Windows 10: systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

Discus and support systray hidden icons disappear when moused over in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when rebooted this issue does not happen. After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Feb 13, 2016.

1. ruggb Win User

systray hidden icons disappear when moused over

when rebooted this issue does not happen.
    After some time, if I open the hidden systray menu, most of them will disappear as I mouse over them.
    I do not know if it is triggered by opening a program, a background program, time, or whatever.

any clues will be helpful.

:)

ruggb, Feb 13, 2016

2. Your email and accounts only showing dots

Hello,

I get dots at the accounts setting option (windows 10) of "Your email and accounts." I ran DSIM amd SFC wihtout error. Onedrive launchs on the computer, but the systray icon disappears when I hover the mouse over it. I need help.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Lewis, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Missing battery icon Windows 10

Had the same problem, battery icon disappeared from systray with the installation of Windows 10. I powered down and restarted my laptop, battery icon back in systray. Hope this helps.

B. Lawrence II, Feb 13, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Is it possible to do a system restore and pick a date when you did NOT have this problem as your restore point ?

System Restore Windows 10

I realize you might not know when this problem started. That is why I asked if it is possible.

davidhk, Feb 13, 2016
  5. banger Win User
    Sounds like the programs are crashing and leaving the icon until moused over. What programs are we talking about?

banger, Feb 13, 2016
  6. ruggb Win User
    I did not record them, I will try to next time it happens. I will also chk "whatsrunning" to see if they stopped.

ruggb, Feb 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Suggestions only :
    1. Run a full virus can with the anti-virus program you have installed. Make sure you have a clean bill of health.
    2. Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. systray hidden icons disappear when moused over - Similar Threads - systray hidden icons

2. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  3. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  4. Mouse Icon Disappearing

Mouse Icon Disappearing: My PC is running on Windows 11. All of a sudden the Mouse Icon disappears for a second and lags. Also when the mouse icon disappears it makes pendrive insert and eject sound. Usually it happens when i move the mouse icon on the top right or bottom right of the screen and...
  5. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  6. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  7. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. W10 systray items not grouped hidden?

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 systray items not grouped hidden?: On my W10 desktop PC, in the systray area, many icons especially those used not often are grouped in a little box that can be clicked open to view all the icons stored there. On my W10 laptop, every systray icon is always visible all the time. Anyone know what's with that?...
  9. Can't mouse over systray popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't mouse over systray popups: Since the Windows 10 May 2020 update, I experience the following on my Lenovo laptop: If I click any icon in the systray that causes a popup to appear above it, which in my case means battery status, volume control, wi-fi, and clock and also the Action Center, which slides...
  10. Hidden taskbar not showing on mouse over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden taskbar not showing on mouse over: ChrisVroon: "The problem occurs when the scaling change the size of text, apps, etc is set to a level higher than 125%. Any value up to 125% is fine, but 150% and over cause the taskbar to stay hidden the exact value might vary with the display resolution you set." I just...