Windows 10: system very slow

Discus and support system very slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I was using win 7 home 64 bit, everything was ok, but after upgrade to win 10 home, the laptop fan work very fast, and i feel heating under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Raied, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Raied Win User

system very slow

Hello

I was using win 7 home 64 bit, everything was ok, but after upgrade to win 10 home, the laptop fan work very fast, and i feel heating under the keybord, also the system become very slow sometimes.. firefox not respondingm and its tak 20 sec to open a website, etc..

Task manger give me this results.. what should i do ? the fan like aircraft engine *cry

Please advice

:)

Raied, Mar 10, 2017
  2. Nellessen Win User

Very slow system

Recently, my computer that I've built sometime in July, decided to become very laggy at the end of my game that I played alot before this has happened. So I had to turn it off because I could not do anything about it. I had to use the switch in the back
    because I couldn' turn it off manually, and I couldn't turn it off with the button. After starting it back up, it had to repair some drives, and then it must've updated. After updating, it sat at 100% for about 30 minutes, and nothing happened. So I turned
    my pc off and on. Big mistake. Now I couldn't even log into my own pc because it would go to a black screen with a loading symbol, and i could use my mouse. Then, today I just let it sit at that screen and about an hour after, I could log into it. Well, doing
    that took forever because it would sit on one section for a couple minutes each. What I mean by that is it would sit at the very beginny windows page for a minute, I press enter to let me log in, then it would stay at the login screen for another lifetime
    it felt like. after all I was able to type in my password and it finally said welcome and then after a little while it went straight to a black screen, just stays a black screen and I'm still able to use my mouse but nothing has happened since. no my luck
    with Microsoft stuff has been very bad lately. just typing out this paragraph was hard enough since it lagged every letter that I pressed. Is there any solution to this without restoring my computer?

Nellessen, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Very slow system

Hello,

The performance issue you're experiencing with Windows 10 might be due to a corrupted system file. That being said, we'll need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried running Windows Update?
    • What is the current Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC?
    To verify the Version and OS Build of your Windows 10 PC, click the Start button, type About
    your PC, and then press Enter.

Devlin Sco, Mar 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

system very slow

Hello, thank you for the screenshots.
    1. You have something using 98% of your disk, but nothing that tells me what's doing it.
    2. You have a number of things starting up that are probably not necessary. Which may or may not be relevant to (1).
    3. Your Wifi connection seems very busy. (Could be updates if you updated to Win 10 recently...).
    (I've never found Windows updates impacting on my system performance).

a. Please post a screenshot of your task manager when the PC is nominally idle, but this time click on the Disk tab to organise the column by highest use at the top. That way we can see the program related to the disk usage.

b. Try a clean boot. Again, post a screenshot of your task manager.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts
    1st part.

Please complete your system specs including the exact model of your laptop (see mine for comparison)

dalchina, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Follow some steps:

1. Optimize the drive

2.Disk Cleanup tool in properties

3. cleared all Cache, Temp files, Log files, error reporting using ccleaner.

4. fixed registry errors with CCleaner

5. checked for malware with malwarebytes.

6. Uninstall all programs that not of use.
    7. Scanned for virus.

8. Used CCleaner's 'Drive Wiper' function to wipe the empty spaces on the drive.

9. I took the fan and heat sink out and blew the out with compressed air and blew out the entire inside to remove any dust that was in there.

robertosburn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

system very slow

1. system very slow - Similar Threads - system very slow

2. my system very slow processing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system very slow processing: my system very slow and updated restarted but process is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-very-slow-processing/8951eb04-e30b-4774-adf3-7aa5b7eb143c
  3. my system very slow processing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my system very slow processing: my system very slow and updated restarted but process is very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-very-slow-processing/8951eb04-e30b-4774-adf3-7aa5b7eb143c
  4. System very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System very slow: Hi This Prabhu I am using windows 10 21H1 normal 1TB SATA Hard Disk system very slow pls tell me the solution's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-very-slow/845918ae-51c6-4a86-bbea-29642cd1f3d6
  5. System very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System very slow: Hi This Prabhu I am using windows 10 21H1 normal 1TB SATA Hard Disk system very slow pls tell me the solution's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-very-slow/845918ae-51c6-4a86-bbea-29642cd1f3d6
  6. System very slow

7. My system is running very slow

My system is running very slow: My windows 10 is running very slow even most of process in windows 10 are running too slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-is-running-very-slow/7e27fa5d-03f9-42e0-b738-f18e1e537ae0
  8. My system is running very slow

My system is running very slow: System is running very slow nd frequently freeze after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-is-running-very-slow/fd58a7f4-2833-45c8-a4b1-1019e898baec
  9. System Image Backup very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Backup very slow: Hi W10 backup tool very slow my c : disk size is about 380 Gigas I began the backup 24 hours ago and the backup is only at 35 % ! ((380*1000*34/100)/(24*3600))=1.5 MegaByte/seconde !! a bit slow [ATTACH]...
  10. System very slow to startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System very slow to startup: windows 10 professional This is **NOT** a boot issue, the system boots up just fine and gets to the login screen fast. The issue is the system startup after login, it is takes a rather long time for Windows to become usable. I have tried stopping all NON windows services...