Windows 10: [TABLET] Could not find the recovery environment

Discus and support [TABLET] Could not find the recovery environment in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. It originally ran Windows 8.1, when I bought it, but I made the free upgrade. It's mostly worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CallMeSmash, Dec 15, 2015.

1. [TABLET] Could not find the recovery environment

I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. It originally ran Windows 8.1, when I bought it, but I made the free upgrade. It's mostly worked fine, with a few Windows 10-related quirks here and there. However, more recently, I've decided to give it away to a close friend of mine, as I've got a new tablet, and I want to factory reset it...So that they can have a fresh tablet, you know? Anyways, it's not worked, no matter what I've tried, and I've looked on the internet, but no one has my specific problem. I can't use external hardware on it. No recovery flash drive, no recovery CD, nothing. I can only use the tablet itself, a pair of headphones, or the tablet's charger. Also, for the record, I can't plug the charger up to my computer, because the tablet considers itself a computer. The charger won't even work if I plug it's USB portion into my PC. It just doesn't charge, then. You see, the charger is phone charger-esque on one end, and the other end is a USB that plugs into a wall-adapter (the cord and the adapter came with the tablet). Also, I've no money for purchasing new versions of windows or special recovery options. So, does this mean the tablet is useless, and I can only give it away as is? Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

CallMeSmash, Dec 15, 2015

2. [TABLET][Win10] Could not find the recovery environment

Hey there, everyone. I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. It originally ran Windows 8.1, when I bought it, but I made the free upgrade. It's mostly worked fine, with a few Windows 10-related
    quirks here and there. However, more recently, I've decided to give it away to a close friend of mine, as I've got a new tablet, and I want to factory reset it. So that they can have a fresh tablet, you know? Anyways, it's not worked, no matter what I've tried,
    and I've looked on the internet, but no one has my specific problem. I can't use external hardware on it. No recovery flash drive, no recovery CD, nothing. I can only use the tablet
    itself, a pair of headphones, or the tablet's charger. Also, for the record, I can't plug the charger up to my computer, because the tablet considers itself a computer. The charger won't
    even work if I plug it's USB portion into my PC. It just doesn't charge, then. You see, the charger is phone charger-esque on one end, and the other end is a USB that plugs into a wall-adapter (the cord and the adapter came with the tablet). Also, I've no
    money for purchasing new versions of windows or special recovery options. So, does this mean the tablet is useless, and I can only give it away as is? Any help is greatly appreciated. And
    a huge thanks to anyone who can help me even a little bit.

RyanParkerson, Dec 15, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    [TABLET][Win10] Could not find the recovery environment

Hi,

You're pretty much going to need to hook up stuff externally to reinstall anything...

It is likely that Win 10 has deleted the needed partition to restore to factory...

You should be able to look in Disk management and find out...

There should be an extra partition of around 4GB...

You MIGHT still be able to go to Update and Recovery and select the option to Restore it to Factory without any external stuff hooked up... All you can really do is try...

The issue with the external stuff is that if you need to do something at boot... you can't... There is no on screen keyboard available...

Sometimes there may be access to one, but not by touch... you need a keyboard and mouse...

The only way to do that is with a USB Hub and a microUSB to standard flat FEMALE USB adapter...

You would also ned to make sure your battery is fully charged before you start...

You can't use the charger and the other stuff at the same time

slance310, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

[TABLET] Could not find the recovery environment

1. [TABLET] Could not find the recovery environment - Similar Threads - TABLET find recovery

2. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  3. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  4. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  6. Could not find the recovery environment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  7. Could not find the recovery environment

Could not find the recovery environment: Hi, I've been wanting to reset my laptop for a while now and the other day I tried to do it, but when I clicked reset this PC Windows said that it could not find the recovery environment. I tried to enable it but that didn't work and when I go to System32/Recovery/ only...
  8. Could not find the recovery environment

Could not find the recovery environment: I can't reset my computer - it says "Could not find the recovery environment" even though it was always there and still is. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  9. "Could not find the recovery environment."

"Could not find the recovery environment.": I'm trying to reset my pc and it keeps giving me this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/7fb25aa2-515e-4e2c-a144-ae79645eba9d
  10. Could not find recovery environment

Could not find recovery environment: Hello I had moved windows from HDD to an SSD using a third party program and lost the windows recovery environment and now i trying to gain access by making a recovery media. i have asus laptop and i need to make recovery but i need asus package ?? how can make it...