Windows 10: System Thread Exception Not Handled - Please help

Discus and support System Thread Exception Not Handled - Please help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 last week from 8.1 on my Samsung laptop. The update went fine but the restart left me with the message "System THread Exception... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jenkmc, Aug 20, 2015.

1. jenkmc Win User

System Thread Exception Not Handled - Please help

I updated to Windows 10 last week from 8.1 on my Samsung laptop. The update went fine but the restart left me with the message "System THread Exception Not Handled". The only way to get my computer to reboot was to restore it to the original 8.1 version.

I am brave so I decided to try the upgrade again this morning following the "must do" steps for after the upgrade as outlined in this article: How to 10 things to do after installing Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

The upgrade went quicker this time but with when restarted I got the same message. The only difference this time is the fact that I had created a new restore point after the upgrade. so I am still in Windows 10. I checked for all the updates, drivers, etc and found nothing new. I am set to reboot at 3:00 am tomorrow and am fearful that I will have the same result again.

Is there something I am missing here? Please help....
    Jennifer

:)

jenkmc, Aug 20, 2015

2. BSOD Help - System Thread Exception Not Handled

Hello I really need some help with my Sony Vaio laptop getting the BSOD, with the stop code: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

So earlier yesterday morning I restarted my laptop because it was running slow and just overall had been on for a long time I use an external monitor with VGA because my screen is broken and before it restarted it was connected fine but after restart it
    qouldnt show any sign of displaying on my monitor, so I troubleshot with the function source and Windows + P twice but it just wasnt having it. I then found a video of some guy removing his laptop screen and unplugging it from the monitor so that the external
    monitor would be forced as primary and BIOS showed up and all with his external monitor. I thought I would try this as the internal monitor for my laptop is useless as is, so after alot of screws and taking stuff apart, I finally removed the screen and unplugged
    it from the motherboard. Testing the boootup with external monitor and it has become forced primary but now on normal boot I get the stop code mentioned beforehand.. Now I can boot up in safe mode but I really need help fixing this, if I absolutely need to
    get a new LCD screen that kinda sucks but okay. Urgent need of help as I use it every day, no other computer.

Thank you all

James FitzpatrickNZ, Aug 20, 2015
  3. HELP!!! system thread exception not handled windows 10

Hi Elen,

• What is the version of OS currently installed on the computer?
    • What happens when the laptop fails to boot? Is there any error code or message displayed?
    • Which OS did you install using the ISO?
    • Is there any error message or code when the computer fails to boot in Safe mode?

Vinod Archak, Aug 20, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Hi ... It sound like a graphic driver issue . Have a look at the youtube video below by clicking on it

Fix system thread exception not handled - YouTube

sn00ker, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. System Thread Exception Not Handled - Please help - Similar Threads - System Thread Exception

2. System thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System thread exception not handled: Hello,I am getting the system thread exception not handled error on W10 64 every time I shut down my laptop, but I can't seem to find the cause. I have gone through the memory dump but can't identify the culprit. Is it possible to get some insight as to what is causing the...
  3. system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system thread exception not handled: hi, i had a new pc and it was working perfectly fine, but today after auto update i saw blue screen. code is: system_thead_exception_not_handled, and the source of problem is file Ntfs.sys. I can't boot into the system....
  4. system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system thread exception not handled: hi, i had a new pc and it was working perfectly fine, but today after auto update i saw blue screen. code is: system_thead_exception_not_handled, and the source of problem is file Ntfs.sys. I can't boot into the system....
  5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Whenever I try to work on Adobe Premiere Pro or on SonyVegas my computer shows me this message and then shuts down:Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. Stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Thread Exception Not Handled: Every so often, when I shut down my ASUS laptop, I get this BSOD error. My computer works afterwards, but I would like to try and pinpoint the issue. I thought I fixed this by using chkdsk but the error still persists. This time when it happened my drive had to be repaired...
  7. Frequent BSOD System Thread exception not handled.... Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD System Thread exception not handled.... Please help!: As the title reads i am getting BSOD frequently. At first i thought this was a Discord error because i was able to get back into my PC and an error message appeared for Discordpicture attached. No Problem. Deleted Discord including local and app data. Fresh install. Thought...
  8. System thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System thread exception not handled: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and after I selected everything (Language, region, keyboard) I get a blue screen of death and the laptop keeps restarting just to be met with it again. The laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 100-15d, 32 bit, 4gb ram, 500gb storage, 2.2 (or 2.7...
  9. System thread exception not handled

System thread exception not handled: I have a hp pc 15gdr006tx, specs are: i5 8th gen 8 gb ram Windows 10 Nvidea mx 110 graphics card I changed the boot settings in msconfig to boot it faster, i changed the number of processors to 8 and applied maximum memory. I restarted it and it started showing the...
  10. System thread exception not handled

System thread exception not handled: Two days ago I upgraded to windows 10, everything was fine. Today I disabled a few network services on my pc. After I disabled peer networking grouping my pc crashed with the error: "system thread exception failed". I read that I could solve this by having someone read my...