Windows 10: System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows

Discus and support System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is ridiculous. After over a week and thinking I had all my problems solved in my other thread, driver_verifier_iomanager_violation BSOD loop on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bytes64, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bytes64 Win User

System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows

This is ridiculous. After over a week and thinking I had all my problems solved in my other thread, driver_verifier_iomanager_violation BSOD loop on starup, it's even worse now. This time my BSOD came from having chrome open while rendering in Premiere. It would do this every time so I turned off chrome while rendering and I wouldn't get any. I never had any problems with games. I did notice Chrome would stutter with Facebook open but nothing else would cause issues. The last render I did rendered out. I then opened chrome and my computer froze. I tried to boot in and it froze after I loaded in to the desktop. I then set the BIOS to default settings and turned off AMD cool and quiet and AMD turbo. Now after the ASUS splash loading screen pops up, it goes to a black screen. Rebooting a million times and trying to repair did not work. The other monitor doesn't even get a signal. Leaving the computer off with no power for awhile did not work either which always fixed it before. checking the disks everything seemed fine. Safe mode blue screens everytime too within a minute if it even boots up to begin with. I really have no idea what is going on.

:)

bytes64, Feb 20, 2016

2. BSOD (System Service Exception) only while gaming.

Hello,

I have been having BSOD's on and off now for about 2 years and have exhausted all options thus far. I have replaced almost all my hardware except motherboard, ram, cpu. I have updated all drivers, software and windows dozens of times. I upgraded from Windows
    7 to Windows 10 last year and the BSOD persisted.

Oddly it will only BSOD while gaming at random times. I could play 3 hours without it and then poof. Normally I only get the error message "System Service Exception", but every now and then I'll get a different message like "IRQL Not Equal or Less".

So any help would be appreciated. I could send you my dump file as well if need be. Here is a little sample.

Description:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80114164e22, 0xffffab8130dc7380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f182ef02-5df8-4759-b44e-e7d1b827752b.

Majestic-Casual, Feb 20, 2016
  3. BSOD (System Service Exception) only while gaming.

Here are the links to both the DMP file and MSinfo.

MSinfo.nfo

MEMORY.rar

Majestic-Casual, Feb 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

From the title of the previous thread it appears that you have enabled driver verifier there. Is it still enabled? Make it sure that it is not.
    Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any. Driver verifier can cause this situation by its own virtue.

5. bytes64 Win User
    I already fixed that issue in that post along with doing a system restore to the computer. I didn't touch driver verifier since the restore.

bytes64, Feb 20, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    These too gives a fair idea that what is going on is most possibly a hardware related issue.

Attempt a vanilla windows installation, and see at what point the issue occurs. It will help you to determine the failing hardware.

If the issue starts to occur even before the installation is complete, it is being caused either by RAM, or CPU, or the motherboard (then we may attempt to minimize the possibilities).

7. bytes64 Win User
    Attachment 65419

I managed to sneak in to safe mode for a few minutes and noticed this about the CPU. I noticed these warnings before and they seem to happen during my renders. This was right before the BSOD that screwed everything up. I'm hoping it's the CPU so I can just go swap it at the store as I have an extended warranty. I do for the mobo as well but I really hope it's not the mobo....

bytes64, Feb 20, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

9. bytes64 Win User
    Attachment 65532
    I managed to get in to safe mode long enough to get the blue screen info. It doesn't look like all the dumps are there but it got a few.

I've tried to reseat the CPU and nothing worked. I noticed it before trying that that it wasn't even giving me a signal anymore where I'm supposed to logon but then it was showing there was hard drive activity unlike before. I uninstalled Nvidia drivers through safe mode. It actually got in to windows for a split second after doing so but gave the same BSOD quickly after. So now it's allowing me to login but it quickly BSOD. Safe mode is a crap shoot if it works or not. I'll be trying things out from that guide but now I'm more confused than ever.

bytes64, Feb 21, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    All the dumps I have checked are 0x3B ones, with various different "probably caused by" lines.
    Well, what may cause a 0x3B in safe mode, where almost all the third party drivers are inactive including the graphics driver? Either a corrupt windows install, or a corrupt RAM, or even bad, the worst possibility.

Is there any reason that you are running the RAM with the minimum possible speed?
    Code: Speed 1066MHz[/quote] Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know how it goes. A camera snap of memtest86+ window before closing the program will be a great feedback.

11. bytes64 Win User
    Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know how it goes. A camera snap of memtest86+ window before closing the program will be a great feedback.[/quote] I have no idea why it would be running that slow. I did a memtest a month or so ago for the other forum thread as I was getting the system service exception bsod. Did 10 or so passes and there were zero errors.

