Windows 10: system slows down taskbar icon is not opening and disc uses becomes higher (1803)

Discus and support system slows down taskbar icon is not opening and disc uses becomes higher (1803) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i turn on the pc taskbar icon opens in 2-3 minute too slow and disc uses increases to 99-100% and ram uses increased rapidly without using any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raunakniroula, Aug 4, 2018.

1. system slows down taskbar icon is not opening and disc uses becomes higher (1803)

when i turn on the pc taskbar icon opens in 2-3 minute too slow and disc uses increases to 99-100% and ram uses increased rapidly without using any apps and browser on my hp g62 laptop with windows 10 1803

ram :-3 gb

cpu :-2.27 ghz i3 1st generation processor

:)

raunakniroula, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 4, 2018
  4. system slows down taskbar icon is not opening and disc uses becomes higher (1803)

Certain icons in taskbar won't open

Hello Cindy,

To help us identify the cause of the issue, we'd like to clarify the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Does this issue only persists with the Taskbar icons?

In the mean time, let's run System File Checker scan and DISM commands. System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions

in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

system slows down taskbar icon is not opening and disc uses becomes higher (1803)

1. system slows down taskbar icon is not opening and disc uses becomes higher (1803) - Similar Threads - system slows down

2. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  3. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  4. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Icon on taskbar become double

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon on taskbar become double: I have pinned the Google Chrome icon on taskbar. But after I click to open the Chrome, the icon become double and open new the chrome in the new icon. How to stop the icon from becoming double?I have attached the images. Please, have a look at it....
  6. System slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System slow down: I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task...
  7. display discs in system icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display discs in system icons: I forgot how to display all discs icons in the system i.e. C: , D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-discs-in-system-icons/214c7806-96b9-4d5e-bd22-e9741a4b2385"
  8. Windows 1803 update slows down PC so it can't be used.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1803 update slows down PC so it can't be used.: My client has a PC that is used for taking x-rays at a Doctors Office. For several weeks now we have been dealing with the Windows 1803 update. The update keeps trying to install during the work day while users are logged in. The install slows the PC down so every mouse...
  9. System slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System slow down: Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then...
  10. System Tray icons becomes invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray icons becomes invisible: Hi all, I have an annoying issue with my PC running Windows 10. I have set which icons should be visible in the system tray and they show up there but only for a while, sometimes they just disappear and i have to go into settings and make them visible again. This happens...