Windows 10: System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

Discus and support System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It was working so great and it would wake up from sleep super fast too, but one day I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moose, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Moose Win User

System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It was working so great and it would wake up from sleep super fast too, but one day I got a BSOD and Windows couldn't start anymore.

So yeah, nothing worked, couldn't fix it in any other way. I had to get it reformatted + clean install of Windows 10. All good except the weird slow boot, but most importantly...

The system will no longer wake up properly after going into sleep or hibernate modes.

Entry in the event viewer (Event ID 41, Kernel Power)
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I can only keep my laptop on or shut it down which is annoying since I always like to use sleep mode. I have been Googling a lot, but nothing I have tried has worked so far. I have played around with the Power settings and tried to troubleshoot them, but no luck. I noticed this problem after the reinstall, when I let my laptop sleep and then it didn't work.

:)

Moose, Sep 21, 2015

2. Widows 10 Power problems

Installed Win 10 on my HP notebook and now it won't wake up from sleep. I have to do a hard restart. Also when I use shut down process it only goes to sleep and then won't wake up. Anyone else having this problem?

RichardCastellano, Sep 21, 2015
  3. J Fay Win User
    Sleep mode does not work after Creators Update (1709)

I also get the weird stripes on waking from sleep. Not a display issue because it also won't respond to keyboard shortcuts to restart or shutdown.

For now I've set it to hibernate instead of sleep, but that option is buried quite deep.

J Fay, Sep 21, 2015
Thema:

System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead

1. System won't wake up from sleep, restarts instead - Similar Threads - System won't wake

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  5. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  6. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep: It's been doing this since a full system reset in March, and I can't figure out why. When it's allowed to go to sleep, on waking usually by me clicking the mouse, the keyboard lights and backlight on the screen come on, go off, come on, go off, and then I get the splash...
  7. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep: It's been doing this since a full system reset in March, and I can't figure out why. When it's allowed to go to sleep, on waking usually by me clicking the mouse, the keyboard lights and backlight on the screen come on, go off, come on, go off, and then I get the splash...
  8. Windows restarts repeatedly instead of waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  10. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...