Windows 10: Tablet BSOD while sleeping

Discus and support Tablet BSOD while sleeping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have BSOD issues of a tablet of mine (Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140). Newest Bios is installed, also all (new) available drivers. I have two last dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gorgor, Aug 5, 2017.

1. gorgor Win User

Tablet BSOD while sleeping

I have BSOD issues of a tablet of mine (Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140). Newest Bios is installed, also all (new) available drivers. I have two last dump files, which are though 550MB each, so I cant upload them here. I followed the tutorial of getting information from WinDbg, which I will present here, in the hope someone sees anything from the following information maybe. Would welcome any help of identifying the issue.

:)

gorgor, Aug 5, 2017

2. Various BSOD after sleep

After sleeping the machine it becomes unstable sometimes and after a while crashes with different BSOD reasons. This only seems to happen if I sleep the machine it's only ever BSOD'd once without sleeping it.

Rob-Does-Microsoft, Aug 5, 2017
  3. No email notifications when in sleep mode

This did not seem to solve my problem. I'm assuming from these responses that my tablet should give me an audible notification when an email arrives while the tablet is in sleep mode? Is this confirmed?

RandyKesselring, Aug 5, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Aug 5, 2017
  5. gorgor Win User
    I will Totally not change my Windows language... I am sure they show fine information. Look at the txt file. It is all ENGLISH but one line "EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS)", which is irrelevant. I posted debug files before on here and never had to change my Windows language.

Also you dont need to link me links I already read, know, and I followed to include the wanted zip file of the tool.

Can axe0 please look at this issue. He knows what he does and is the most knowledged helper here. I never had to change my Windows language, he always was able to use and read the log files.

gorgor, Aug 5, 2017
  6. Hi,

for better help the bsod analysts need to have a look at eventlog.txt. There are a lot of relevant informations about system behavior. Thats why zbook asks for it. Unfortunately the windows eventlog is always OS language. The problem at this point is, that we cannot search for specific keyword like "disk" because in your case, it would be "festplatte".

BSODHunter, Aug 6, 2017
  7. gorgor Win User
    I did post before on here, and NEVER were the language any issues. All they need is the mini dump file to put into their Windbg. Thats it. Then they still can look later into those other files (if needed). It is totally NOT NECESSARY. So I have to debug now on my own or what? It doesnt seem to be a driver problem:

Probably caused by : hardware_disk
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (154)
    PROCESS_NAME: MemCompression

Those three lines are the first important hint, and thats proper English, at least to me, no? It seems the SSD is "disconnecting" for whatever reason for while in deep sleep, and I assume Windows wants to go hibernate at some point, and this is where the BSOD happens. Or it's still another faulty driver, I cant see from the Windbg log though any hints for that. There are no new driver anyway though, all are the "newest" from the Dell page, some are from 2015 or even 2013 but marked as Windows 10 compatible.

gorgor, Aug 6, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Hello gorgor *Smile

You are right - there is a lot that we can do without needing you to change the language. I have never needed to ask for this and if necessary can ask for specific translations or use Google translate.

The two recent BSOD are hardware_disk related as you point out. Try running the HD Tune diagnostic on your tablet SSD and see if it shows up any problems.

Tablet BSOD while sleeping [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Tablet BSOD while sleeping [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

The mini-dumps do not provide any clues as to whether a driver might be causing this. You mentioned that you had saved the memory.dmp files. If you can share them via OneDrive or Dropbox that could be helpful.

philc43, Aug 6, 2017
  9. gorgor Win User
    The "HDD" is fine... it is a SSD. It shows 100% SMART health (230GB written total), there is no other issue with it, the bsod doesnt happen in using Windows, just sleep (randomly).

gorgor, Aug 6, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    HD Tune works well with SSDs which was why I suggested it. I can tell from the eventlogs that your system disk C:\ is errorfree but HDtune can sometimes reveal early warning signs that are not picked up by Windows.

