Windows 10: Tablet turns off completely

Discus and support Tablet turns off completely in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I only want to turn screen off. Can't find Setting that needs change. Advice requested please? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew_S_Hatton, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Tablet turns off completely

I only want to turn screen off.

Can't find Setting that needs change.

Advice requested please?

Thanks.

:)

Andrew_S_Hatton, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Aug 12, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Tablet turns off completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Tablet turns off completely

PC tablet stops turning on tablet mode automatically

Hi,

Incorrect settings is one of the possible reasons why the tablet mode is not turning on automatically. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode
      in the left panel. A tablet mode sub-menu appear.
    • Configure the When this device automatically switches menu to
      Don't ask me and always switch.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Tablet turns off completely

1. Tablet turns off completely - Similar Threads - Tablet turns off

2. Turn off Microsoft family completely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Microsoft family completely.: I tried everything on the web. I disabled parental controls, I uninstalled Microsoft family, I unchecked Microsoft family features from the firewall, and literally everything. But for some reasons it is still on. I am an Administrator and organizer on my pc and the only...
  3. Turn off Microsoft family completely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Microsoft family completely.: I tried everything on the web. I disabled parental controls, I uninstalled Microsoft family, I unchecked Microsoft family features from the firewall, and literally everything. But for some reasons it is still on. I am an Administrator and organizer on my pc and the only...
  4. Is my laptop turned off completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop turned off completely ?: I recently stumbled upon this post about the screen time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-on-time-is-24-hours/bb7c5799-8abb-4c2e-9779-ffcc29254beaI usually use my laptop for around 3-4 hours daily and was wondering why it shows the battery...
  5. Is my laptop turned off completely ?

Is my laptop turned off completely ?: I recently stumbled upon this post about the screen time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-screen-on-time-is-24-hours/bb7c5799-8abb-4c2e-9779-ffcc29254beaI usually use my laptop for around 3-4 hours daily and was wondering why it shows the battery...
  6. Win 11 tablet mode turned off

Win 11 tablet mode turned off: I have an hp pavillion laptop and tablet pc combo. I'm confused about win 11 turning off tablet mode when upgraded. Does that mean that I can't use my tablet on this pc at all. As it is meant to work?...
  7. Computer won't turn off completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't turn off completely: My HP Hewlett-Packard EliteBook Laptop isn't shutting down completely. I held down the power button to initiate shutdown, the screen went black and the fans turned off but the power LED light is flashing white and orange. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Wifi turning completely off.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turning completely off.: I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for the wifi turning off. My wifi completely turns off and I have to go into device manager>network adapters and uninstall all of them then scan for new hardware. After that I have to completely shutdown the laptop not restart and...
  9. Tablet won't really turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet won't really turn off: I have an iRuLu Walkin' Book W1002 (10 inch Intel Baytrail 32GB SDD). It came with Windows 8.1. When Windows 10 first came out I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10 on the device and for the last year it has performed very well with almist no problem...
  10. can't turn off tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't turn off tablet mode: I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version since 3,1 21348