Windows 10: system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys

Discus and support system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i just upgrade from win 10 build 10240 to 10586 and upgrade my nvidia drivers to 362.00 everything looks fine until i try to play any game that use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adhi96, Mar 5, 2016.

1. adhi96 Win User

system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys

i just upgrade from win 10 build 10240 to 10586 and upgrade my nvidia drivers to 362.00 everything looks fine until i try to play any game that use nvidia card then bluescreen appeared with system_thread_exception_not_handled(nvlddmkm.sys)
    i also tried older driver but still no luck
    here is the dump Attachment 68005
    thanks for your help

:)

adhi96, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Rudolfos0 Win User

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys)

So my laptop ran out of memory (16 GB) and screen turned off, everything else was working, fan, disks, etc. So I assumed it must be video card crash.. There were no signs of BSOD, only screen turned off.

So I forced shutdown, when I turned on I checked BSOD logs and found that actually BSOD happened and most likely it was caused again by NVIDIA drivers. (I have posted before of NVIDIA drivers that cause BSODs , they all start with nv.... .sys)

http://i.imgur.com/OMILVMe.png

All my drivers are up to date, all drivers are downloaded from official driver websites - Intel and NVIDIA, because TOSHIBA Laptop drivers haven't been updated for 3 years.

Minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMGow1YsigMhSSPvohFGPNGCsb7

Some screenshots from event viewer:

http://i.imgur.com/US7tYGF.png

http://i.imgur.com/quWYgOv.png

http://i.imgur.com/rPxEpVz.png

http://i.imgur.com/K3NtrhT.png

http://i.imgur.com/QSFtVpu.png

http://i.imgur.com/j4U4Nfe.png

Sadly this forum is a incapable of detecting image links.

Would it be a better idea to downgrade newest drivers to the ones compatible with Windows 8.1 ? ...

Rudolfos0, Mar 5, 2016
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys)

Hi Rudolph,

If the BSOD issue was caused by hardware malfunctioning, we recommend performing the troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Check for updates. Many stop errors can be fixed by updating Windows. In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Update, then select Windows Update. On the Windows Update
      page, select Check for updates.
    • Remove hardware. Unplug unnecessary external hardware (printers, webcams, additional monitors, etc.) and see if the stop error is fixed.
    • Remove software. Some stop errors can be caused by apps or other software. Select the Startbutton, then select Settings
      > System > Apps & features . Select Sort by name and change it to Sort by install date. Select
      a recently installed or unnecessary app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Michelle Vil, Mar 5, 2016
  4. system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys

Hello adhi96 and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

I would recommend that install Revo Uninstaller free and uninstall everything from nvidia, reboot and then install fresh drivers!

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 6, 2016
  5. adhi96 Win User
    tried that and still bluescreen
    here is another dump
    Attachment 68051

adhi96, Mar 6, 2016
  6. Then I would recommend that you try and do a BIOS update! In the eventlog there are a couple of warnings given about that there seems to be some kind of issue with the current BIOS, please visit:
    Asus/X450JF

Cheers, Boris *Smile

7. adhi96 Win User
    actually i have updated the bios yesterday to 219 but still the same bluescreen appeared

adhi96, Mar 6, 2016
  8. system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys

Okay well then I would recommend that you use these drivers for the time being or just any drivers that you remember that didn't cause any problems:
    361.91 - WHQL

Cheers, Boris *Smile

9. adhi96 Win User
    at first it's worked, but when i was about to finish the test well the bluescreen showed up again
    i'm getting desperate here, i think i just gonna reinstall the windows because the bluescreen appeared after i upgrade the windows

adhi96, Mar 6, 2016
  10. Yeah that might be smart, some laptops are having big issues when upgrading to Windows10, my laptop is a perfect example every time I move the mouse the screen flickers and Windows also installs the wrong drivers etc.

11. adhi96 Win User
    ok then time to reinstall the windows, thank you very much for your help i really appreciate it

adhi96, Mar 6, 2016
  12. Yeah no problem you're most welcome, if you need more help don't be afraid to ask!

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys

1. system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod with nvlddmkm.sys - Similar Threads - system_thread_exception_not_handled bsod nvlddmkm

2. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  3. BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sys: Hi, I have just had a couple of my users which a BSOD with the error: system_thread_exception_not_handled What failed: RTKVHD64.sysI have the Memory.dmp file, can anyone open it and see what may have caused the issue?...
  4. BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys

BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED caused by driver lvrs64.sys: As the title says, I have been encountering two same BSODs that is caused by one driver lvrs64.sys that happens to be Logitech driver from the external webcam that I bought for my laptop, Logitech C270, since my built-in webcam is broken. Please tell me if there are any...
  5. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys

BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys: Dear all, Received BSOD a few times now with the above mentioned error. Followed the tip of 3d party accessories but just runnnig laptop with nothing connected gives the BSOD as well. I got word that with DMP files you would be able to find a culprit? Anyone know how that...
  6. Acer Aspire BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Qcamain10x64.sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Acer Aspire BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Qcamain10x64.sys: Hi, I've been having an issue with my computer (Acer Aspire R5-471T) bluescreening randomly; sometimes I'm not even at the computer, with nothing running, and the wifi driver will still crash and result in a bluescreen with stopcode SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED with...
  7. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys: This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest non-insider updates for windows 10, as well as video drivers. This seems to happen randomly, as note. Ranging from watching a...
  8. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys: This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to...
  9. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys: Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a...
  10. system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys

system_thread_exception_not_handled: what failed: igdkmd64.sys: Dell Optiplex790 USFF desktop with onboard Intel graphics, Win 10. In the last week a BSOD has randomly popped up about several times when I've been using FireFox. No game playing. In last case I was simply composing a post on a forum The system reboots and "fixes" itself,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system thread exception not handled nvlddmkm.sys nvidia