Windows 10: Tablet with Windows 10 reverted to Apps Screen

Discus and support Tablet with Windows 10 reverted to Apps Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new tablet and all was well until I must've hit something and changed to the screen where all the apps are shown all over the display. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mohair3, Jul 12, 2016.

1. mohair3 Win User

Tablet with Windows 10 reverted to Apps Screen

I have a new tablet and all was well until I must've hit something and changed to the screen where all the apps are shown all over the display. I just want the app squares off of my screen. I've googled but I just get the stuff where they added the classic shell so I'm not getting anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
    Cheryl

:)

mohair3, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windows 10: keeping two apps open at the same time?

Are you asking if it is possible to have two "store apps" open at the same time on Windows 10, or are you having problems doing it?

If you aren't on Windows 10 yet and just asking the answer, is yes and much more.

There are two modes Windows 10 can be in, desktop or tablet. The default is desktop mode for computers with keyboards, and tablet, well for tablets. For convertibles they switch automatically when you add/remove the keyboard.

In desktop mode the "store apps" are now called universal apps, and are displayed in windows just like regular/old desktop applications, so you can run/display as many of them as you like at a time.

In tablet mode the universal apps work just like on Windows 8's store apps where by default it displays one on the full screen, and if you like a 2 by splitting the screen.

As for going back to Windows 8. Yes you have up to a month to revert back.

After the month Windows 10 will delete the backup files of Windows 8.

A_User_Here, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Win 10 Upgrade: Mail, People & Calendar Apps not working

When I select Mail, People or Calendar Apps, the app screen logo comes up for about 10 seconds, then reverts to tablet screen. With live apps turned on, the icons clearly show apps are connected, but the apps will not open. I have tried two suggestions
    from community including a Powershell Macro for uninstalling then reinstalling these apps and complete reinstallation of Win 10. Any further suggestions please

KeithLinard, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Cheryl, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If pressing the Windows *Start key or Win+D keys don't take you back to your desktop, then check to make sure you have table mode turned off to see your desktop again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 12, 2016
  5. mohair3 Win User
    When I touch the Win key, I get the Play and Explore and other square boxes (tiles I guess they are called) if I hit it again they disappear but I want them to go away completely. But I did turn tablet mode off.

mohair3, Jul 12, 2016
  6. mohair3 Win User
    So no matter what I do, I get the Start Screen and not the Start Menu.

mohair3, Jul 12, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 12, 2016
  8. mohair3 Win User

Thanks...I had to reset the tablet. I somehow got two sign in accounts on it.

mohair3, Jul 12, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad you got it sorted, but sorry to hear that you had to reset it.

Brink, Jul 12, 2016
  10. mohair3 Win User
    is there a way to lock the screen so it doesn't do that again?

mohair3, Jul 12, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's just a on/off toggle switch if it happens again.

Brink, Jul 12, 2016
  12. mohair3 Win User
    Ok thanks...I did have everything correct before I reset...I hope the toggle is not resetting everytime. lol Thanks for all your help Brink!

mohair3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tablet with Windows 10 reverted to Apps Screen - Similar Threads - Tablet reverted Apps

2. Windows 10 Settings app reverted to old style

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings app reverted to old style: Hello there! I just noticed something, my Settings app reverted to old styleBEFOREAFTERWindows 10 Home • 21H1 19043.1110 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-app-reverted-to-old-style/8185e800-c37b-42fd-af43-1096a70d91db
  3. Screen Reverts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Reverts: Does anyone know how to fix this issue.......... My computer randomly reverts to the previous screen. It seems to be getting worse. I can be in the middle of anything and I lose what I was doing when it goes to a previous screen....
  4. Tablet Mode reverts to normal mode each time the tablet is powered off or restarts

Tablet Mode reverts to normal mode each time the tablet is powered off or restarts: I have a tablet and I like to use the tablet mode. However when I restart the laptop or shut down, tablet mode, which was / IS on, is turned off. I have to go to Action Center each time and click "Tablet Mode" and turn it on. I don't just restart then, even so, it should...
  5. Windows 10 keep reverting back to start screen

Windows 10 keep reverting back to start screen: Hello everyone, I got a new laptop last week and this is my first time using Windows 10. My laptop is a Lenovo ideapad flex 5 with touch screen. I have been having this problem where in certain programme the screen will automatically minimise what I'm doing revert to the...
  6. Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen: Windows 10 - screen keeps reverting to previous screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-screen-keeps-reverting-to-previous/5a8f591d-d9be-44fc-8a66-604bb0c5eb48
  7. Blue Screen of Death on a Windows 10 Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death on a Windows 10 Tablet: I got a tablet/laptop with Windows 10 installed like a month ago. It was working perfectly fine yesterday, and now it just decided to not work. I have no idea what caused it, I've made a bit of research but nothing seems to work. Currently, I'm resetting it and waiting to see...
  8. Apps not conpatible with Tablet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps not conpatible with Tablet: Most of the Apps that I try to download have the message "This App is not compatible with this device" I am running Windows 10 on a tablet. Some Apps install ok but a majority of Apps have that msg....
  9. Instagram app for Windows 10 expands to PC and tablets

in Windows 10 News
    Instagram app for Windows 10 expands to PC and tablets: Today, Windows 10 PCs and tablets get the entire Instagram experience — including Instagram Stories. We’re excited to share that the Instagram app for Windows 10 is expanding beyond its current mobile availability and is optimized for tablets and PCs today. The app is free...
  10. Screen reverting to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen reverting to desktop: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week. Since then I am facing two problems. . 1. When I am searching for a file in My documents , Downloads etc the screen reverts to Desktop forcing me to start every thing afresh. 2. When I am typing a mail or preparing a...