Windows 10: System_thread_exception_not_handled, bsod followed by black screen

Discus and support System_thread_exception_not_handled, bsod followed by black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had the above message on the Blue Screen and when it automatically rebooted, it rebooted 4 times before going into a black screen. I have a (crappy),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ez001, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Ez001 Win User

System_thread_exception_not_handled, bsod followed by black screen

I had the above message on the Blue Screen and when it automatically rebooted, it rebooted 4 times before going into a black screen. I have a (crappy), fairly new Dell Inspiron 3520. I was running Windows 10 on it (yes, I was stupid enough to install it on a laptop that wasn't tested by Dell for Windows 10, that's pretty much my life). It's been fine up until today when that happened.

Any info would be appreciated. I did read the other posts about the almost same issue, minus the black screen. Nothing worked. I can't afford another computer. I took it to Geek Squad but I don't have the money to spare to diagnose, repair. Thanks readers, for your help!

:)

Ez001, Dec 28, 2015

2. Black Screen on Windows 10 Update, followed by freeze at 87%

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my old PC which hasn't been used for some time. I've restored it to factory settings, so at the moment it has Windows 7 Home and is completely clean of everything else (except for Chrome).

When I attempt to install Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, I'm faced with two problems. The first is that the screen goes black quite far through the installation process. I believe it goes black on 75% on the installing updates screen. I've left
    it like this for a number of hours before powering off the PC. When I do this, it resumes the installation and moves up to 87%, at which point it completely freezes. From this point, I don't appear to be able to do anything and have left it for quite some
    time. When I turn it off at this point, it restores Windows 7 and gives me the error below:

0xc1900101 - 0x40017

This is the fifth time I've tried to install, so along the way I have tried the following methods which I've seen on other forum questions, but am having no luck still.

• Disconnected from the internet following the download of Windows 10.
    • Unplugged any USB devices except for the mouse.
    • Checked for any Windows updates and installed.
    • Updated to the latest drivers.
    • Uninstalled my internet security software.
    • Confirmed that I have enough space.

My PC information:

• Packard Bell oneTwo L5871
    • Intel Core i5-2400s
    • 2.50GHz
    • 4gb Ram

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I appreciate similar questions have been asked, though I haven't seen any with both problems in the same installation.

SamJohnsonWeb, Dec 28, 2015
  3. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Ethan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on your system. We will certainly help you.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to kindly follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue and the result of troubleshooting. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Ez001,

Welcome to the 10forums.

This suggestion is something you likely do not want to hear, but my suggestion would be to revert back to the previous installed OS.

5. Ez001 Win User
    THX but with the black screen and no access to desktop etc, I don't know how I can do this. I have the flash drive I was provided by the manufacturer (Dell) but the screen is black. I can try using the flash drive anyway and see if the screen comes up but I don't know anything about this. I would gladly put it back to the original OS. Thanks for your info.

Ez001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System_thread_exception_not_handled, bsod followed by black screen - Similar Threads - System_thread_exception_not_handled bsod followed

2. BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: After a fresh install of Windows 1-2 weeks ago i started getting the BSOD mentioned above usually every other day, i seem to be running programs when it happens but that may be just a coincidence. My specs are: OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: AMD...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hello, I've been having some difficulty with the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD for two days now. I've ran chkdsk, sfc scannow, and a memory diagnotic to determine my problems which all came back inconclusive. I've reinstalled my NVIDIA Geforce 660 GPU and my WD SSD...
  4. BSOD: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

BSOD: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled: Hey. Right, so I finally have had enough of these BSOD's that I've been getting and since anything I've tried to do hasn't helped keeping drivers up-to-date, changing RAM, changing CPU, changing GPU, any dust from inside the computer cleaned, ran Memory Diagnostics although...
  5. Blue screens including the following " SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED; SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE;

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screens including the following " SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED; SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE;: I regularly get several blue screens including the following " SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED; SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE; Please see below link to system info and Minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtIKX_9mVJqWuRejpiIOl9x2UbQI?e=yd9PP2 Please see below link for...
  6. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: I've been encountering BSOD of this type and various others also seen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in the past every once in a while, up to several times a day. I've recently gotten a new MOBO and RAM, so I don't think these are the issues, but am...
  7. Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled

Bsod system_thread_exception_not_handled: I am on Windows 10 pro version 1803. The first time I noticed the system_thread_exception_not_handled BSOD was when I tried to update to the 1909 version when the system does its initial reboot. After that, the update is reverted. However, I have my computer running 24/7...
  8. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Over the last month or so, I have been getting bluescreens or straight up crashes when I turn on my PC/Wake it from hibernate, its honestly getting really annoying to deal with now and I would like to know what is the actual problem with my PC as the BSOD error messages never...
  9. BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD (System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled): I had gone out of station for a couple weeks and when I returned, my desktop refused to boot instead giving a BSOD. I analysed the generated dump file and it states that winquic.sys is responsible for the BSOD. I am able to boot fine in safe mode. Please help me to restore it...
  10. BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled

BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled: Hello there!! did you find any solution?? I have EXACTLY the same problem, I got that BSOD since 3 days already, happening at random times and "Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+c8a88, EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!!)" . but, I have an Asus K53SV with Intel HD3000...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc1900101 1903 75% system thread ecpection not handled