Windows 10: System_service_exception / Registry_error BSOD

Discus and support System_service_exception / Registry_error BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Started having BSOD/reboot problem yesterday. It seems to happen when the computer is idle and getting ready to turn off peripherals to enter sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Azucho98, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Azucho98 Win User

System_service_exception / Registry_error BSOD

Started having BSOD/reboot problem yesterday. It seems to happen when the computer is idle and getting ready to turn off peripherals to enter sleep mode.

I uploaded the error log...

Not sure what happened. Bad Windows update perhaps?

I ran sfc /scannow and it didn't find any issues. I also ran the power troubleshooter and it didn't find anything.

Thanks for your help!

:)

Azucho98, Feb 11, 2016

2. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

I tried all of the above, but I still get the BSOD. The only thing it tells me REGISTRY_ERROR

I cannot restore my PC as there isn't a restore point.

TheMarkMeister, Feb 11, 2016
  3. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

So my laptop (Lenovo Y50) started getting BSODs again, but this time, the error code is REGISTRY_ERROR

I have no idea what’s causing it, and after searching it up, I have found that there are many causes and solutions for this error code.

In my attempts to troubleshoot/fix the error:

I fixed a windows update that did not install properly, but doing that didn’t fix the BSOD.

I have also tried running a scan using ESET Smart Security, but no threats have been detected.

I used disk cleanup; didn’t work

I really don’t want to Reset my laptop because I have a lot of games and apps installed that I would not like to take the time to reinstall, and I also don't have any Restore points.

I had a previous problem with BSODs with the error code System_Service_Exception, and I fixed it by going to the Microsoft Store, which I really don’t want to do again because it cost money which I don’t have right now.

Extra Info (just in case it’s important):

The BSOD appears once every hour at 37 minutes. It has consistently appeared at the 37 minute mark four times in a row so far (this is what happened when I encountered the System_Service_Exception error), and it doesn’t seem
    to matter what I’m doing at the time.

I can also “skip” the BSOD by setting my clock back 20 minutes, waiting for the 37 minute mark to pass in real time, and then setting the clock back (this was what I did to survive the System_Service_Exception error)

The first time this Registry_Error appeared was when the computer was idle, and the second time was when I was doing homework and using Google Chrome. The third time, I was trying to see if installing a windows update that
    failed to install would work, but obviously it didn’t.

I sort of screwed up my minidump files by accident, so I don't have any that I can provide for now.

Lenovo Y50 Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Graphics Card: NVIDIA(R) GEFORCE(R) GTX

Rosemary027, Feb 11, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

5. Azucho98 Win User
    Malwarebytes and Vipre antivirus scans both came back clean...

I think there might be a bug in the last round of Windows 10 updates. It started right after that.

Azucho98, Feb 11, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    If you configure Windows to not go into sleep mode or turn off monitor, peripherals or something, does the problem still occur?
    *Name: Views: Size: Attachment 63862

7. Azucho98 Win User
    As long as the computer is active it does not BSOD/reboot.

I'll try turning off sleep mode as you suggest above and see what happens. I think it will be fine. Will let you know the results.

Thanks.

Azucho98, Feb 11, 2016
  8. Azucho98 Win User

Just BSOD (System_service_exception) during ESET scan, and after I shut off sleep mode... *Sad

Azucho98, Feb 11, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. Azucho98 Win User
    It's back to normal. I re-installed Windows 10 November update and that solved it.

No idea what it was all about - certainly was strange.

Azucho98, Feb 12, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    It could be a lot of things that caused it, but glad it is solved *Smile

Thema:

1. System_service_exception / Registry_error BSOD - Similar Threads - System_service_exception Registry_error BSOD

2. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR: Hi,Last night I was working on my PC,i have got the blue screen of death before, so when it happened again, i just waited for my PC to restart and be okay again.But then the computer kept getting the same error and it kept restarting after restarting, kept getting the BSOD.It...
  3. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR: Hi,Last night I was working on my PC,i have got the blue screen of death before, so when it happened again, i just waited for my PC to restart and be okay again.But then the computer kept getting the same error and it kept restarting after restarting, kept getting the BSOD.It...
  4. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Registry_error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry_error: Hi, I recently encountered an error with my pc in which im stuck on the start up menu, telling me its an encountered an error and needs to restart, its been looping since it cant even boot, Says its a Registry_error I tried every troubleshooting method iv got, But it...
  6. Infinite loop after BSOD “Registry_Error”, can’t reset

Infinite loop after BSOD “Registry_Error”, can’t reset: Hi. I turned my PC (running windows 10) on this morning but I got a blue screen saying “Your PC ran into a problem. We’ll restart the computer for you”. The error code was “Registry_Error”. The computer is now stuck in an infinite loop. It just keeps restarting over and...
  7. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  8. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  9. BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051)

BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051): Good Evening, So before I blow out my m.2 drive with a new OS, I figured I would attempt and try to fix this issue that started 2 days ago. My system likes to blue screen randomly anywhere from 5 to 120 minutes regardless of idle, gaming or anything. The error is always...
  10. BSOD when idle for 4 minutes, REGISTRY_ERROR

BSOD when idle for 4 minutes, REGISTRY_ERROR: Starting on the 17th, which is how far back the dump files should go, my computer began receiving a BSOD with the error "REGISTRY_ERROR" whenever I would leave it idle for about 4 minutes. Previously I've never had any issues with this computer. Everything's at stock. I'm...