Windows 10: Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question

Discus and support Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. When I brought up Google, and clicked the inbox, the onscreen keyboard would appear at the bottom of the screen, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Jul 25, 2017.

1. JeffL Win User

Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question

I had a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. When I brought up Google, and clicked the inbox, the onscreen keyboard would appear at the bottom of the screen, and the Google page would change so that the inbox was visible above the keyboard. I'm talking about landscape mode.

I have a new Lenovo tablet, and when I click on the Google inbox, the onscreen keyboard comes up, but the Google page does not change, so the keyboard covers the inbox.

There has to be a setting somewhere (Windows, Google, Browser?) that will make it work again (showing the inbox above the keyboard), but I have no idea where.

Does anyone know?

:)

JeffL, Jul 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 password in tablet mode

I have an HP 2-in-1 running Windows 10. With the keyboard attached, everything works as advertised. In the tablet mode, without the keyboard, if I turn it on from cold, it asks for a login PIN or password, but I cannot find how to get an onscreen keyboard,
    so I cannot log on to it. The onscreen keyboard works in the laptop mode, but not in the tablet mode, unless you are already logged on!

Mike Whittle, Jul 25, 2017
  3. pop up key board does not appear?

This is a 2 in 1 laptop the keyboard is detachable and using as tablet onscreen keyboard should pop up and it doesnt

HowardMatthews, Jul 25, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jul 25, 2017
  5. JeffL Win User
    Mine is a little different. It says "Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's not keyboard attached".

I'm not using "Tablet Mode", but what happens is, with that setting turned on, the keyboard will pop up when I click the inbox, with the setting turned off, the keyboard will not pop up.

I want the keyboard to pop up, but on my previous tablet, when the keyboard popped up, the Google display would change behind the keyboard, so that the Google inbox was in the clear and viable above the keyboard.

JeffL, Jul 25, 2017
  6. JeffL Win User
    Checking further, I found that the desirable effect I described occurs when using the Chrome browser. I thought it worked that way with Netscape too, but maybe I'm having false memories. *Sad

JeffL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tablet - Google - Onscreen Keyboard question - Similar Threads - Tablet Google Onscreen

2. Turn off Onscreen Keyboard when in tablet mode if a bluetooth keyboard is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Onscreen Keyboard when in tablet mode if a bluetooth keyboard is connected.: When I put my X1 Yoga in "tablet mode" BUT am also using a Bluetooth Keyboard, I still get the onscreen keyboard popping up everywhere.The ability to disable tablet mode regardless of my convertible configuration is incredibly necessary.Tablet mode should at least recognize...
  3. Turn off Onscreen Keyboard when in tablet mode if a bluetooth keyboard is connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Onscreen Keyboard when in tablet mode if a bluetooth keyboard is connected.: When I put my X1 Yoga in "tablet mode" BUT am also using a Bluetooth Keyboard, I still get the onscreen keyboard popping up everywhere.The ability to disable tablet mode regardless of my convertible configuration is incredibly necessary.Tablet mode should at least recognize...
  4. onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    onscreen keyboard: I have a Dell Latitude 7220 tablet using Windows 10. The device is currently in tablet mode and the onscreen keyboard will not deploy. The keyboard icon is visible in the bottom right hand corner, but nothing happens when you click on it. I have gone in the keyboard settings...
  5. Onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onscreen keyboard: My keyboard has been spoiled and I used onscreen keyboard to type before upgrading from windows 7 to 10 but now the onscreen keyboard types the same like my corrupted keyboard. When I type 2 it shows @ shift values for all the numbers and symbols If I on caps lock it shows...
  6. Onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onscreen keyboard: How do I get rid of the onscreen keyboard? It appears during the bootup sequence. Since I use the regular keyboard, I have to manually close it several times a session. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onscreen-keyboard/854646e3-61b5-40d0-a1b6-168630438043
  7. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  8. No onscreen keyboard on tablet after latest upgrade - can't sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    No onscreen keyboard on tablet after latest upgrade - can't sign in: Last chance before my Linx 7 tablet becomes a paperweight: I don't use the tablet much but it was fine yesterday. It downloaded and installed the September release (before either of our 2 laptops has received it!) but when it finally returned to the windows screen and I...
  9. No onscreen keyboard on tablet after latest upgrade - can't sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No onscreen keyboard on tablet after latest upgrade - can't sign in: Last chance before my Linx 7 tablet becomes a paperweight: I don't use the tablet much but it was fine yesterday. It downloaded and installed the September release (before either of our 2 laptops has received it!) but when it finally returned to the windows screen and I...
  10. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330