Windows 10: System Tray Icon Question

Discus and support System Tray Icon Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me what the MASH.support icon that I have in my system tray is? Attached is a screenshot of what opens when I click on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NotRite, Sep 6, 2017.

1. NotRite Win User

System Tray Icon Question

Can someone please tell me what the MASH.support icon that I have in my system tray is? Attached is a screenshot of what opens when I click on it.

Thanks in advance.
    System Tray Icon Question [​IMG]

:)

NotRite, Sep 6, 2017
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Sep 6, 2017
  3. System Tray

I downloaded Avira anti-virus. An icon was placed on the screen and in the system tray. By removing the program ( app ) the icon was removed from the screen but not from the system tray. I want to remove ( NOT HIDE ) the icon from the system tray.

RileyHutcheson, Sep 6, 2017
  4. System Tray Icon Question

Hi NotRite.

That very much looks like a messaging app, one that is having an issue connecting to the servers.

The first three pages of a Google search point to Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub or the Mentoring & Advocacy Support hub.

I guess it was installed when your device was set up. I can't find much on software.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2017
  5. NotRite Win User
    Thank you for you reply. I saw the same thing on Google as well. Made no sense to me, but this is a used PC that I acquired but I hadn't noticed it until just recently. I cannot find anything about how to uninstall it. I can't even find it listed anywhere in a search on the PC itself so IDK.

NotRite, Sep 6, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    The only software I can find is the very old and obsolete Microsoft Agent Scripting Helper (unlikely, last used in XP) and the MASH procedural animation plugin from Autodesk. Neither seem likely culprits.

If this appears in the system tray at start-up then it should be listed in Task Manager's Start-up tab along with the name of its publisher. That should give a clue as to what it is. It may not be listed as MASH in the 'uninstall' list, but as the name of a software package that it is part of. The publisher's name may help identify which that is.

A more comprehensive tool for finding everything that runs at start-up is Autoruns from the Sysinternals toolkit, available from Microsoft.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...loads/autoruns

Bree, Sep 6, 2017
  7. Hi NotRite.

If I were you I would do a clean install of Windows. No disrespect to the previous owner but you really don't know what that machine has been through or what visitors it may have had. The Windows 10 software should be free for that device assuming it was legally installed or upgraded.. Not implying anything, just read you got it used.

Clean Install Windows 10

At a minimum I would be scanning with a tool like Malwarebytes, full scan. That said my recommendation would be a clean install although not everyone is comfortable doing this from the very beginning and I understand that.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2017
  8. NotRite Win User

Thanks for your reply. I thought of that as well and when I looked under the Start-up tab....it was not there. I have a copy of Sysinternals on one of the USB's I have loaded with such helpful tools. I may just try that.

Thanks again.

NotRite, Sep 7, 2017
  9. NotRite Win User
    Thanks Ken for your reply. I run Malwarebytes on a regular basis. I am also completely comfortable doing a new install. I work on for an onsite PC repair company as a side job and do the two things you suggested fairly regularly. Malwarebytes does not show anything. Defender shows nothing. As far as I can tell it's not adversely affecting the PC. I am just a little OCD about things like this and since I have just recently started using the PC and it's about the only thing left hanging around so I was looking into it.

Thanks again.

NotRite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System Tray Icon Question - Similar Threads - System Tray Icon

2. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  3. Nonexistent system tray icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent system tray icons: In the settings of taskbar I can see "Other system tray icons" of apps that are no longer installed. How can I remove them permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nonexistent-system-tray-icons/c6cbc6f2-2f64-451f-a8b7-f953d0c8a1d1
  4. System Tray Icons Disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icons Disappear: When I start my computer sometimes icons in the system tray don't appear. I have them setup to appear too. Is this some sort of bug and why wasn't it ever fixed?...
  5. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  6. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  7. System tray icon size

System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  8. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  9. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  10. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490