You also did not comment on my request for sharing the memory.dmp files. There are commands we can use in WinDBG that will allow us to explore more details from the kernel memory dump.

philc43, Aug 6, 2017
  11. gorgor Win User
    MEGA

gorgor, Aug 6, 2017
  12. This is from MEMORY.DMP:

Code: 0x00000154: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (6.08.2017 08:57:43) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: hardware_disk dump_iaStorA.sys [17.11.2015] * driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation * Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver PROCESS: MemCompression[/quote]
    Like the two other minidumps, memory.dmp show hardware_disk too.

There are errors in windows eventlog too which indictate a problem with disk/disk controller/controller driver...:

Code: 2017-07-30 19:00:09 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-30 22:08:38 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-30 22:48:24 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-30 23:07:25 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-31 00:39:25 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-31 00:51:08 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-31 12:05:07 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-07-31 16:01:38 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-01 15:13:45 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-02 09:27:13 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-02 13:01:52 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-03 12:58:17 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-03 22:04:52 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-03 22:19:23 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-03 23:26:14 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-04 01:21:36 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-04 09:20:07 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-04 12:52:29 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-04 12:54:09 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-05 00:00:59 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-05 15:11:15 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben.[/quote] Code: 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Bei einem Auslagerungsvorgang wurde ein Fehler festgestellt. Betroffen ist Gerät \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Bei einem Auslagerungsvorgang wurde ein Fehler festgestellt. Betroffen ist Gerät \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Die Daten konnten nicht in das Transaktionsprotokoll verschoben werden. Die Daten sind möglicherweise beschädigt: Volume-ID: "C:", Gerätename: "\Device\HarddiskVolume4".(Ein nicht vorhandenes Gerät wurde angegeben.) 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Bei einem Auslagerungsvorgang wurde ein Fehler festgestellt. Betroffen ist Gerät \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Bei einem Auslagerungsvorgang wurde ein Fehler festgestellt. Betroffen ist Gerät \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. 2017-08-05 19:18:15 Warnung: Bei einem Auslagerungsvorgang wurde ein Fehler festgestellt. Betroffen ist Gerät \Device\Harddisk0\DR0. 2017-08-05 19:19:35 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben. 2017-08-06 03:42:20 Warnung: Ein Zurücksetzen auf Gerät "\Device\RaidPort0" wurde ausgegeben.[/quote]
    At 30.07.2017 the SATA AHCI driver version was installed.

Code: Event[575]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-07-30T02:03:12.834 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Informationen Opcode: N/A Keyword: Klassisch User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT-AUTORITÄT\SYSTEM Computer: mkdr-V11 Description: Im System wurde ein Dienst installiert. Dienstname: iaStorA Dienstdateiname: System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys Diensttyp: Kernelmodustreiber Dienststarttyp: Bootstart Dienstkonto:[/quote] Code: Name Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Hersteller Intel Corporation Status OK PNP-Gerätekennung PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C83&SUBSYS_066B1028&REV_03\3&11583659&0&FA E/A-Port 0x0000F0B0-0x0000F0B7 E/A-Port 0x0000F0A0-0x0000F0A3 E/A-Port 0x0000F090-0x0000F097 E/A-Port 0x0000F080-0x0000F083 E/A-Port 0x0000F060-0x0000F07F Speicheradresse 0xF721D000-0xF721D7FF IRQ-Kanal IRQ 4294967294 Treiber c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastora.sys (14.8.1.1043, 1,40 MB (1.468.416 Bytes), 30.07.2017 01:35)[/quote]
    Actual version on your system is 14.8.1.1043. Since u have installed the newest version maybe u can try an older one? But I dont know if this helps.