EDIT: I am starting to wonder if it's improper grounding of the motherboard. I noticed it isn't perfectly flush with I/O plate shield and I tried reseatting it a few weeks ago with the same result of it being slightly off. I feel like the case or mobo is warped. A few months ago it was shorted when plugging in a USB device. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I also just tried doing a reset on Windows keeping personal files..got a blue screen immediately after signing in.

bytes64, Feb 21, 2016
  12. ARC
    Arc Win User
    In order to minimize the possibilities, you have to proceed systematically. First, the RAM. Then the CPU, and finally the motherboard.

Yes, the RAM test with memtest86+ takes a long time.

If you are sure that your issue is not being caused by the RAM, then first dismantle and re-seat the computer. Take the proper care of the pins, ports, thermal paste and all other small things including zip ties.

If still it problems, test the CPU with Prime95. You will need another computer to perform the test.

If that also goes free from errors, blame the motherboard itself.

13. bytes64 Win User

I reseated the motherboard and it made no difference. I tried putting an old mobo in to the case with it's own I/O plate and it lined up. My current motherboard seems like it's slightly warped or something which is strange. Only thing I did to it since I got it a year ago was add the Hyper 212 EVO heatsink. CPU is the same age.

I also just tried installing Linux on a separate hard drive and it froze while the disc booted. Did the same thing on 2 different linux OS install attempts. So it has to be the hardware.

So I'm currently running memtest86 to make sure it's not the RAM but i doubt it is. I'm thinking CPU or mobo at this point. I don't think it's the PSU or case as I just replaced those back in November but that was a few days after I installed Windows 10. Windows 10 installer would freeze almost everytime I tried to install Windows. Turning AMD turbo off made it work. But ever since then I've had issues so I'm not sure if its coincidence or something happened or what.

bytes64, Feb 22, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If you have access to any other computer with the matching CPU pins, try your CPU there, and try to test it with Prime95.

If all with the CPU goes well, then you will have to blame the board. If it is within warranty, RMA it.

15. bytes64 Win User
    Attachment 66007

So I borrowed an older GPU from a friend and wanted to see if the graphics card was causing the problem. I swapped mine out with his and now it magically works. I'm not 100 percent certain yet but it looks like my old gtx 580 is done for. Bought it refurbished 2 years ago and I guess it couldn't handle anymore. That's strange though as I wasn't really getting any artifacts and it played games fine. I guess it makes sense as it's the oldest part in my computer. I was looking to upgrade soon so this isn't the end of the world. Just a bigger hole in my wallet System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows :p

I'll post an update if anything happens.

bytes64, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

1. System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows - Similar Threads - System Service Exception

2. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD System Service Exception: I'm getting a BSOD occasionally that started a couple weeks ago and has gotten worse.The minidumps pointed to a system file so I ran driver verifier and these are the mini dumps it produced off of 2...
  3. BSOD system service exception while playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD system service exception while playing a game: SpecsBATTLE-AX H310M-M.2 IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz RAM 16GB NIVIDA GeForce GTX 1070 Thermaltake Smart 500wMy last 3 minidumps + MSinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzNTamzBPb7i06PC6Bf1WDi37xNBeen getting this while playing a game I used to run without having problems,...
  4. BSOD system service exception while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD system service exception while playing a game: SpecsBATTLE-AX H310M-M.2 IntelR CoreTM i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz RAM 16GB NIVIDA GeForce GTX 1070 Thermaltake Smart 500wMy last 3 minidumps + MSinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzNTamzBPb7i06PC6Bf1WDi37xNBeen getting this while playing a game I used to run without having problems,...
  5. BSOD system service exception while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD system service exception while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD system service exception while gaming: Hey there,I have been playing 'demanding' games such as Cyberpunk 20177 and Star Citizen in a 1 month new laptop. Often times they crash, and a couple of times I got a BSOD saying System Service Exception. I have the minidump file but can't seem to upload it, not even with...
  7. BSOD system service exception while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD system service exception while gaming: Hey there,I have been playing 'demanding' games such as Cyberpunk 20177 and Star Citizen in a 1 month new laptop. Often times they crash, and a couple of times I got a BSOD saying System Service Exception. I have the minidump file but can't seem to upload it, not even with...
  8. BSOD System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Customization
    BSOD System Service Exception: I am randomly getting BSOD screen, some times after 1 month and sometimes every day. I need help debugging my problem. Here is my recent minidump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvosaqT-_cvHlX60M_yLb5hmVDa6?e=qwzgKn Thanks...
  9. BSOD: System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: System Service Exception: Hello everyone, I kept on getting BSOD on my new PC for a few days. I'm not sure why this is happening frequently although I have updated all drivers and removed the ones that I think is causing issues. I removed my NVIDIA driver as well as my printer device application yet...
  10. System Service Exception BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Service Exception BSOD: Hello, I've been frequently having BSOD with the exception System Service Exception. I read online that I should update my drivers but I would appreciate if someone could take a closer look at my dump files to pin point which driver. It might possibly be my usb host...