Windows 10: System stuck at boot

Discus and support System stuck at boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system suddenly crashed while playing some music After that i tried a variety of things but it refuses to boot. These are the things that aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NileshNahar, Jul 7, 2018.

1. System stuck at boot

My system suddenly crashed while playing some music

After that i tried a variety of things but it refuses to boot.

These are the things that aren't working.

1. System gets stuck at Automated repair

2. System is unable to restore with system restore. Gives a 0x80070017 error

3. System wont reset. Give bad system config info error

4. It won't also reboot in safe mode and gives the same wrror bad system config info

5.command prompt says X:\ instead of C:\

I have a lot of important files on the laptop.

What do I do

:)

NileshNahar, Jul 7, 2018

2. System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 7, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 7, 2018
  4. System stuck at boot

Stuck on Yellow Boot Screen

Hi Prometeo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that after updating the system it is stuck at boot screen. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Which was the latest update you tried to update your system?
    • What is the make and model of you PC/Laptop?
    • Are you able to get into Desktop screen after waiting for long time?
    • What happens when you force shutdown and restart the machine?
    Please post us back with above information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

System stuck at boot

1. System stuck at boot - Similar Threads - System stuck boot

2. Stucked in boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stucked in boot: i began with system restore, will it help in repairing my pc issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stucked-in-boot/e034a2f7-462b-4350-ad0d-2bb9d24676d0
  3. Stucked in boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stucked in boot: i began with system restore, will it help in repairing my pc issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stucked-in-boot/e034a2f7-462b-4350-ad0d-2bb9d24676d0
  4. Stucked in boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Boot: Is the system booting faster, or is the system shutting down faster ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-boot/0623e98f-e3d8-42f2-a4e9-f75950fb44d3
  6. Windows unable to boot, stuck on system recovery.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows unable to boot, stuck on system recovery.: Just about a week ago my pc failed to launch and booted straight into system recovery. I tried all available options but it would just give me an error. I have both and ssd and an hdd in my pc and the current windows was in the ssd. I installed a new windows into the hdd and...
  7. system stuck

system stuck: i am keep getting message like- "please wait while your windows file and settings are being restored System restore is initializing......" my laptop stuck in windows recovery page from 7-8 hours please help me......
  8. Stuck at boot

Stuck at boot: Hi, I have a HP Windows 10 laptop unsure of what model and I am trying to either factory reset or system restore the laptop. It is currently stuck on either 'Diagnosing your PC' and 'Configuring Windows' with no changes. I think a software update went wrong but I have...
  9. Stuck on Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on Boot: Hello, I’m having an issue with booting. Yesterday, I did some cleanup by using Glary Utilities, SystemCare, and Registry First Aid. After completion I rebooted. Well, now my PC won’t load Windows. It’s stuck in the loading stage. The screen is black with a loading icon on...
  10. System boot stuck before login screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    System boot stuck before login screen.: Hi! I don't know if this is the right thread because I don't get any BSOD but it's really close to one. The problem: System boot stuck before login screen. The backstory: Messed around with ProgramData's ownership because the Indexer/Search didn't work. (read it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bad system config info 0x80070017