Windows 10: System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

Discus and support System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Need help here, Today i've upgraded win 8.1 on my laptop Acer 5738DG to win10 Whole installation passed w/o issues and upon finalization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Horadrimus, Oct 6, 2015.

1. System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

Hello,

Need help here,

Today i've upgraded win 8.1 on my laptop Acer 5738DG to win10
    Whole installation passed w/o issues and upon finalization of installation lappy shutdown itself and each boot end with BSOD "system thread exception not handled".
    Even when i'm trying to start clean install from boot-usb it wont load installation but always end up with BSOD.
    Is there any way to fix that ??

Best regards

:)

Horadrimus, Oct 6, 2015

2. Win10 upgrade system thread exception not handled

K i have tried everything now hold power button ,F8, and many more things look grim so anything else would be great if not well GG in a way.

DarkKrow013, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Eddie_G36 Win User
    How to run 3 or 4 monitors with Windows 10

I had the same issue when upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1.

I actually get a blue screen when I plug in the monitor and the system crashes.

An error message comes up and it says something like: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (atikmdag.sys)

Eddie_G36, Oct 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

Hi, as I understand it you're stuck in a failed automatic repair loop.

First we'll assume your disk and installation is good, and you should be able to boot.

Try this. (You need to remove your battery too).

Shut down. (Force shut down if necessary).
    Now power up, and as soon as you can (ideally before disk access) pull out the power cord/dis. power.
    Now press and hold the power button on your laptop for 20-30s.
    Now try booting up as normal.

That's what works for me and worked in Win 8 too should I end up in a bad shut down (e.g. thermal cutout).

Second, if the boot fails, then you need to try basic maintenance.
    Booting from the USB disk, navigate to the command prompt and run chkdsk <drive> /F, then sfc /scannow.
    If that's clear, try booting normally.

Post back the results.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1

1. System thread exception not handled windows 10, after upgrade from 8.1 - Similar Threads - System thread exception

2. Windows 10 SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED nvlddmkm.sys: Please help me. I don't know much about computers, and reaching out to the community is all the best I can get. I've been experiencing this BSOD for more than a year with my pc rebooting around 10 times every episode. It's just that it's been a while since the last, and now...
  3. BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: What are my options for fixing this issue? It has only occurred upon startup and I've always been able to restart and access my computer without immediate further incident. I haven't been able to find a parallel situation as of yet and apologize if I've overlooked a...
  4. system thread exception not handled - ntfs.sys

system thread exception not handled - ntfs.sys: Good day everyone & Happy new year, error free, It's exam period for me in 7 days... and HEY! look what the W10 OS got for me. A freaking BSOD, thank you Microsoft. Back to the matter at hand! PC Specs: SSD, HDD1, HDD2, HDD3 SSD -> Freshly installed W10 v1809 HDD1...
  5. BSOD Error - System Thread Exception Not Handled

BSOD Error - System Thread Exception Not Handled: Hi, From past few days I'm facing some auto restart issue in my HP laptop. At every morning & randomly is getting restarted by showing Blue screen. Steps I've tried: 1) Restored windows to previous working date 2) Renamed the Software Distribution & catroot2 Folder and...
  6. thread exception not handled windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thread exception not handled windows 10: Hi, I have Dell Inspiron 15 5558. I inserted 3 days before in my laptop a new SSD 860 Evo for run OS and programs and my HDD in DVD's socket for storage. From then i have BSOD error "thread exception not handled" and cause is ntkrnlmp.exe. After all, yesterday I...
  7. Windows 10 - system thread exception not handled

Windows 10 - system thread exception not handled: Well it all started when I got a message stating "system thread exception not handled"... there are plenty of others with the same issue and try as I might with all the claimed fixes I can't seem to resolve the constant restart and scanning. I can get into safe mode but it is...
  8. System Thread Exception not Handled

System Thread Exception not Handled: Hello recently I have ran up into a problem with my PC which I really need help with as I launched my pc and got ready to launch the game a messaged popped up "Your pc has run up into a problem we will restart your pc for you when the research is finished" etc with the error...
  9. After Windows 10 Installation BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLE

After Windows 10 Installation BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLE: Hello, Well Well I comment, I have almost six months ago a pc with these components. CPU: i5-6600 Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VH Ram: x2 HYPERX 4GB 2133MHZ DDR4 CL13 DIMM VGA: MSI RX 480 8GB SSD: 275GB SSD MX300 SATA 2 5 Kingston HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB...
  10. System Thread Exception Not Handled.

System Thread Exception Not Handled.: Okay so I have been having some blue screen issues. I have tried many troubleshooting solutions but I cannot seem to find out what is causing these issues and I need a hand. Minidump info included in link. Ran memtest today with 8 passes 0 Errors. 41210
  1. Win10 FaQ