Windows 10: System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver

Discus and support System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know why it didn't do it automatically but whatever. My GPU is Intel HD 5000. I tried to install both through online drivers via Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by figgyc, Apr 8, 2017.

1. figgyc Win User

System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver

I don't know why it didn't do it automatically but whatever. My GPU is Intel HD 5000. I tried to install both through online drivers via Windows Update, through Intel's setup program and the zip file. My main suspicion is the Night Light feature in the new update, because I turned it on and now it won't turn off (at the very least, it's the only problem I've noticed). I've tried safe mode, low-res video mode, and disable driver signing mode. When I tried 'Prevent reboot after system failure' it stopped rebooting so I assume it's a 'system failure' of some sort. Thanks

:)

figgyc, Apr 8, 2017

2. Sleep and Hibernate buttons disappeared

While browsing the web, my screen suddenly shrunk about 75% size with wide black borders. I figured my graphics hiccuped and rebooted. After reboot the higher end resolutions are gone. so now I am staring at a huge screen, but the real issue is the sleep
    and hibernate buttons are gone. I have tried settings, services, and reg fixes. none of these work. I have downloaded the driver from Dell, and when I install, the system indicates the driver is already installed however when I check the driver the system
    indicates the driver is not installed. Is there a way to brute force the video driver removal so I can try to reinstall? Do I need to reinstall Windows? Any help would be much appreciated. Also installed Fall update yesterday, did nothing.

GaryDeSantis, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Gauravpat Win User
    Dont understand why microsoft is forcing updates on windows 10.............it installs intel extreme graphics driver update on my dell inspiron

when I installed windows 10, I updated all my drivers for windows 10 from dells website.....everything was fine but these idiots gave an intel extreme graphics update......after which my system behaved unexpectedly. My system was not running well at all...all
    my settings restored to default .

it went on for few days .once I switch on my system ....and find a blank screen for long time. suddenly desktop appears but brightness was high, sleep option was missing too.It was quite clear that my graphics
    driver had stopped working suddenly. i had to reinstall graphics driver from dells website and everything was fine once again.

As I could not turn off updates, once again intel extreme graphics was installed, problem

occurred & I reinstall graphics driver from manufacturer site.

How to stop windows 10 from forcing driver upgrades ?

Gauravpat, Apr 8, 2017
  4. System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver

TairikuOkami, Apr 8, 2017
  5. figgyc Win User
    Yeah I already tried that driver. It didn't work, same issue.

figgyc, Apr 8, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Have you tried running the installer as administrator? Also some exe files that you download from the internet have this feature.

swarfega, Apr 8, 2017
  7. figgyc Win User
    No effect. Also to clear things up, the install goes just fine until it says installing driver and then it goes black, waits a couple seconds and then makes the reboot sound, and when I go to device manager it still says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

figgyc, Apr 8, 2017
  8. System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver

Try using a program like 7zip to extract files from the installation package. Extract them all to a folder, then try to install the driver by going through the control panel for the video adapter and update driver. Point it to the folder where you have the files extracted and see if it works that way.

ArazelEternal, Apr 9, 2017
  9. figgyc Win User
    I already tried that, same thing happens.
    <hr>
    Edit to avoid double post: I reinstalled Windows and had the same problem. Latest ISO as found on official Microsoft website (build 15063.0) and no Night Light on, so that's not the problem. Have only tested through automatic drivers through Device Manager atm, probably no point trying anything else.

figgyc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver

1. System suddenly reboots when I try to install graphics driver - Similar Threads - System suddenly reboots

2. System reboots when trying to initialize win installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System reboots when trying to initialize win installation.: I try installing from USB. I chose to install 64 bit, the bar fills up then afterwards power cuts off and back on before setup can continue. I have tried Win 11 64 and Win 10 64. MotherboardAsus Tuf B550 Plus WiFi II updated to newest BIOS version,CPUAMS Ryzen 7...
  3. System reboots when trying to initialize win installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reboots when trying to initialize win installation.: I try installing from USB. I chose to install 64 bit, the bar fills up then afterwards power cuts off and back on before setup can continue. I have tried Win 11 64 and Win 10 64. MotherboardAsus Tuf B550 Plus WiFi II updated to newest BIOS version,CPUAMS Ryzen 7...
  4. System reboots when trying to initialize win installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Graphics driver will not reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver will not reboot: So I was signing in to windows 11 when I saw a black screen with my cursor. I thought it had something to do with the graphics driver so I presses windows key+ctrl+shift+b to restart but now I'm on a black screen with no cursor and I have not heard a beeping noise. Can you...
  6. Graphics driver will not reboot

Graphics driver will not reboot: So I was signing in to windows 11 when I saw a black screen with my cursor. I thought it had something to do with the graphics driver so I presses windows key+ctrl+shift+b to restart but now I'm on a black screen with no cursor and I have not heard a beeping noise. Can you...
  7. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing graphics driver: I have a problem where my PC runs into a BSOD whenever I install or update my GPU. I would really appreciate to have an idea how to fix it.The dump files are here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPeHjzYobZigQrUP6eVpI0okNj_?e=jgiDHb...
  8. BSOD when installing graphics driver

BSOD when installing graphics driver: I have a problem where my PC runs into a BSOD whenever I install or update my GPU. I would really appreciate to have an idea how to fix it.The dump files are here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoPeHjzYobZigQrUP6eVpI0okNj_?e=jgiDHb...
  9. BSOD when installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when Graphics Drivers installed: My computer was frequently BSODing under Windows 7. I thought that my Windows install was bad, so I bought a new SSD hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it. Everything worked well until my video driver auto installed itself (Radeon HD 5870) and then Windos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reboots after install could it be graphics card issue