Windows 10: System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

Discus and support System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Asellia, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Asellia Win User

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

This is a custom built computer, these errors happened starting around late november, after the november update if that helps. I am on the latest non-insider updates for windows 10, as well as video drivers.

This seems to happen randomly, as note. Ranging from watching a video in media player classic (or media player), being on youtube, a game launcher being open, playing games (SWTOR, and starbound it's happened in so far), when browsing web in chrome (Which is also updated, as note).

It happens at random intervals too. Could play a game for 8 hours with no issue, or crash in 8 minutes.

:)

Asellia, Dec 29, 2015
  2. akwaco Win User

I have had four or five of these messages today with the BSOD, and an automatic restart.

Previously not had any problems.

I have a 64-bit HP Pavillion desktop computer, with Windows 10.

How does a total non-tech person get this fixed?

akwaco, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Teddy2016 Win User

Hi!

I think it is the new flash update. It only happen to me while using IE.

Teddy2016, Dec 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Asellia,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What driver versions have you tried currently for your graphics?
    If it is the newest version, 361.43, try rolling back the drivers.
    Driver Rollback | NVIDIA
    Code: Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_CPU_HOST_APERTURE::UnmapRange+3a ) 7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkmstart end module name fffff800`cf870000 fffff800`d048b000 nvlddmkm (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Wed Dec 16 15:03:30 2015 (56716F32) CheckSum: 00BE13AE ImageSize: 00C1B000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

5. Asellia Win User
    Hi. I haven't tried downgrading drivers yet (Er, rather, I had, but several of the games I'm trying to play and can't because of this bluescreen no longer launch, saying I need newer nvidia drivers-- so er.. sort of counter intuitive I suppose. I can give it a try if it helps with troubleshooting). I uninstalled the daemon tools/the sptd, I ran SWTOR for 4 and a half hours before it bluescreened. I'll upload a minidump, curious if it'll say anything different.

Edit: as a note, I am not sure how far to downgrade them. These started around the november update, and several threads on the issue I've read state similar. Some suggest downgrading to windows 8.1 drivers, but ones that old render me unable to play many games I frequent, so it's sort of problematic. I can downgrade to those if necessary for testing! How will I know for sure it's not bluescreening though?

Asellia, Jan 1, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The last dump hasn't been copied.
    Please check C:\Windows\Minidump for the dump of 1 January, select the dump > copy > zip and upload the zip,

axe0, Jan 1, 2016
  7. Asellia Win User
    It wasn't? I can see the .dmp in the zip when I d/led it. Well, here's the .dmp file that I copied into a new zip file. Hopefully this is it! This is the one from yesterday.

Asellia, Jan 1, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

What slot do you have the GPU in?
    Attachment 56624

Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

axe0, Jan 1, 2016
  9. Asellia Win User
    If those ones are from my board (My dad helped make this, if i need to get into the hardware he can help (I am an adult, he's just the computer tech--)), mine is on the bottom-most pci 2.0. Its in the middle slot on the back of my case. The bottom-most pci x16 was too close to bottom of case for a double thick card like mine.

As far as the GPU test, I did 30minutes with no issues, once I adjusted my fan curve to aggressive (For some reason it was set not to go above 50% fan speed unless it hit 90c). After that, I ran 30minutes with no issue, loomed at 72ish. Worked perfectly!

Asellia, Jan 2, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please try to put the GPU to the other PCIe 2.0 and let me know how it goes.

Thema:

1. System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys - Similar Threads - System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2 sys

2. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2: Hi recently i get BSOD on my laptop and i don't what's the problem. Can you check my minidump files that i share below?Laptop Specs :Device name OMEN 15Processor AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 32,0 GB 31,4 GB usable System type 64-bit operating...
  3. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys on Windows 11 23H2: Hi recently i get BSOD on my laptop and i don't what's the problem. Can you check my minidump files that i share below?Laptop Specs :Device name OMEN 15Processor AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 32,0 GB 31,4 GB usable System type 64-bit operating...
  4. SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys: why Iam I getting this error????????SYSTEM_EXCEPTION(dxgmms2.sys) when Iam playing euro truck on my computer and how can i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/systemexceptiondxgmms2sys/5925ee55-ab6e-462e-953c-c17bd12cee33
  5. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  6. Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a BSOD with the error "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", dxgmms2.sys is the...: have 2 monitors, using main 3440x1440 + 3840x2160 as second monitor. have had no problems until recently. the problem is when i play games on the main monitor and have video content on the second monitor ……….………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. The BSOD occurs...
  7. BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys

BSOD while using VLC - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE dxgmms2.sys: This was a BSOD that I had a a few months ago, before I installed the Creaters update. If anyone is familiar with the VLC media player program , I was using the clone feature to test CPU/GPU performance. I set the value to 100 then my computer ran into a BSOD. I tried to...
  8. BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys

BSOD featuring dxgmms2.sys: Got another BSOD earlier tonight, this time with dxgmms2.sys cited onscreen. 85143
  9. System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys)

System_Service_Exception(dxgmms2.sys): Hello there guys, this has been bugging from a while now. I have been pulling my hair out and cannot seem to find the defect. It happens when I play AC:Revelations and it happens randomly I think, even though I haven't tested it out on anything specific just thought you guys...
  10. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - dxgmms2.sys: Hi, I've encountered this BSOD while gaming since I upgraded my home computer to Windows 10 back in October 2015. I've been in contact with Nvidia's support but they pretty much blamed Microsoft and since they can't recreate the problem they're unable to help. There's a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Failed = dxgmms2.eye