may need to turn on: Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Performance "Settings..." > Data Execution Prevention tab > choose the second option ("Turn on DEP for all
    programs and services except those I select"). Hit OK, and restart the computer."

Worked for me.

TimDugan61, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. System says I can run Windows 10 but installer says I cannot. - Similar Threads - System says run

2. I cannot remove the virus that's saying.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot remove the virus that's saying.: Hello, i've recently caught a virus Trojan:Win64/DriverInjector.MVG!MSR in my C:\Windows\ELAMBKUP\Wdbr\cat. I deleted the cat folder and the corrupted file injector manually. But even know whenever my PC boots i get this message as thread. How can i remove it completly?...
  3. I cannot remove the virus that's saying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remove the virus that's saying.: Hello, i've recently caught a virus Trojan:Win64/DriverInjector.MVG!MSR in my C:\Windows\ELAMBKUP\Wdbr\cat. I deleted the cat folder and the corrupted file injector manually. But even know whenever my PC boots i get this message as thread. How can i remove it completly?...
  4. I cannot remove the virus that's saying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.: I don't know what else to do, I was having issues with my TPM but Health Check says I resolved the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-says-i-can-run-windows-11-settings/b3de46bc-77b9-48e7-b898-a1bceddd286c
  6. PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.

PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.: I don't know what else to do, I was having issues with my TPM but Health Check says I resolved the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-says-i-can-run-windows-11-settings/b3de46bc-77b9-48e7-b898-a1bceddd286c
  7. Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?

Uninstalling a program, and it keeps saying "another installer is running". How can I fix this?: I'm trying to uninstall the Norton Security Ultra program on my computer. I honestly don't know how it got on there in the first place. It may have come predownloaded with Windows, I guess. I try to uninstall it using the control panel, but every time I do, all it says is...
  8. It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?: This is the message I got tonight. My PC is new enough. Alienware R11. It should work! UEFI and SECURE BOOT enabled already. Not sure what to make of this. Can anyone advise?...
  9. It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?

It says I can and it says I can't...what gives?: This is the message I got tonight. My PC is new enough. Alienware R11. It should work! UEFI and SECURE BOOT enabled already. Not sure what to make of this. Can anyone advise?...
  10. Microsoft Store Not Saying I Can Install Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Not Saying I Can Install Minecraft: A couple years ago, I redeemed a code for Minecraft Windows 10 on the Microsoft Store that I got from Mojang for having Minecraft: Java Edition. Now I have signed into my Microsoft account on the Microsoft Store, the same one I redeemed the code on, (I checked my order...