Windows 10: System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

Discus and support System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Need help here, Today i've upgraded win 8.1 on my laptop Acer 5738DG to win10 Whole installation passed w/o issues and upon finalization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Horadrimus, Oct 6, 2015.

1. System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

Hello,

Need help here,

Today i've upgraded win 8.1 on my laptop Acer 5738DG to win10
    Whole installation passed w/o issues and upon finalization of installation lappy shutdown itself and each boot end with BSOD "system thread exception not handled".
    Even when i'm trying to start clean install from boot-usb it wont load installation but always end up with BSOD.
    Is there any way to fix that ??

Best regards

:)

Horadrimus, Oct 6, 2015

2. Win10 upgrade system thread exception not handled

K i have tried everything now hold power button ,F8, and many more things look grim so anything else would be great if not well GG in a way.

DarkKrow013, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Eddie_G36 Win User
    How to run 3 or 4 monitors with Windows 10

I had the same issue when upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1.

I actually get a blue screen when I plug in the monitor and the system crashes.

An error message comes up and it says something like: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (atikmdag.sys)

Eddie_G36, Oct 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

Hi, as I understand it you're stuck in a failed automatic repair loop.

First we'll assume your disk and installation is good, and you should be able to boot.

Try this. (You need to remove your battery too).

Shut down. (Force shut down if necessary).
    Now power up, and as soon as you can (ideally before disk access) pull out the power cord/dis. power.
    Now press and hold the power button on your laptop for 20-30s.
    Now try booting up as normal.

That's what works for me and worked in Win 8 too should I end up in a bad shut down (e.g. thermal cutout).

Second, if the boot fails, then you need to try basic maintenance.
    Booting from the USB disk, navigate to the command prompt and run chkdsk <drive> /F, then sfc /scannow.
    If that's clear, try booting normally.

Post back the results.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

1. System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1 - Similar Threads - System thread exception

2. System thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System thread exception not handled: Hello,I am getting the system thread exception not handled error on W10 64 every time I shut down my laptop, but I can't seem to find the cause. I have gone through the memory dump but can't identify the culprit. Is it possible to get some insight as to what is causing the...
  3. system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system thread exception not handled: hi, i had a new pc and it was working perfectly fine, but today after auto update i saw blue screen. code is: system_thead_exception_not_handled, and the source of problem is file Ntfs.sys. I can't boot into the system....
  4. system thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system thread exception not handled: hi, i had a new pc and it was working perfectly fine, but today after auto update i saw blue screen. code is: system_thead_exception_not_handled, and the source of problem is file Ntfs.sys. I can't boot into the system....
  5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Whenever I try to work on Adobe Premiere Pro or on SonyVegas my computer shows me this message and then shuts down:Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. Stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Thread Exception Not Handled: Every so often, when I shut down my ASUS laptop, I get this BSOD error. My computer works afterwards, but I would like to try and pinpoint the issue. I thought I fixed this by using chkdsk but the error still persists. This time when it happened my drive had to be repaired...
  7. System thread exception not handled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System thread exception not handled: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and after I selected everything (Language, region, keyboard) I get a blue screen of death and the laptop keeps restarting just to be met with it again. The laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 100-15d, 32 bit, 4gb ram, 500gb storage, 2.2 (or 2.7...
  8. System thread exception not handled

System thread exception not handled: I have a hp pc 15gdr006tx, specs are: i5 8th gen 8 gb ram Windows 10 Nvidea mx 110 graphics card I changed the boot settings in msconfig to boot it faster, i changed the number of processors to 8 and applied maximum memory. I restarted it and it started showing the...
  9. System Thread Exception Not Handled

System Thread Exception Not Handled: I have been receiving a number of BSODs recently including: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA rzudd.sys, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA xboxgip.sys. Since I'm having so many different BSODs, I am wondering if there is a way to isolate what the...
  10. System thread exception not handled

System thread exception not handled: Two days ago I upgraded to windows 10, everything was fine. Today I disabled a few network services on my pc. After I disabled peer networking grouping my pc crashed with the error: "system thread exception failed". I read that I could solve this by having someone read my...