Windows 10: Tabbing In and Out of Fullscreen Games takes a Long Time

Discus and support Tabbing In and Out of Fullscreen Games takes a Long Time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, So I have laptop with specs that should run most games perfectly fine: i7 8gb ram (2 4gb cards) nvidia 970m 1tb hdd 7200rpm But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdaJones, Aug 16, 2017.

1. AdaJones Win User

Tabbing In and Out of Fullscreen Games takes a Long Time

Hi,

So I have laptop with specs that should run most games perfectly fine:

i7
    8gb ram (2 4gb cards)
    nvidia 970m
    1tb hdd 7200rpm

But recently (may have began after a windows 10 update but i cant remember) my comp has been taking huge amounts of time to tab out and especially to tab back into fullscreen games. I would say on average it takes about 30-45 seconds to tab back in which if you actually imagine clicking to tab back in and waiting that long, causes huge issues. I cannot remember exactly when it started but I don't think there was an issue when I was last at college so maybe 3 or 4 months ago. It would tab in and out in a second or two.

I am not looking for a solution such as playing in modes other than fullscreen (windowed, etc) since I have a good comp and should not have to do that to begin with. I have many friends with weaker specs (i5's, lower gpu, etc) who do not have this issue but also do not have an SSD.

I have ordered an SSD but I honestly would like a fix other than that if anyone has any ideas. I've seen this question posted in a lot of different places but haven't found a strong answer.

:)

AdaJones, Aug 16, 2017
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Booting takes a long time and services time out on startup (Event ID 7000 and 7009) after November update

Hi,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about your concern. Kindly provide us the following details so we can isolate your concern and provide the appropriate resolution for it:

• Are you still able to login on the computer after receiving the error?
    • Can you send us a screenshot or picture of the message that you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 16, 2017
  3. Booting takes a long time and services time out on startup (Event ID 7000 and 7009) after November update

On Windows 10 build 16299.125, booting takes a long time, and system auto-start services like time-out (Event ID 7000 and 7009). Anyone else have this problem or a fix?

HowdyGents, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Ze H Win User

start your computer then start task manager and look and see if anything is taking up most of something if so what programs are they

5. AdaJones Win User
    No everything is perfectly normal. Just the things that I am using take up resources but nothing substantial.

AdaJones, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tabbing In and Out of Fullscreen Games takes a Long Time - Similar Threads - Tabbing Fullscreen Games

2. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  3. Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tabbed File explorer sidebar takes a long time to load: Soon after receiving the update to add tabs to the file explorer, the sidebar takes quite a while to load. Often it will take up to around 10 seconds to load the sidebar with all my pinned locations.I notice this issue whenever I open the file explorer, open a new tab in file...
  4. tab-out fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab-out fullscreen apps: Have noticed random alt+tabs since two weeks, Im not pressing buttonshappening on every fullscreen apps, rarely but its impact online gaming experience like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 19, Rainbow Six: Siege & Destiny 2I have multi monitor setup, all details about my setup is...
  5. tab-out fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tab-out fullscreen apps: Have noticed random alt+tabs since two weeks, Im not pressing buttonshappening on every fullscreen apps, rarely but its impact online gaming experience like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 19, Rainbow Six: Siege & Destiny 2I have multi monitor setup, all details about my setup is...
  6. When i tab in fullscreen game it tabs me out instanstly

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i tab in fullscreen game it tabs me out instanstly: When i start games that are in fullscreen mode it automatically tabs me out and when i want to tab back in it tabs me out again.I reseted my whole PC to factory settings and it doesnt fix my problem...
  7. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  8. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.: So recently i have been playing rainbow six siege a lot but my experience has been kind of ruined by this weird alt tab that keeps happening. It usually happens when i flick fast and click. I think my cursor somehow does something even tho its fullscreen and ive been testing...
  9. Unable to Tab out of Fullscreen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Tab out of Fullscreen Games: Hello, When I had Windows 7 I was able to press the Windows key to tab out of Fullscreen Games and Applications. With Windows 10 I am unable to tab out of Fullscreen Games and Applications. Is there a setting or something that I am missing? I have tried everything, Please...
  10. Tabbing back into fullscreen games takes forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tabbing back into fullscreen games takes forever: Hi, So I have laptop with specs that should run most games perfectly fine: i7 8gb ram (2 4gb cards) nvidia 970m 1tb hdd 7200rpm But recently (may have began after a windows 10 update but i cant remember) my comp has been taking huge amounts of time to tab out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game takes long time to tab out when in fullscreen