Windows 10: System will not Boot

Discus and support System will not Boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I turn the power on I hear the fans start the lights on the board turn on for about 5 seconds then the system just shuts down with no post. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gbsnplr, Jul 2, 2015.

1. gbsnplr Win User

System will not Boot

When I turn the power on I hear the fans start the lights on the board turn on for about 5 seconds then the system just shuts down with no post. It starts back up and the process starts over and over again.

I have removed all memory and installed each one separately. I have 3 hard drives 2 with OS's on them and one data drive. I have removed all of them and installed each separately with the same issue as above.

I don't know where to go from here regarding trouble shooting. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

:)

gbsnplr, Jul 2, 2015
  2. Riel Alc Win User

System will not boot

Since you've upgraded your operating system through free upgrade, your Windows 10 was entitled for a digital license. You can re-install your operating system anytime you want without using an activation key or product key.

For more information about installation of Windows 10, please click here.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Jul 2, 2015
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    System will not boot

Hi Scott,

The error "Startup can't find a bootable drive" means that your device cannot find your hard drive or Windows operating system is corrupted.

Note: Many commands can be executed when you are in the X:\Sources directory which is a temporary container that is created when you start Windows 10 externally.

To resolve the issue with your Windows 10, please check
    Greg Carmack - Windows MVP
    's post on this link.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jul 2, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

System will not Boot

Check the heat sink of your CPU. Make sure it's seated tight

topgundcp, Jul 2, 2015
  5. gbsnplr Win User
    I checked it and it is seated correctly.

gbsnplr, Jul 2, 2015
  6. venla Win User
    if you have multiple memory take one off or chamnge place of the them first i would try take off mobo battery and wait few mins ,but it back and try again

venla, Jul 2, 2015
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    First of all it would be helpful to know what your running (all your system specs say is OSX. That is about as useful as a hole in my foot *Tongue). But generally speaking if it won't even post you screwed something up, like person above me said remove the battery and leave it out for a little bit (I don't remember exactly how long, 30-60 seconds should be more than enough) and if not hopefully your board has a hard reset feature for your BIOS (again specs here would be useful!)

Carsomyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System will not Boot

1. System will not Boot - Similar Threads - System Boot

2. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  3. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  4. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

6. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat: Al encender la PC me salió ese error, presiono cualquier tecla y vuelve a salir, probé iniciar desde un USB de arranque y queda la pantalla negra con puntos de colores, probé cambiando configuración de arranque en la bios y sigue igual ya no se que hacer....
  7. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat: Al encender la PC me salió ese error, presiono cualquier tecla y vuelve a salir, probé iniciar desde un USB de arranque y queda la pantalla negra con puntos de colores, probé cambiando configuración de arranque en la bios y sigue igual ya no se que hacer....
  8. error 1962 no operating system found. boot sequence will automatically repeat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....
  10. my system did an automatic update and now will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    my system did an automatic update and now will not boot: my system did an automatic windows update. upon completion the system will not restart.I tried resetting it with the power button with no success.Ever since the update, when turning the computer on, the monitor goes to an "HP" logo, and no booting....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.HP.com/go/techcenter/start up

2. foremore information pleace vist http.com techcenter start up