Another thing u can try is the check the Firmware from the SSD. Found something on this site:
    Support für Venue 7140 Pro | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

It seems its an known problem with bluescreens and the SanDisk X110. U should update its firmware:
    SanDisk SSD X110 M.2 2260 Firmware ver. X232512 Treiberdetails | Dell Deutschland

Code: Diese Firmware-Version (232512) behebt einen BSOD-Fehler, der aufgrund von Überschneidungen der gesendeten Signale unter Firmware-Version X231312 oder X232112 gelegentlich auftritt.[/quote]
    Code: This FW version (X232512) fixes a BSOD issue that may occasionally happens due to cross talk in the transmission signals on FW version X231312 or X232112.[/quote]

BSODHunter, Aug 6, 2017
  13. gorgor Win User

Like I said... this looks to me, that the ssd "lost connection" aka, turned off / lost stable power, while the tablet was sleeping. An indicator to me is that Windows says E/A error and a device was not there which should be "Ein nicht vorhandenes Gerät wurde angegeben". I doubt the SSD is actually broken. I read in another thread somewhere, this might be related to "Link Power Managment" of AHCI/PCIe, which you can actually disable in the Intel tool. But when I do this, the Tablet drains the battery in sleep mode, and shows 0% HW sleep with powercfg. Should I maybe remove the Intel storage driver and use Windows default AHCI driver?

gorgor, Aug 6, 2017
  14. adding stuff above, please wait till im done

BSODHunter, Aug 6, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    Hi gorgor,

I do not want to fight against you, but the dumps are not the only thing we need in order for us to properly troubleshoot your issue.

You mentioned "EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS)" being irrelevant. The exception code gives us the reason why the BSOD was called, multiple exception codes that are the same point to something. It often means a memory violation occured, 0xc00005, which in result gives immediately 2 options, the RAM is bad or a driver is bad. If a driver is bad it is often mentioned somewhere in the dump, if not we know from the exception code where to start. This is the reason why it is relevant *Smile

Why do we need other information besides dumps?
    - The eventlog, it contains a lot of information. For example, often we see hard drives that fail. Very often we can't say from dumps if a drive fails, because when hardware fails it often results in various of BSOD error codes. In such cases we use the eventlog to find anything relevant to connect to the BSOD error codes and identify the drive possibly failing.
    - Files like msinfo32, installed, uninstalled, systeminfo, etc.
    These files contain all different kind of information. Drivers are part of programs, like security programs or programs which help you control your mouse via the USB. Without files as drivers.txt, msinfo32, uninstalled.txt, dxdiag.txt or other files we cannot determine from which program the driver comes from that may be at fault.

I hope to have explained why we need not only dumps, but the other files as well *Smile

Thema:

1. Tablet BSOD while sleeping - Similar Threads - Tablet BSOD while

2. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  3. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  4. While you are sleeping !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While you are sleeping !: Hi again, I have asked a similar question before ! Is it possible to set the maintenance schedule and updating throughout the night so I awake to "all done etc" ? I realise I would have to leave my laptop plugged in and set to sleep, also set to auto start my updates but...
  5. While you are sleeping !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    While you are sleeping !: Hi again, I have asked a similar question before ! Is it possible to set the maintenance schedule and updating throughout the night so I awake to "all done etc" ? I realise I would have to leave my laptop plugged in and set to sleep, also set to auto start my updates but...
  6. Getting BSOD while using drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD while using drawing tablet: I was doing some work using a drawing tablet Huion H640P and 30 seconds-1 minute in, I got a BSOD with stop code: RESOURCE_NOT_OWNED. I've updated Windows & the tablet driver, and I could do my work for several minutes, until I got the same BSOD again.Here is my dmp files:...
  7. Not downloading while sleeps.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not downloading while sleeps.: My downloads continues when my laptop is open. But when i go to sleep mode my downloads became pause. I have changed my power plan settings,also changed additional power settings.But nothing working !!!...
  8. BSOD Ntfs.sys after sleep mode while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Ntfs.sys after sleep mode while idle: Hello, When my pc has restarted or booted from shut down there is no issue. But everytime my system has came from sleep mode after 10 minutes up to a few hours it BSOD. 99% of the time it is on the ntfs.sys Network driver. Sometimes it is an ndis.sys BSOD. I have...
  9. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  10. BSOD/Bugcheck while sleeping, AC plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD/Bugcheck while sleeping, AC plugged in: Hello, I just bought a used Dell Latitude E7450 laptop (256GB SSD, 8GB RAM). Last night, I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and downloaded all the official drivers from the Dell site and installed them. So I don't know if this was a problem while on Windows 7 Pro, or if it...